Detective Pony IS good

Discuss your favorite fanventures and fan projects here!
Cyber-Fan
Pronouns: He/Him
Classpect: Sylph of Light
Moon: Derse

Detective Pony IS good

Post by Cyber-Fan » Tue Nov 26, 2019 10:29 am

But you already knew that, right?

Not only is it the greatest philosophical work of the decade, but it also predicted a bunch of stuff in the epilogues years before they released. Basically everybody loves this fic, hell, even the HS^2 writers gave it a shoutout.

Discuss

Monckat

Re: Detective Pony IS good

Post by Monckat » Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:28 pm

detective pony is definitely the greatest piece of fan content to come out of this fandom, and that's saying a lot! there's just so much depth to it.

i really like naked bee's audiobook version, i've listened to it all the way through like 5 times in the background while drawing shit. naked bee's also been working on a theatre of coolty style 'live action' version, gonna be done in january i think.

Bahinchut

Post by Bahinchut » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:59 am

its so good that until viewing this thread, i thought hussie made it

Generalrabogolfo
Pronouns: El, el rabo
Classpect: bard of mind

Post by Generalrabogolfo » Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:22 pm

i found that the mention of it on H^2 was forced and kind of unnecesary. i mean, seriously? you just gonna throw the most recognizable line of the fanfic? they could have done it better its all im saying
:rosecool:

lillithRamie
Pronouns: she/them

Post by lillithRamie » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:03 am

It's definitely on my list of must-reads for any fan. And coming in a couple days NakedBee will start releasing a full moviehttps://youtu.be/cY4Mxp0g4M8 of it on their channel, one chapter a week. I'm very excited, considering what an excellent job they did with Theatre of Coolty.

Rolaldistrict
Pronouns: any
Classpect: Thief of Void

Post by Rolaldistrict » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:52 am

god detective pony slaps so fucking hard and has so many layers to its writing. the literary merit is OFF THE CHARTS and i genuinely think it is a fan fucking tastic commentary on the concept of meta and storytelling as a whole. i think the HS2 team took a huge amount of inspiration from it as well, given the direction theyre taking the current narrative in, and detective pony literally describes how to defeat a god-author (in fact, it describes how to defeat the same exact god-author). my boyfriend and i have had many discussions about it, and we spent a long time trying to classpect all the characters according to how they're represented. it also gives so much insight into dirk as a character, his thoughts, his motivations, and is all around a fantastic piece of philosophical thought period.
Shameless self-promo: Read Alterniated on MSPFA! :rorb: