MSPA Online - Roleplaying chatroom

Got an fandom-related project, site, or theme? Want to start one? Looking for fan meetups in your area? Post in here.
javitaxy
Pronouns: she/he/they
Classpect: Mage of Heart
Moon: Prospit

MSPA Online - Roleplaying chatroom

Post by javitaxy » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:38 pm

Hello! I’d like to invite you over to MSPA Online!

MSPAO is a Danganronpa Online-based server, which is located on Attorney Online, a roleplaying chatroom that has a ton of neat functions!
You can choose a character and use their sprites to talk with other people. Many kinds of activities are welcome! It is not limited to roleplay either: you can host games, have casual chats, etc.

The characters you can embody range from Official Homestuck media (Pesterquest/Hiveswap Friendsim) to fancontent (Snowbound Blood, Fansims, etc). You wanna use your own fantroll? Don’t worry! If you have sprites for them, importing to the client is super easy too!

Here's how it looks:
There's also tons of music and backgrounds to choose from! You can join the discord or read the tutorials if you'd like to know more.

DOWNLOAD: https://tinyurl.com/MSPAOfiles
DISCORD: https://discord.gg/T6WW3yh
More information: https://tinyurl.com/MSPAOmenu

Tutorials. A bit outdated, but still serve as a good guide.
Extra Picture
Show
Last edited by javitaxy on Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Generalrabogolfo
Pronouns: El, el rabo
Classpect: bard of mind
Moon: Derse

Re: MSPA Online - Roleplaying chatroom

Post by Generalrabogolfo » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:00 pm

this is fucking amazing holy shit
:rosecool:

RacoonaStrate
Classpect: Prince of life

Post by RacoonaStrate » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:10 am

this isn't my cup of tea but this seems pretty RAD :cal:

javitaxy

Post by javitaxy » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:00 pm

It's been a while since I posted here! But I updated the links and image from this post.

I'd also like to say we had an update recently, with more themes to choose from! We also compressed all of our files, and of course, added new characters as well.

:ecstatic: Ey

Endater
Pronouns: She/Her
Classpect: Butt of Joke

Post by Endater » Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:02 pm

Pretty cool. Wish I role-played so I could use it
ImageImage

javitaxy

Post by javitaxy » Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:59 am

Endater wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:02 pm
Lately our influx of people has been pretty low, so we kinda don't host rp's (or can't, since a lot aren't interested in roleplaying). Most players are just there to chill and chat and just have fun!

Endater
Pronouns: She/Her
Classpect: Butt of Joke

Post by Endater » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:52 pm

javitaxy wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:59 am
Endater wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:02 pm
Lately our influx of people has been pretty low, so we kinda don't host rp's (or can't, since a lot aren't interested in roleplaying). Most players are just there to chill and chat and just have fun!
:cool:
ImageImage

luigi
Pronouns: ?/?/?
Classpect: Not Plumber of Pipes

Post by luigi » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:07 pm

That's pretty neat stuff, turning web chats into visual novel format sounds fun.

In the future, instead of zoom meetings, we're going to do office meetings in a vr chat. I will show up to tax season meetings as eeyore.
spambot wrote:The passion amongst men is increasing.

BrobyDDark

Post by BrobyDDark » Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:48 pm

Part of the reason roleplay dies down on these kindsa platforms, I think, is due to the limitations of the service. I know I prefer to roleplay as my own character and not somebody else's. People can add their own sprites, but that's a hassle. Plus, even if they did add their own sprites, all they'd be able to do is talk to people, and not really anything else. Which some people like, but not everyone's into it. Having a service just to chat (with pictures) is still cool, though.

javitaxy

Post by javitaxy » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:20 pm

BrobyDDark wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 10:48 pm
Part of the reason roleplay dies down on these kindsa platforms, I think, is due to the limitations of the service. I know I prefer to roleplay as my own character and not somebody else's. People can add their own sprites, but that's a hassle. Plus, even if they did add their own sprites, all they'd be able to do is talk to people, and not really anything else. Which some people like, but not everyone's into it. Having a service just to chat (with pictures) is still cool, though.
Yeah, that's fair. Though the other servers in the platform are pretty popular and host stuff lots of stuff everyday, but they aren't homestuck themed (Other visual novels, danganronpa, etc), so maybe it's not how the platform works but just an issue on the vast ammount of servers burying ours down the list. And yeah, roleplaying or chatting as an existing character might be a bit boring for some, but chatting as those you like, while being able to use their facial expressions is pretty fun imo. Helps a bit with the lack of non-verbal communication issue that chatting has. And there are a bunch of commands in client that make the experience feel a bit better.

Anyway, I guess it's true a service like this isn't for anyone. Thanks for your feedback though!

BrobyDDark

Post by BrobyDDark » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:04 pm

Yeah, Danganronpa and Phoenix Wright are more popular franchises. And there's a bit more you can do with their premises, such as mock trials and simulated death games. Honestly, though, these exercises in remaking things from Homestuck are always nice. Like Pesterchum and Project Genesis.

Gilgameshking07
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Gilgameshking07 » Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:54 pm

javitaxy wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:20 pm
BrobyDDark wrote:
Yeah, that's fair. Though the other servers in the platform are pretty popular and host stuff lots of stuff everyday, but they aren't homestuck themed (Other visual novels, danganronpa, etc), so maybe it's not how the platform works but just an issue on the vast ammount of servers burying ours down the list. And yeah, roleplaying or chatting as an existing character might be a bit boring for some, but chatting as those you like, while being able to use their facial expressions is pretty fun imo. Helps a bit with the lack of non-verbal communication issue that chatting has. And there are a bunch of commands in client that make the experience feel a bit better.

Anyway, I guess it's true a service like this isn't for anyone. Thanks for your feedback though!
It's funny because I fall on the other side. I'd love to Rp characters especially canon ones. I've dabbled in OC, but it wasn't really my thing in the end. This looks like a super interesting program. If there are still people using it I might have to check it out!

javitaxy

Post by javitaxy » Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:15 pm

Gilgameshking07 wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:54 pm
javitaxy wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:20 pm
BrobyDDark wrote:

It's funny because I fall on the other side. I'd love to Rp characters especially canon ones. I've dabbled in OC, but it wasn't really my thing in the end. This looks like a super interesting program. If there are still people using it I might have to check it out!
I'm glad to see you're interested! Sadly, the small community we managed to create kinda just... died (people just migrated to servers with more people). Our server barely gets any people nowadays, if at all, but if you like the idea I still really recommend downloading AO and checking out other servers (though they most likely won't include homestuck content. There is one that does, but I've heard it's a bit chaotic.)

Gilgameshking07
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Gilgameshking07 » Wed Aug 25, 2021 9:34 am

javitaxy wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 10:15 pm
Gilgameshking07 wrote:
Tue Aug 24, 2021 9:54 pm

I'm glad to see you're interested! Sadly, the small community we managed to create kinda just... died (people just migrated to servers with more people). Our server barely gets any people nowadays, if at all, but if you like the idea I still really recommend downloading AO and checking out other servers (though they most likely won't include homestuck content. There is one that does, but I've heard it's a bit chaotic.)
That sucks I'm sorry to hear that. I'm coming to understand it's hard to keep things like that running nowadays. It's bizarre having been on Tumblr during prime Homestuck years vs now when I started getting into it. Feels like I missed the bus a bit