The Palettes of Homestuck sprites (discussion thread)

Discuss your favorite fanventures and fan projects here!
calamityCons
Pronouns: they/he
Classpect: Prince of Doom
Moon: Derse

Re: The Palettes of Homestuck sprites (discussion thread)

Post by calamityCons » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:09 pm

That seems perfectly fine actually, you could probably keep this as a sandbox or sketch thread of sorts.
#ReviveSpadesSlick #WVForNarrativeRelevance

foreverFlummoxed
Pronouns: Call me w/e, idgaf
Classpect: Rogue of Light
Moon: Prospit

Post by foreverFlummoxed » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:35 pm

calamityCons wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:09 pm
as a sandbox
okay? not to sure what you mean by that
calamityCons wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:09 pm
sketch thread
that'd be nice if I was actually an artist :what:
FF: Personally, I think my skills are near-mediocre at best. that's really all there is to say on the matter.

FF: I couldn't figure out how to get it in the profile field so here's my YouTube channel

calamityCons

Post by calamityCons » Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:48 pm

haha no, I mean sandbox/sketch as in "rough approximations and practice areas to take risks and make experimental formats"

foreverFlummoxed

Post by foreverFlummoxed » Thu Jan 30, 2020 6:49 pm

calamityCons wrote:
Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:48 pm
haha no, I mean sandbox/sketch as in "rough approximations and practice areas to take risks and make experimental formats"
Ah, yes that makes more sense. and that would be half of what it would stay as (with suggestions and such) while the other half would be me answering questions anyone might have.
FF: Personally, I think my skills are near-mediocre at best. that's really all there is to say on the matter.

FF: I couldn't figure out how to get it in the profile field so here's my YouTube channel

foreverFlummoxed

Post by foreverFlummoxed » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:42 am

So, does anyone know of any sprites of Latula and/or Cronus that aren't discoloured? I can't seem to be able to find any; for example in this post of the sprites, both Latula and Cronus have the same discolouring in their face and horns.

(side-note, does anyone kn ow if Damara's horns are supposed to be slightly discoloured or is that unintentional)

calamityCons

Post by calamityCons » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:01 pm

As far as I know the only way to get those colors properly is to take pictures of them outside of sprite mode, because the actual sprites themselves are so rarely seen that I don't know where to look to find them.

foreverFlummoxed

Post by foreverFlummoxed » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:10 pm

There's only two places i know of, so far, that the sprites would be: directly from ipgd or in Collide but those two are where my knowledge of their appearances stop. With Damara and Kurloz, their sprites are only from ipgd due to not being present in Collide.
Last edited by foreverFlummoxed on Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

foreverFlummoxed

Post by foreverFlummoxed » Thu Feb 27, 2020 9:59 am

shortened version of previous message that was here: lack of updates last half of February, I got distracted with another project on my new YouTube channel. Ridiculous folly. Inexcusable. Yes, I'm still alive. (decided to keep this one since it was responded to, just for contextual purposes)
Last edited by foreverFlummoxed on Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

calamityCons

Post by calamityCons » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:03 pm

I'm at least happy to know you're still alive and doing stuff! I don't expect you to be a workhorse about this stuff.

foreverFlummoxed

Post by foreverFlummoxed » Mon Mar 02, 2020 2:01 pm

I believe this thread and the information thread may need to be moved, I'm thinking to Fan Content Discussion and possibly to Fan Projects respectively. More so on the discussion thread, I'm only partway sure of the info. thread to Fan Projects. Dunno it may actually fit here better, I'll let someone else judge that.

edit: disregard this, it is now a moot point

foreverFlummoxed

Post by foreverFlummoxed » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:28 pm

Just found this on the MSPA wiki about Lime-bloods:

Can someone confirm or deny this information? (about it being different)

(also for those who may have been unaware/may be following the info thread: a selection of Homestuck2 sprites have recently been documented)

foreverFlummoxed

T.P.O.H.S.

Post by foreverFlummoxed » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:34 am

I do not believe there was much progress this time, mostly just reformatting for sections that looked off (which wasn't done for the entire list yet) and checking the images to make sure they still display, okay maybe there was Trickster John but either way it wasn't finished.

never found any word on this for the limebloods:
Image (found on MSPA wiki)

Suggestions for sprites to document and possible improvements are welcomed.
Next update will be trickster John's hair.

foreverFlummoxed

T. P. O. H. S. new addition?

Post by foreverFlummoxed » Tue Aug 04, 2020 4:05 pm

it seems I missed the June progress update, so here's the make up for that: I did a bunch of stuff that I don't remember and probably will not remember unless I look at each section carefully.

I am considering adding a CMYK section separate from every thing else (so it's not too cluttered) any thoughts on this matter? edit: along with possibly some quick links to navigate faster.

Damara, Latula, and Cronus along with the possible lime blood colour change are still on the top of the priority list.

Suggestions for sprites to document and possible improvements to formatting, listing, etc. are welcomed.

foreverFlummoxed

Post by foreverFlummoxed » Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:08 pm

August update 1 day late, added quick links and the CMYK section, although the CMYK section(s) have not been formatted so they may look a little sub-par for a while.

The Karkat GT sprite seems like it wasn't official, so the Blood section is having an overhaul, Mind has been added in the same reasoning as the (estimated) sections, along with how Blood is/was. Added Rose's god tier's shoes.

Suggestions for sprites to document and possible improvements to formatting, listing, etc. are welcomed.

foreverFlummoxed

Post by foreverFlummoxed » Fri Oct 09, 2020 2:39 am

A brief explanation on the Alpha Carapacian exiles and their names:

Each Carapacian was given initials based on their design and appearance

Acrimonious Refugee was easy because the sprites for them line up with actual AR sprites (Authority Regulator exiles)

Chthonic Barbarian is only seen holding a crowbar (Crow-Bar)

Perilous Hermit's best look at the sprite involves the wearing of a party hat on page 5520 (Party Hat)

Ruinous Cadger's sprite looked like a roller coaster car when tuned 90o clockwise (Roller Coaster)

Secluded Pilferer's sprite shares it's legs and eye with a pawn's sprite except for the height (Short Pawn)

I believe the only Prospitian alpha exile that is shown in a mostly good image is a Prospitian version of CB and even then the sprite would require a lot of guesswork recreation as only half of the sprite is in frame.

Special thanks to Gio, calamityCons, and Quiddity for help with RC's initials and name

foreverFlummoxed

T. P. O. H. S. (kind of late) bi-monthly progress update

Post by foreverFlummoxed » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:02 am

December update that's ~9-10 days late because there wasn't really much to say.

Minor additions and colour fixes, possible missing parts in CMYK section(s) oops, possibly figured out the Lime blood Extended zodiac stuff.

Suggestions for sprites to document and possible improvements to formatting, listing, etc. are welcomed. If you find anything you think to be wrong, feel free to point that out as well.

foreverFlummoxed

T. P. O. H. S. (previously bi-monthly) progress update

Post by foreverFlummoxed » Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:15 pm

August update simultaneously both sort of on time, and extremely late.

There's not been many major advances regarding this info list, only minor things such as Nepeta and Meulin god tier outfits (both estimated) and CMYK revisions that sometimes happen (oops)

Still searching for the various troll god-tier sprites and the three alpha trolls with dubious pallets seen thus far. Dirk's normal sprite and the Sollux god tier sprite will be replaced with normal standing sprites soon. (Sollux and Dirk sprites have been replaced as of now)

Feel free to point out any mistakes in the list you think you may have come across in this thread, suggestions for sprites to document and possible improvements to formatting, listing, etc. are welcomed.

foreverFlummoxed

Re: T. P. O. H. S. (previously bi-monthly) progress update

Post by foreverFlummoxed » Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:42 am

foreverFlummoxed wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:15 pm
August October update[...]

There's not been many major advances regarding this info list[...]

Still searching for the various troll god-tier sprites and the three alpha trolls with dubious pallets seen thus far.
Ditto ↑

Feel free to point out any mistakes in the list you think you may have come across in this thread, suggestions for sprites to document and possible improvements to formatting, listing, etc. are welcomed.