Bonus update: A Threat, Sensed

Discuss Pesterquest, Psycholonials, Homestuck^2, and other related works here!
NAKNAKNAK
Moon: Derse

Bonus update: A Threat, Sensed

Post by NAKNAKNAK » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:38 pm

Few troubles actually getting the update to load. Think it might be because of when the update got posted and Patreon trying to process who is and isn't allowed it see it. Looks like Dirk got a quick peek into Candy and hard confirmed a few things with a retired author.

I really like when Ult! Dirk actually has to talk to and reason with someone like he has to do in Pesterquest, and can't just narrate his way to the outcome he wants. Certainly beats him self assuring himself and bludgeoning those around him with narrative control into agreeing with him. And for better or worse Yiffy is going to be a thing and seems to be a big enough concern to get Dirk worried.

And Yiffy has been hiding in Ms. Paint’s Home for Inconvenient Girls. baka
:professor: NAK NAK THERE IS A BUG ON MY SCREEN AND I CAN'T REACH IT TO SWAT IT AWAY WITH TINY ARMS NAK NAK NAK!!!

thorondraco

Re: Bonus update: A Threat, Sensed

Post by thorondraco » Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:46 pm

NAKNAKNAK wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 5:38 pm
Few troubles actually getting the update to load. Think it might be because of when the update got posted and Patreon trying to process who is and isn't allowed it see it. Looks like Dirk got a quick peek into Candy and hard confirmed a few things with a retired author.

I really like when Ult! Dirk actually has to talk to and reason with someone like he has to do in Pesterquest, and can't just narrate his way to the outcome he wants. Certainly beats him self assuring himself and bludgeoning those around him with narrative control into agreeing with him. And for better or worse Yiffy is going to be a thing and seems to be a big enough concern to get Dirk worried.

And Yiffy has been hiding in Ms. Paint’s Home for Inconvenient Girls. baka
i love that the ENTIRE update is basically dirk freaking out over yiffy in ways that everyone is flipping out about yiffy.
I wonder if it means hussie controls that world now... which is possible considering he got sucked into it.

It also implies that Yiffy is more powreful and important than we think.

These people are insane XD

Generalrabogolfo
Pronouns: El, el rabo
Classpect: bard of mind

Post by Generalrabogolfo » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:04 pm

wow. what a shitty update. also i dont get why dirk's being portraid as the villain by saying what most of the fanbase is saying? meh, this is no fun like yiffy, this is just booooooooooring metawankery
:rosecool:

Generalrabogolfo

Post by Generalrabogolfo » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:10 pm

also not to be a dick but all this update is kind of important in the big picture and, uh, its behind a paywall that they specifically said was only for plotlines without relevance? wtf?

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:26 pm

Generalrabogolfo wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:04 pm
wow. what a shitty update. also i dont get why dirk's being portraid as the villain by saying what most of the fanbase is saying? meh, this is no fun like yiffy, this is just booooooooooring metawankery
Well no he isn't be portrayed as a villain by saying it, he is just the peeps showing us that they know exa tly how stupid it is.
We and dirk agreed upon something at last.

But also showing there is more to Yiffy than this.

SteperOfTheLongEarth
Pronouns: He/him/his
Moon: Prospit

Post by SteperOfTheLongEarth » Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:21 pm

DIRK: You're retired old man.
AH: Oh am I?
DIRK: ...

I liked it. I want to know more about
Spoiler
Show
Miss Paint's Boarding School for Inconvenient Girls.
Completed:
>Terezi: Reminisce
Chapter 9-10 :candy:

Working on: Chapter 10 :pumpkin: :pleasant:

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:03 pm

SteperOfTheLongEarth wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:21 pm

Spoiler
Show
why do i have this weird vision in my head that the place is populated by evey fushia blood alive on earth c? Cause they are pretty inconvenient.

harmoniousCalamity
Pronouns: She/Her
Classpect: Lord Of Doom

Post by harmoniousCalamity » Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:37 pm

I can't read the bonus update, because I personally have decided to not fund them. However hearing through the grape vine that Dirk is worried about Yiffy is really hilarious to me. What's so haunting about this 15(?) year old human-dog teen?
HC: There are twelve main classes Muse, Seer, Knight, Witch, Rogue, Heir, Page, Thief, Mage, Prince, Bard, Maid, and Lord---
YN:[yeah dude. Sylphs are fucking gay.].
HC: Shut up!

BrobyDDark

Post by BrobyDDark » Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:48 pm

harmoniousCalamity wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 10:37 pm
I can't read the bonus update, because I personally have decided to not fund them. However hearing through the grape vine that Dirk is worried about Yiffy is really hilarious to me. What's so haunting about this 15(?) year old human-dog teen?
If I learned furries OCs truly existed, I'd be worried too. Anime OCs are one thing, but furry OCs? That's just cosmic horror.

harmoniousCalamity
Pronouns: She/Her
Classpect: Lord Of Doom

Post by harmoniousCalamity » Fri May 01, 2020 12:08 am

BrobyDDark wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:48 pm
If I learned furries OCs truly existed, I'd be worried too. Anime OCs are one thing, but furry OCs? That's just cosmic horror.
You know what? That's absolutely understandable.
HC: There are twelve main classes Muse, Seer, Knight, Witch, Rogue, Heir, Page, Thief, Mage, Prince, Bard, Maid, and Lord---
YN:[yeah dude. Sylphs are fucking gay.].
HC: Shut up!

overThinker
Pronouns: she/her
Classpect: Seer of Light

Post by overThinker » Fri May 01, 2020 12:21 am

Generalrabogolfo wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:10 pm
also not to be a dick but all this update is kind of important in the big picture and, uh, its behind a paywall that they specifically said was only for plotlines without relevance? wtf?
100% agree

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Fri May 01, 2020 12:22 am

Fri May 01, 2020 12:08 am
BrobyDDark wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:48 pm
You know what? That's absolutely understandable.
Ya should, they have largely been a side story. This time around though, they decided to make it a bit more serious.

Generalrabogolfo

Post by Generalrabogolfo » Fri May 01, 2020 3:56 am

SteperOfTheLongEarth wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:21 pm

Spoiler
Show
why did jade go to such extremes to have a baby just to send her to a boarding school anyway

Sahxyel

Post by Sahxyel » Fri May 01, 2020 7:05 am

Generalrabogolfo wrote:
Dirk is the villain and is saying the things that the bad fans are saying about Homestuck, this has been a thing since HS2 started and the villain of the Epilogues starts by saying he's returning the comic to its roots to be like Acts 1-5 of Homestuck. The context and veneer is as thin as a sheet of rice paper. Don't you get it? If you agree with Dirk you're the bad guy.

And all I can say to that is: sure. You know what? Fine. Fine. I'll embrace it!

:professor: Honeybee Professor Says: Problem Sleuth is better than Homestuck!

It's a mathematical fact!

Generalrabogolfo

Post by Generalrabogolfo » Fri May 01, 2020 7:07 am

Sahxyel wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 7:05 am
Generalrabogolfo wrote:
Dirk is the villain and is saying the things that the bad fans are saying about Homestuck, this has been a thing since HS2 started and the villain of the Epilogues starts by saying he's returning the comic to its roots to be like Acts 1-5 of Homestuck. The context and veneer is as thin as a sheet of rice paper. Don't you get it? If you agree with Dirk you're the bad guy.

we the bad guys

i cant believe my post 1000 is with THIS

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Fri May 01, 2020 12:15 pm

Sahxyel wrote:
Generalrabogolfo wrote:

For all of dirk's claim of being the antagonist of the story, there is something more going on here. Especially as dirk is the self proclaimed villain rather than the obvious one. Everyone seems to notice it.
So no this isn't dirk demonizing the fans for complaining and being confused. This is dirk basically saying something the fandom agrees with 101 percent and the peeps saying 'this is exactly the feeling we planned for, but have faith!'.

Everything that is ever homestuck was so stupid when it first came out, until it made sense.

ZingDev
Pronouns: Male

Post by ZingDev » Fri May 01, 2020 12:19 pm

thorondraco wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 12:15 pm
Sahxyel wrote:
Generalrabogolfo wrote:

For all of dirk's claim of being the antagonist of the story, there is something more going on here. Especially as dirk is the self proclaimed villain rather than the obvious one. Everyone seems to notice it.
So no this isn't dirk demonizing the fans for complaining and being confused. This is dirk basically saying something the fandom agrees with 101 percent and the peeps saying 'this is exactly the feeling we planned for, but have faith!'.

Everything that is ever homestuck was so stupid when it first came out, until it made sense.
but the fans don't think yiffy is stupid.

luigi
Pronouns: ?/?/?
Classpect: Not Plumber of Pipes

Post by luigi » Fri May 01, 2020 12:23 pm

Dirk also mentions offhandedly that he just got back from a spinoff game, meaning Pesterquest. I don't see young Dirk around so I'm going to assume he didn't literally take young D with him, but rather just assimilated him into the Ultimate Self. It's cool to see that they fit it into the timeline instead of leaving it ambiguous.

So is Hussie controlling Candy now? The last we saw of him physically he was giving thumbs down to LE near the black hole, now he's talking to Dirk through a computer.
spambot wrote:The passion amongst men is increasing.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Fri May 01, 2020 12:58 pm

luigi wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 12:23 pm
Dirk also mentions offhandedly that he just got back from a spinoff game, meaning Pesterquest. I don't see young Dirk around so I'm going to assume he didn't literally take young D with him, but rather just assimilated him into the Ultimate Self. It's cool to see that they fit it into the timeline instead of leaving it ambiguous.

So is Hussie controlling Candy now? The last we saw of him physically he was giving thumbs down to LE near the black hole, now he's talking to Dirk through a computer.
if all the other ghsots got sucked in? its possible. I don't think he is controlling it. I think that Calliope might have had some shit settup.. But it feels as if she isn't he one doing shit here.
Maybe it IS dirk himself and he is playing dumb atm. But it doesn't seem like its Calliope. WE know there are inconsistencies going on here and Calliope would be too meticulous for that. It could be the Director but does she have any influence here? Mysteries are afooooot and they are doing their own fucking thing right now.

Yea he directly referenced pesterquest (YAY!) but it doesn't mean he ate dirk or anything considering he physically took him with him somehow.... I think dirk has the power to project himself like how the kids did into dream bubbles maybe.
He could have young dirk elsewhere in that case. Set up for some other purpose.

Just had athought! Something caused Alt calliope to leave earlier in the timeline than she thought she did. Dirk established mindghost dirk when he peaked into it to continue seeing things in some capacity. Meaning the moment mindghost dirk appeared is around the time Calliope opened up the hole. But it means, again, something is afoof.

luigi
Pronouns: ?/?/?
Classpect: Not Plumber of Pipes

Post by luigi » Fri May 01, 2020 1:10 pm

thorondraco wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 12:58 pm
luigi wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 12:23 pm

if all the other ghsots got sucked in? its possible. I don't think he is controlling it. I think that Calliope might have had some shit settup.. But it feels as if she isn't he one doing shit here.
Maybe it IS dirk himself and he is playing dumb atm. But it doesn't seem like its Calliope. WE know there are inconsistencies going on here and Calliope would be too meticulous for that. It could be the Director but does she have any influence here? Mysteries are afooooot and they are doing their own fucking thing right now.

Yea he directly referenced pesterquest (YAY!) but it doesn't mean he ate dirk or anything considering he physically took him with him somehow.... I think dirk has the power to project himself like how the kids did into dream bubbles maybe.
He could have young dirk elsewhere in that case. Set up for some other purpose.

Just had athought! Something caused Alt calliope to leave earlier in the timeline than she thought she did. Dirk established mindghost dirk when he peaked into it to continue seeing things in some capacity. Meaning the moment mindghost dirk appeared is around the time Calliope opened up the hole. But it means, again, something is afoof.
Your theory about brain ghost Dirk makes sense on one hand, but on the other I'm pretty sure Brain Ghost Dirk is just Jake's projection of his idealized version of Dirk isn't it? And why would he put one in the Meat Timeline if he already has influence there?
spambot wrote:The passion amongst men is increasing.