PesterQuest Volume 7

Discuss Pesterquest, Psycholonials, Homestuck^2, and other related works here!
rookie1978
Pronouns: any & all
Classpect: Lord of Rage
Moon: Prospit

Re: PesterQuest Volume 7

Post by rookie1978 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:50 pm

classpectanon wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 11:16 am
ARTHOUR
Show
HE'S HERE
Already good, but this made it better.

Sciencejoe

Post by Sciencejoe » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:01 pm

I never thought I would say it, but I think out of every single troll, Equius has probably had the best route. I'm honestly unsure if the others will be able to top it. They took a character that many dismiss as an utter joke and is overall unimportant to Homestuck's grand story and made him much more human and interesting. That is exactly what I wanted to see when we started getting into these routes. Kanaya (in my opinion) did not deliver, but Equius did oh so very much.

Terezi's was good, and served as an important reminder of the fact that under all the cackling, dramatics, and chalk-eating, Terezi genuinely would prefer our "human" justice as opposed to troll justice. I could do with a little less Vriska, but the Scourge Sisters were an inevitable roadbump that had to be hit somehow, and I think it was hit with class and decency.

Alternia is a cursed hell-planet, and I'm praying with ever fiber of my being that somehow MSPA Reader can tap into his narrative strength and fully separate Hiveswap's events (and the ones in this no-Sburb timeline) so that the upcoming games are less of an inevitable conclusion, as well as letting the kids and trolls enjoy their lives without dancing to Skaia's music. Considering he spends this route with his own "quirk" talking to Karkat, I really would like MSPA Reader to become his own character and exist within the world as his own person instead of just being our tongue-in-cheek stand-in who will inevitably lose all his memories.

What I think might help Homestuck regain some of its former traction is just having a world with all of the elements, but none of the crushing inevitability of having to bow down and praise the concept of canon, relevancy, and the narrative over and over again. While I love that element of the Epilogues and Homestuck 2, that's not why people came for Homestuck. They came for the interesting characters, for the sense of adventure in a video game that rewards them with a new world.

Now is a perfect time to deliver that, and I truly hope they don't waste it just so they can do more Friendsim novels.
Amateur Writer / Professional Psychologist Of People And Characters / Rogue of Mind

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:29 pm

I just realized something. That place the reader ends up in? I think its the same hallway we see in the beginning of pesterquest.

https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/steam/a ... 1567622762

But more defined now, with an actual form to it.

warren

Post by warren » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:18 pm

thorondraco wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:29 pm
I just realized something. That place the reader ends up in? I think its the same hallway we see in the beginning of pesterquest.

my immediate thought is that the place the reader ends up is a hallway on the theseus..hs2 spoilers>> equius isnt able to exist in that plane of existence but terezi is! cause in another timeline shes piloting the theseus. idk. it may just be my homestuck2 fever but i want pesterquest and hs2 to be connected. i also think the tposing figure is dirk? Maybe? not rly sure
mage of hope :cool3d:

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:38 pm

warren wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:18 pm
thorondraco wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:29 pm

my immediate thought is that the place the reader ends up is a hallway on the theseus..hs2 spoilers>> equius isnt able to exist in that plane of existence but terezi is! cause in another timeline shes piloting the theseus. idk. it may just be my homestuck2 fever but i want pesterquest and hs2 to be connected. i also think the tposing figure is dirk? Maybe? not rly sure
Dirk is without question narrating the pesterquest, or has since a certain point. I can tell cause that is when the reader keeps on dying. I think the exact point he does is when Bro touched the reader and threw him out the window, while the Reader was paralyzed by figuring out how god damn bishonen Bro was. A failure timeline but that would be enough.

He is trying to stop the reader. Its why all these death endings keep happening now. I mean the reader didn't even get mauled by a tiger before. The best guess why is that either he sees the reader as a dangerous rival or, perhaps, fears the reader regaining memories would interfere with hiveswap.

The idea that the Tposer is dirk might have validity. But an issue I do have with the theory is how did the Reader end up in some abstractified form of the theseus hallway? Or, more so, how did the house juju end up there? That was not part of the plan I think. Its obvious cause Dirk is literally trying to stop him now. Least it wasn't Dirk's plan.

If i remember the fenestrated walls actually go through the void? Or at least when they are turned off you end up in the void.

The Tposer is also not a Twunk. It in fact seems more feminine. It lacks breasts but its hips and legs. The reader's primary features describe, least by peeps who see it, is the legs and the butt. So what if the Tposer is some form of the Reader himsef/herself? The reader is True Nonbinary but that seems to mostly be because, he doesn't exist?

Flame_Warp

Post by Flame_Warp » Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:20 pm

thorondraco wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:38 pm
The Tposer is also not a Twunk. It in fact seems more feminine. It lacks breasts but its hips and legs. The reader's primary features describe, least by peeps who see it, is the legs and the butt.
Holy shit, you're right. Part of the reason the Hallway A-Poser is so hard to pin down is that they have almost no defining features except that, and consistently the only parts of Reader that are noted as being above average are their murder ass and their gams. I think 'It's Reader somehow' was already a somewhat common thought, but man that might just sink it.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Mon Nov 18, 2019 9:14 pm

Flame_Warp wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 8:20 pm
thorondraco wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 5:38 pm
The Tposer is also not a Twunk. It in fact seems more feminine. It lacks breasts but its hips and legs. The reader's primary features describe, least by peeps who see it, is the legs and the butt.
Holy shit, you're right. Part of the reason the Hallway A-Poser is so hard to pin down is that they have almost no defining features except that, and consistently the only parts of Reader that are noted as being above average are their murder ass and their gams. I think 'It's Reader somehow' was already a somewhat common thought, but man that might just sink it.
Like holy shit. But we will have t osee.