PESTERCHUM 3.41: The ride never stops edition

Got an fandom-related project, site, or theme? Want to start one? Looking for fan meetups in your area? Post in here.
lavendersiren
Pronouns: they/them
Classpect: Mage of Light
Moon: Derse

Re: PESTERCHUM 3.41: The ride never stops edition

Post by lavendersiren » Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:30 pm

Looking it up, it looks like it might be a socket error or something? Possibly related to a slow proxy server?
Check what your firewall might be complaining about. If you're using windows, maybe try this?: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... rver-on-sl
Image Image

dogWarden
Pronouns: Any/All
Classpect: Heir of Heart
Moon: Prospit

Post by dogWarden » Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:57 pm

Checked, it's not getting blocked by my firewall. I even went in and specifically allowed it to go through the windows defender firewall which is my only active firewall?

deceitfulDomestic
Pronouns: he/they

Post by deceitfulDomestic » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:25 pm

my copy of the program was working yesterday and now it doesn't? i was guessing that i clicked on the x instead of exiting out of the client but, i'm not so sure. it'll help if i could get any or some assistance.

cerebralMatchstick
Pronouns: they/xey
Classpect: Mage of Void

Post by cerebralMatchstick » Sun Jul 05, 2020 8:01 am

lavendersiren wrote:
Thu Apr 09, 2020 5:27 pm
Hm... looks like it's having trouble loading your profile. Have you checked to see if your profile is in there? Try opening it in Notepad++ or something.
Having the exact same problem as them, my profile is missing in local files! Do you know how to fix this?

=== PESTERCHUM DEBUG 07-05-20 06-37 ===
Qt: Untested Windows version 6.2 detected!
Registered quirks: upper(), lower(), scramble(), reverse()
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<string>", line 2912, in <module>
File "<string>", line 2604, in __init__
File "<string>", line 937, in __init__
File "c:\Users\Stephen\Documents\projects\build\build\pyi.win32\pesterchum\outPYZ1.pyz/profile", line 104, in __init__
File "c:\Users\Stephen\Documents\projects\build\build\pyi.win32\pesterchum\outPYZ1.pyz/profile", line 362, in __init__
IOError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'C:\\Users\\CY\\AppData\\Local\\pesterchum/profiles/cerebralMatchstick.js'

lavendersiren

Post by lavendersiren » Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:48 pm

I managed to slam together a quick profile file for you. You'll need to change the settings back to your preferences but it should hopefully allow the program to work once its placed in the requested profile section.

Let me know if it works out!
Image Image

gothic everything

Post by gothic everything » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:25 am

So i made a profile, customised my quirk, all was good. I talked to one of my friends, then exited. Except. When i tried to log back it, i pressed the little drop down thing of my profiles, selected mine, went in, but ten it told me that the handle was already taken?? i tried so many times, even made another one with 1 letter different, but whenever i try and log back on it says the handle is taken. Im really infuriated by this because i was so excited to show off my cool quirk and talk to friends. Please help????

lavendersiren

Post by lavendersiren » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:58 am

There's a good chance that you're already logged in. It is possible to run multiple instances of pesterchum at once and they will hide with the icons until you actually select the option to exit. Click the icon and the window with your chumroll should appear again.

If you need to check though, try pestering your handle from a throwaway handle. if someone really did yoink it, they'll get the pm. If a second PM window pops up on your machine, then you're still logged in and you have your handle.

If you're worried about others using it and you manage to get it back, I think nickserv is usually an available service on the server.
Image Image

dogWarden
Pronouns: Any/All
Classpect: Heir of Heart
Moon: Prospit

Post by dogWarden » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:01 pm

hey, if you could respond to my previous reply it'd be greatly appreciated. i'd really like to use this software but as far as i'm aware there's literally no problems on my end as this is the only program i've ever had connection issues with.

lavendersiren

Post by lavendersiren » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:21 pm

I'm stumped on your issue, unfortunately. If I had an answer I would have posted it.
Sorry about that.
Image Image

Supercharger
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Supercharger » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:39 am

Hello there! Seeing that there is a version of Pesterchum on Linux which I can download, I decided to give it a whirl. However, there was an issue which prevented me from compiling the files.

The INSTALL file in said Pesterchum file I extracted specifically mentions that all Linux users (I am currently using Xubuntu 20.04) must install the following dependencies:

- PyQT 4.6
- pygame

Unfortunately, both files, which were once installation packages under the APT repository were all but removed from it. I am unfamiliar with building installation files on my own, even if I could find the files elsewhere, thus unable to proceed with trying to make Pesterchum on Linux work.

In the meantime, I also went and installed ChumDroid on my HTC One phone in case I have no solution for the aforementioned issue, only to find out that it crashes to the phone's main screen whenever connection was attempted. I am now stuck unless I resort into reinstalling Windows on my admittedly old laptop (which has a chuck full of issues and it likely won't last longer).
Current profile icon by Topaz The Crosscat!

4a

Post by 4a » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:10 pm

hello! i am getting consistent disconnects on default port and on port 1413, and port 21 gives me error 10061. what gives? my profile is set up properly and in the right location

KarinJosef

Post by KarinJosef » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:31 am

soo pesterchum doesn't even open for me and i have no clue on what to do

lavendersiren

Post by lavendersiren » Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:03 am

Okay, let's start from the beginning.
What OS do you have? Did you grab the right download for your operating system?
Did you remember to unzip any zip files?
What does it look like in the task manager or similar equivalent when you try to open it?

As for the person who can't seem to connect, this is a puzzling one. Does your computer have any weird things involved with its internet connection? Any complaints from any firewalls?
Image Image

RabidRot

Post by RabidRot » Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:05 pm

I hate tp b e a bother but I'm on mac and the box site wont even download the zip? Has anyone had this issue before?

candymoon7698

Post by candymoon7698 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:02 am

so I have no idea how this works but anyways. I made the mistake of closing out of pesterchum and now it won't open i tried deleting it and re downloading it and it didnt help this has happened to me before and the only way i was able to fix was to reset my whole laptop but i'd rather avoid that option. i have seen this saying to delete the pesterchum.js file but i don't see a file named that anywhere while looking. can someone please help me?

Junkguy14
Pronouns: He/Him

Pesterchum won't open plz help

Post by Junkguy14 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 12:20 am

I downloaded it 2 days ago and set it up, I closed out of it for like an hour and then reopened it but when I tried to sign in it kept saying my name was already taken. I tried deleting the name then an error popped up saying that something went wrong while deleting. I closed out of the app but couldn't reopen it. I restarted my computer twice and reinstalled it 4 times but nothing worked. I eventually found this forum and downloaded the debug but I have no clue what to do now. I would like some help please.

Junkguy14

Post by Junkguy14 » Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:09 am

I downloaded it 2 days ago and set it up, I closed out of it for like an hour and then reopened it but when I tried to sign in it kept saying my name was already taken. I tried deleting the name then an error popped up saying that something went wrong while deleting. I closed out of the app but couldn't reopen it. I restarted my computer twice and reinstalled it 4 times but nothing worked. I eventually found this forum and downloaded the debug but I have no clue what to do now. I would like some help please.

lavendersiren

Post by lavendersiren » Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:51 pm

Have you checked the icons over in the corner? If you see a pesterchum icon there, then its still open through that. Click it to make the window appear. You can only exit that instance via Exit in the menu. Do note that different themes can have different icons.
Image Image

Junkguy14

Post by Junkguy14 » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:43 am

I can't get my pesterchum to open can someone please help

SassMasterSatan

Post by SassMasterSatan » Wed Aug 05, 2020 5:15 am

Hey all, I suppose this is less of a problem and more of a general question, but has anyone has success in using the regex replacement for making a gradient quirk? I've been using persterchum for going on 6-7? years now and I remember that being all the rage back in the day. Could anyone help me out with setting it up?