Is Bronya the one who gave Karkat is Lusus?

Discuss Hiveswap and Hiveswap Friendsim here!
luigi
Pronouns: ?/?/?
Classpect: Not Plumber of Pipes

Is Bronya the one who gave Karkat is Lusus?

Post by luigi » Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:54 pm

Hey all, I'm playing through the Friendsim and just got to Bronya's route. The way she treats the weaker grubs, the fact she seems a bit... should I say JADED when it comes to concepts like the hemospectrum and culling, makes me think we'll see during Hiveswap at some point the truth about the modern day Sufferer's who set up Karkat with his sign and his Lusus. Does this sound plausible? It's the first thing I thought when I saw Bronya's secret nursery for weak trolls about to be culled. And the timeline sort of lines up, considering this all takes place about a decade or two before Homestuck starts. (Assuming Alternia and Earth are synced up for Hiveswap, Friendsim, and the beginning of Homestuck.

What do you think?
spambot wrote:The passion amongst men is increasing.

foreverFlummoxed
Pronouns: Call me w/e, idgaf
Classpect: Rogue of Light
Moon: Prospit

Re: Is Bronya the one who gave Karkat is Lusus?

Post by foreverFlummoxed » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:27 pm

Karkat's lusus was bred specifically for mutant bloods. In Homestuck it states that the followers and secret followers of the Sufferer's teachings are the ones who "created" the lusus, as for if someone specifically gave Karkat his lusus (as a grub so he wouldn't remember) or if Crabdad just sort of instinctively chose him is unclear.

basically it's ambiguous at best.
FF: Personally, I think my skills are near-mediocre at best. that's really all there is to say on the matter.

FF: I couldn't figure out how to get it in the profile field so here's my YouTube channel

luigi

Post by luigi » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:51 pm

Yeah I know the ambiguity during Homestuck Prime when it comes to Karkat's "birth" and brooding trials are what's making me think (/hope bc cool worldbuilding) it was Bronya and her crew responsible for Karkat being able to live a normal Alternia life without being culled.

Her troll call also said "Knows your mom" (or "is your mom", or something like that) which could be a reference to the fact that Karkat the main characters of his session (like John and Jane) so we know his "mom" ie the person that saved him from being culled during the brooding trials.

I mean that last part is a bit of a stretch but there seems to be a lot of thematic and narrative hints pointing towards this idea. My only hesitation is that throughout all of Friendsim so far (I'm on Tyziazs' route) there hasn't been any mention of Sufferer rebellions or his religion, and it was Sufferer followers specifically that set up Karkat with his Lusus. But then again Bronya could just be a SECRET Sufferer, in order to hide from the drones.

If they were going to do that though I feel like they would have in her FS route instead of waiting till Hiveswap Act 3 or whatever. But who knows.

foreverFlummoxed

Post by foreverFlummoxed » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:06 pm

luigi wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:51 pm
Her troll call also said "Knows your mom" (or "is your mom", or something like that)
It was "the mom friend" because she is a mom (jadeblood/jadeblood leader) and a friend, but also the mom friend of the friend group

"knows your mom" was actually used for Elwurd but only previously when her troll call card was first shown
luigi wrote:
(I'm on Tyziazs' route) there hasn't been any mention of Sufferer rebellions or his religion,
This string of sentences will be hilarious for you in hindsight, probably
luigi wrote:
Hiveswap Act 3 or whatever. But who knows.
Every Friendsim troll will be in Hiveswap Act 2 actually, friendsim was basically used to introduce them and the type of people they are at first, until it eventually became more than that
FF: Personally, I think my skills are near-mediocre at best. that's really all there is to say on the matter.

FF: I couldn't figure out how to get it in the profile field so here's my YouTube channel

luigi

Post by luigi » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:09 pm

DUDE YOURE RIGHT I FINISHED TYZIAZS' route and sure enough she mentioned both the Sufferer and the Summoner. Hilarious.

As for the rest yeah I guess we gotta wait and see.

Do you think it's plausible though? That Bronya and her enclave of wiggler-saviors were responsible for Karkat living long enough to play SGRUB?

foreverFlummoxed

Post by foreverFlummoxed » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:16 pm

luigi wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:09 pm
DUDE YOURE RIGHT I FINISHED TYZIAZS' route and sure enough she mentioned both the Sufferer and the Summoner. Hilarious.

As for the rest yeah I guess we gotta wait and see.

Do you think it's plausible though? That Bronya and her enclave of wiggler-saviors were responsible for Karkat living long enough to play SGRUB?
It does have a probability, whether it was Bronya herself or just a like-minded Jadeblood (Bronya's not supposed to be doing this after all) it's honestly a 50/50 shot really (it would be sweet for it to turn out like "Bronya, inadvertent savior of the universe" though :rosecool: )

luigi

Post by luigi » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:19 pm

foreverFlummoxed wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:16 pm
(it would be sweet for it to turn out like "Bronya, inadvertent savior of the universe" though :rosecool: )
That's pretty much what I'm thinking! The Dolorosa inspired more than just Kanaya to be best mom :orange: