I'm afraid for HS^2

Discuss Pesterquest, Psycholonials, Homestuck^2, and other related works here!
classpectanon
Site Admin
Pronouns: They/It
Classpect: Sylph of Light
Moon: Derse

Re: I'm afraid for HS^2

Post by classpectanon » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:55 pm

You can't say you're not trying to beef with someone in the same sentence that you are beefing them, my man.
I'm more easily reached at classpectanon#4228 on Discord. I will respond to reports faster there because PHPBB's notification system is borked and doesn't email me when you report things.

Brandibee
Classpect: Mage of Breath

Post by Brandibee » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:49 pm

Joyfulldreams wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:55 pm
Had to respond to that tweet because this is the first thing that I thought of

stark

Post by stark » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:12 pm

calamityCons wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:10 pm
Unless the story of Homestuck2 decides not to focus on nonsensical teen drama and exhausting, pretentious canonicity wank and quits talking down to me so dang much, I won't be following it at all.
old, but this is it for me. i am so fucking tired of the constant self indulgent meta jokes. you have to build a fourth wall up first before you can break it, you cant just sit there smacking the pieces around.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:14 pm

stark wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:12 pm
calamityCons wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:10 pm
Unless the story of Homestuck2 decides not to focus on nonsensical teen drama and exhausting, pretentious canonicity wank and quits talking down to me so dang much, I won't be following it at all.
old, but this is it for me. i am so fucking tired of the constant self indulgent meta jokes. you have to build a fourth wall up first before you can break it, you cant just sit there smacking the pieces around.
they did build up the fourth wall in homestuck you see. this is that wall being torn down by the destruction of paradox space.

pfeffer-29
Pronouns: they/them
Classpect: Heir of Mind

Post by pfeffer-29 » Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:57 pm

thorondraco wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:14 pm
they did build up the fourth wall in homestuck you see. this is that wall being torn down by the destruction of paradox space.
????????
Since when has Homestuck ever had a fourth wall? It was narrated by user commands for several acts and several characters including the author himself spoke directly to the audience multiple times throughout the story. The fourth wall is the abstract barrier between the story and the audience. When a character talks directly to the audience, they break the fourth wall.

What Homestuck^2 is doing isn't even new. The writers are not destroying the fourth wall; they're attempting to deconstruct the concept of canon. I believe that they're doing a terrible job of it, but that doesn't mean they're not doing it.
you can pry karezi out of my cold dead hands

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Sun Feb 09, 2020 6:45 pm

pfeffer-29 wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:57 pm
thorondraco wrote:
Sun Feb 09, 2020 5:14 pm
????????
Since when has Homestuck ever had a fourth wall? It was narrated by user commands for several acts and several characters including the author himself spoke directly to the audience multiple times throughout the story. The fourth wall is the abstract barrier between the story and the audience. When a character talks directly to the audience, they break the fourth wall.

What Homestuck^2 is doing isn't even new. The writers are not destroying the fourth wall; they're attempting to deconstruct the concept of canon. I believe that they're doing a terrible job of it, but that doesn't mean they're not doing it.
Well literally the fourth wall is a mechanic in universe. Like hussie's fifth wall. Canon itself is in fact, an in universe mechanic too. More accurately they are using the deconstruction of the Canon mechanic of homestuck as a means of dissecting what canon in general means for a story.

What this means for Homestuck is that we are also dissecting the mysteries of paradox space while we are doing it.