I'm afraid for HS^2

Discuss Pesterquest, Psycholonials, Homestuck^2, and other related works here!
deadlyAdder
Pronouns: She/Her
Classpect: Seer of Breath
Moon: Prospit

Re: I'm afraid for HS^2

Post by deadlyAdder » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:05 pm

Alder wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:02 pm
deadlyAdder wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:57 pm
Alder wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 3:36 pm

They said they're not going to keep a consistent update schedule outside of just posting once a month. Something about them not wanting to be harassed about them?

Also, CPA, am on mobile so I can't quote your post here but I think OP meant the gender changes were forced in the sense that characters like Roxy were suddenly given dysphoria when that was not previously noted in canon, making it feel forced rather than a natural progression of their personalities.
Roxy doesn't have dysphoria lmao. Imagine thinking you need dysphoria about yourself to be trans. They're just trying to find what feels right for themselves. Characters change, whether onscreen or otherwise. You just sound like a tumblr baby.

"Wah wah chawactew change in way i dont like or undewstand!! wah wah wah!! time to thwow a fit!!"
Very mature discourse.
If you're going to act like a clown, then don't be surprised when people call you out on it lmao
:rorb:

Alder

Post by Alder » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:09 pm

deadlyAdder wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:05 pm
snip
Having a differing opinion isn't being a clown. That's a really bad mindset to have.

rookie1978
Pronouns: any & all
Classpect: Lord of Rage

Post by rookie1978 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:09 pm

deadlyAdder wrote:
Alder wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:02 pm
deadlyAdder wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 6:57 pm

Roxy doesn't have dysphoria lmao. Imagine thinking you need dysphoria about yourself to be trans. They're just trying to find what feels right for themselves. Characters change, whether onscreen or otherwise. You just sound like a tumblr baby.

"Wah wah chawactew change in way i dont like or undewstand!! wah wah wah!! time to thwow a fit!!"
Very mature discourse.
If you're going to act like a clown, then don't be surprised when people call you out on it lmao
I don't think they ever acted like a clown, or a baby, they just gave their views on the subject at hand.. and didn't resort to namecalling. He didn't even say it was his own opinion, he just attempted to extrapolate on my own.

calamityCons
Pronouns: they/he
Classpect: Prince of Doom
Moon: Derse

Post by calamityCons » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:09 pm

DeadlyAdder that is really bad behavior what the hell. At least be civil if you expect others to be civil in return.

People can have issues with the method a character’s identity was revealed or explored. The issue isnt that the characters are not straight or cis, the issue is that the way it is being revealed is poorly written and hard to swallow.

In my opinion, all of this meta discussion obfuscates the real crux of discussing the plot. When the narrative had to bend itself into a pretzel with John’s retcon powers to F1X TH1S then that’s about when the narrative flew off the rails and crashed on the other side of the theme park.
#ReviveSpadesSlick #WVForNarrativeRelevance

deadlyAdder

Post by deadlyAdder » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:14 pm

Alder wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:09 pm
deadlyAdder wrote:
Having a differing opinion isn't being a clown. That's a really bad mindset to have.
> Having a differing opinion

implying that one wouldn't be trans without having dysphoria their entire life, or implying that they would even need dysphoria at all, is not just "a differing opinion". it's transphobic. that's like saying the KKK just have differing opinions on the societal standing of poc.

Alder

Post by Alder » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:22 pm

deadlyAdder wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:14 pm
snip
I saw that you're 17 so I'm not gonna argue with you because I relate a lot to where you are in life and I don't think there's hope for having a conversation. It's good to feel passionate and stand for ideals, but if you get too trigger-happy, belligerent, or have knee-jerk reactions, you're inevitably just going to ostracize people from your point of view for the sake of feeling a sense of satisfaction from shutting someone down in an argument, which won't really help matters for people on either side of an issue. You have to know when to pick your battles and not presume ill intent in people just so you can have someone to argue against.

Seriously, I don't know if you're on Twitter or 4chan or w/e but I recommend you leave whatever spheres you're in teaching you to act this way. It's unironically really toxic.

Edit: Oh yeah, congrats on getting Huss to read your comic. Just saw that was you. I think?? Looks familiar to me.

classpectanon
Site Admin
Pronouns: They/It
Classpect: Sylph of Light

Post by classpectanon » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:28 pm

Mod Voice: Remember to keep all discourse respectful of your fellow members. If you can't engage in a discussion without needing to take pithy snipes at the other end, don't engage in that discussion.

If this continues to degenerate in argumentation I'm going to lock this thread.
I'm more easily reached at classpectanon#4228 on Discord. I will respond to reports faster there because PHPBB's notification system is borked and doesn't email me when you report things.

deadlyAdder

Post by deadlyAdder » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:30 pm

Alder wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:22 pm
deadlyAdder wrote:
snip
cut
1. lmao ok transphobe. what you're using is the classic "i don't want to be held responsible for my shitty toxic behaviour so i'll just say you're the one being toxic" trope. but the moderators are fed up with this bullshit now, so whatever.

2. huss as in andrew hussie?? as far as i'm aware he's never read any of my work.

Alder

Post by Alder » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:32 pm

deadlyAdder wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:30 pm
trim
I thought you were the one who found the toblerone? Must be confusing you for someone else.

deadlyAdder

Post by deadlyAdder » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:32 pm

Alder wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:32 pm
deadlyAdder wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:30 pm
trim
slice
haha, no.

rookie1978

Post by rookie1978 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:37 pm

deadlyAdder wrote:
Alder wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:09 pm
deadlyAdder wrote:
> Having a differing opinion

implying that one wouldn't be trans without having dysphoria their entire life, or implying that they would even need dysphoria at all, is not just "a differing opinion". it's transphobic. that's like saying the KKK just have differing opinions on the societal standing of poc.
did you just compare him to the KKK over a fictional character's gender identity? :lime:

Alder

Post by Alder » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:39 pm

rookie1978 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:37 pm
snop
I wouldn't, dude. Let's just let this shit die.

tajazzled
Classpect: maid of hope

Post by tajazzled » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:42 pm

classy put this thread out to pasture please. i dont like where this is going at all.

boqol

Post by boqol » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:45 pm

im reading this and the thread has just become some sort of argument between 2 or so individuals with no relevant opinions/discourse being had!!!
the way i see it is that mods are gonna hammer the thread sooner or later
robotaur

rookie1978

Post by rookie1978 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:46 pm

boqol wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:45 pm
im reading this and the thread has just become some sort of argument between 2 or so individuals with no relevant opinions/discourse being had!!!
don't talk about gender on the homestuck forums, noted for future reference :olliesouty: :olliesouty:

boqol

Post by boqol » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:48 pm

rookie1978 wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:46 pm
boqol wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:45 pm
don't talk about gender on the homestuck forums, noted for future reference :olliesouty: :olliesouty:
not referring to the gender discourse, moreso the crappy allegory and namecalling with no actual opinions relevant to the topic at hand present in some posts
robotaur

burnt2ashleys

Post by burnt2ashleys » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:42 pm

My two cents on this:
I understand the intention: They want to make Homestuck accessible and give the community some manner of authorial voice. That's noble! Homestuck started as something where the fandom was hands-on, on a forum where people were very hands on! That's good! But the execution... that kills it. It's in a separate site, dedicated solely to host the comic, as opposed to being in, I don't know, MSPFA? They could do that, come in contact with the community of people that actually make comics, get some feedback from the community.
This is what I would say if I were a naive little bitch, which I ain't. It only takes this thread to see that the majority of the fandom is quite hostile to whatever move that the creators make. Hiveswap? Too late! Go faster! Homestuck getting a conclusion? I don't like it! Delete it! Homestuck^2? It sucks! Stop! Make something better!
This is not to say, of course, that there isn't valid and useful criticism about any of the points I used! The Epilogues weren't bad (from what I read of them, and I shan't dare speak of that which I do not fully understand), Hiveswap is in the works, and Homestuck^2 could use some constructive criticism (tweak up the rooms and the sprites, change the art style to fit a different narrative)! However, we, as the community, must, invariably, learn how to portray ourselves in a non-hostile manner, that befits a collection of people who like something and who want a hand on it. Instead of tearing down that which we don't like, we have to build up that which we do like.
So, to conclude: Homestuck^2 definitely needs some polish, but I also believe that it deserves help. Help from us, the community. Help that can only come the moment we decide to not slander and harass the creators and actually try to help and create. Homestuck^2 shows a lot of promise! It has multiple, very good writers, Xamag (an artist whose skill I can't fully describe with my limited vocabulary) doing the art, and Andrew himself, of course, writing the outline. The future is made, not written, so let's make it good.

Post-scriptum: Before I get accused of siding with WP et alii on this, I'd like to state this: If they truly wanted the community to have a hand in creating Homestuck, then they should make Homestuck public domain.
Postquam-post-scriptum: Y'all talk about gender way too much, yo. :olliesouty:

furrylatula
Pronouns: he/him

Post by furrylatula » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:24 am

anyone in dis thread smoke [CHRISTIANITY]

(edit: sorry im californian i forgot)

in all seriousness though i somewhat doubt that dirk's insistence on Being The Villain is going to play out remotely the way he thinks it does. his intentions are inherently noble (to keep narrative relevance alive, to prevent the fanfictionesque nonsense of candy) and if they played his """"villainy"""" straight it would just be doing exactly what he wanted in the first place? no way he aint gonna have the underwear of his little scheme yanked firmly over his dumbass anime shades
did trans vriska real

Generalrabogolfo
Pronouns: El, el rabo
Classpect: bard of mind

Post by Generalrabogolfo » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:34 am

Holy fuck you guys need to relax with gender/sexuality discussion here wtf
:rosecool:

Nep
Pronouns: Any (Genderfluid)
Classpect: Rogue of Heart

Post by Nep » Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:55 am

This is kind of a Trainwreck of a thread. To be honest.

Maybe you dudes should cool down.
Forum's Certified Nep. :nepball: || Rogue of Heart