Bonus update: A Threat, Sensed

Discuss Pesterquest, Psycholonials, Homestuck^2, and other related works here!
thorondraco

Re: Bonus update: A Threat, Sensed

Post by thorondraco » Fri May 01, 2020 1:23 pm

luigi wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 1:10 pm
thorondraco wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 12:58 pm
luigi wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 12:23 pm
Dirk also mentions offhandedly that he just got back from a spinoff game, meaning Pesterquest. I don't see young Dirk around so I'm going to assume he didn't literally take young D with him, but rather just assimilated him into the Ultimate Self. It's cool to see that they fit it into the timeline instead of leaving it ambiguous.

So is Hussie controlling Candy now? The last we saw of him physically he was giving thumbs down to LE near the black hole, now he's talking to Dirk through a computer.
if all the other ghsots got sucked in? its possible. I don't think he is controlling it. I think that Calliope might have had some shit settup.. But it feels as if she isn't he one doing shit here.
Maybe it IS dirk himself and he is playing dumb atm. But it doesn't seem like its Calliope. WE know there are inconsistencies going on here and Calliope would be too meticulous for that. It could be the Director but does she have any influence here? Mysteries are afooooot and they are doing their own fucking thing right now.

Yea he directly referenced pesterquest (YAY!) but it doesn't mean he ate dirk or anything considering he physically took him with him somehow.... I think dirk has the power to project himself like how the kids did into dream bubbles maybe.
He could have young dirk elsewhere in that case. Set up for some other purpose.

Just had athought! Something caused Alt calliope to leave earlier in the timeline than she thought she did. Dirk established mindghost dirk when he peaked into it to continue seeing things in some capacity. Meaning the moment mindghost dirk appeared is around the time Calliope opened up the hole. But it means, again, something is afoof.
Your theory about brain ghost Dirk makes sense on one hand, but on the other I'm pretty sure Brain Ghost Dirk is just Jake's projection of his idealized version of Dirk isn't it? And why would he put one in the Meat Timeline if he already has influence there?
Brainghost dirk DID become a real dirk at one point. And of course we have signs of the powers of these characters manifesting in odd ways before the games and before they become gods. Dirk was constantly tearing his own soul to pieces nad putting it into other things. Its how he created the glasses, most of his robots. It is super possible that he accidentally shoved a splinter of himself into Jake which mixed into part of Jake's mind and dirk's mind.
The brainghost in candy DID say some very pure dirk things didn't he?

It could be the one in meat is a result of either some kind of ultimate self link whatever happening between the two incarnations of jake. That or Dirk is just covering ALL the bases.

eldomtom2
Pronouns: fuck off

Post by eldomtom2 » Fri May 01, 2020 2:54 pm

luigi wrote:
I don't see young Dirk around so I'm going to assume he didn't literally take young D with him, but rather just assimilated him into the Ultimate Self.
I thought we stopped him from doing that.

luigi
Pronouns: ?/?/?
Classpect: Not Plumber of Pipes

Post by luigi » Fri May 01, 2020 3:13 pm

eldomtom2 wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 2:54 pm
luigi wrote:
I don't see young Dirk around so I'm going to assume he didn't literally take young D with him, but rather just assimilated him into the Ultimate Self.
It's a branching path. In the one where he doesn't steal Lil Dirk, Big Dirk comments that it's fine because it was inevitable he'd choose to stay in at least one timeline. Big Dirk basically lives through both branches at the same time and has awareness of both, where he takes Lil Dirk and where Lil Dirk stays (ultimately to end up in the Locked Timeline).
spambot wrote:The passion amongst men is increasing.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Fri May 01, 2020 3:26 pm

luigi wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 3:13 pm
eldomtom2 wrote:
luigi wrote:
It's a branching path. In the one where he doesn't steal Lil Dirk, Big Dirk comments that it's fine because it was inevitable he'd choose to stay in at least one timeline. Big Dirk basically lives through both branches at the same time and has awareness of both, where he takes Lil Dirk and where Lil Dirk stays (ultimately to end up in the Locked Timeline).
Its his lost because the Reader made that one moment the canon moment.
Gotta wonder where that lildirk is now. Iiiii am pretty sure he didn't bring him directly home because then he would have t oexplain to rose where the fuck this copy of dirk but younger came from.
He is 10000% keeping things secret from her cause he has shown us abilities that she far from has. Like, she has awareness ofthe narrative but not apparent control of it, let alone awareness she is being controlled. Let alone teleporting her soul or something and snatching up young versions of herself.

luigi

Post by luigi » Fri May 01, 2020 3:36 pm

thorondraco wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 3:26 pm
luigi wrote:
eldomtom2 wrote:

Gotta wonder where that lildirk is now. Iiiii am pretty sure he didn't bring him directly home because then he would have t oexplain to rose where the fuck this copy of dirk but younger came from.
He is 10000% keeping things secret from her cause he has shown us abilities that she far from has. Like, she has awareness ofthe narrative but not apparent control of it, let alone awareness she is being controlled. Let alone teleporting her soul or something and snatching up young versions of herself.
Both moments are canon. Every single thing shown across all the Friendsim and Pesterquest timelines is canon and happened. Canon =/= alpha timeline. The Reader even gets his memories of all those offshoot timelines back at some point iirc (I forget when). And on top of that Big Dirk even says before leaving that he knew this was a branching path and that one version of Lil Dirk would stay behind but that it doesn't matter to him because that Lil Dirk will go on to not matter while the other Lil Dirk became part of Big Dirk.

I'm like 99% sure that the Lil Dirk being assimilated was a metaphysical thing and his body doesn't exist anymore - he's just another fold in the orange matter that is Big Dirk's Big Boy Big Brain, but until we get confirmation on what actually transpired there it's pretty much up to interpretation.

luigi

Post by luigi » Fri May 01, 2020 5:46 pm

I noticed a typo that absolutely demolishes the integrity of this bonus update:

"Of course there is. Even utter chaos operates within parameters. A hurricane can destroy your house but it can’t set it on fire ."

Notice the space between fire and the period.

Unforgivable.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Fri May 01, 2020 6:06 pm

luigi wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 3:36 pm
thorondraco wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 3:26 pm
luigi wrote:

Both moments are canon. Every single thing shown across all the Friendsim and Pesterquest timelines is canon and happened. Canon =/= alpha timeline. The Reader even gets his memories of all those offshoot timelines back at some point iirc (I forget when). And on top of that Big Dirk even says before leaving that he knew this was a branching path and that one version of Lil Dirk would stay behind but that it doesn't matter to him because that Lil Dirk will go on to not matter while the other Lil Dirk became part of Big Dirk.

I'm like 99% sure that the Lil Dirk being assimilated was a metaphysical thing and his body doesn't exist anymore - he's just another fold in the orange matter that is Big Dirk's Big Boy Big Brain, but until we get confirmation on what actually transpired there it's pretty much up to interpretation.
If that was the case he would have killed him i think, rather than transported him. I think the primary rule here is that its your dead selves you pull in?
Also i looked up the thing online. I have the game but i didn't want to waste time loading it again. AT that end he says 'i have to know' and they leave. However the sprites look like they merge but i think that was the effect they used to show them leaving.

In the true ending the young dirk there says 'be good to that me' basically, with ult dirk saying 'as good as he wants me to' or something along those lines. Meaning that dirk is around somewhere too. He probably decided to take advantage of all this nonsense for his own means.
Fuck the suddenness of Dirk's return for his younger self is suspicious... What if in terms of events, dirk went back there because he learned about Yiffy?

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Fri May 01, 2020 7:10 pm

OKAY SUDDEN THOUGHT

What if it turns out that that WASN'T hussie and it is in fact the Director playing mindgames with Dirk? Cause last we saw him he was locked in the wolf room.

rookie1978
Pronouns: any & all
Classpect: Lord of Rage
Moon: Prospit

Post by rookie1978 » Fri May 01, 2020 7:11 pm

Another episode of 'dirk parrots things the writers haters say so he can paint himself as an even bigger villain for disagreeing with them'. Dirk's not even the bad guy anymore, man, he keeps trying to be but Hussie is the biggest villain Homestuck has ever known.

luigi

Post by luigi » Fri May 01, 2020 7:21 pm

thorondraco wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 7:10 pm
OKAY SUDDEN THOUGHT

What if it turns out that that WASN'T hussie and it is in fact the Director playing mindgames with Dirk? Cause last we saw him he was locked in the wolf room.
I thought that part was happening non linearly, and we were seeing why how Hussie was initially locked in the wolf head room. During Act 5 Act 2 he describes someone shoving him in there or something along those lines so I thought this was showing us that moment. Which would mean the Director's technically been around for a long time.

I checked he says he was chased into an attic by bullies during A5A1. Interesting to note that right after this the MSPAReader can be seen viewing this event in the land of stumps and dismay, watching Hussie moments after his past/future self saw him. Actually where DOES losad fit into the MSPAR timeline? Was that all before they stole the rocket ship?

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Fri May 01, 2020 7:53 pm

luigi wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 7:21 pm
thorondraco wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 7:10 pm
OKAY SUDDEN THOUGHT

I thought that part was happening non linearly, and we were seeing why how Hussie was initially locked in the wolf head room. During Act 5 Act 2 he describes someone shoving him in there or something along those lines so I thought this was showing us that moment. Which would mean the Director's technically been around for a long time.

I checked he says he was chased into an attic by bullies during A5A1. Interesting to note that right after this the MSPAReader can be seen viewing this event in the land of stumps and dismay, watching Hussie moments after his past/future self saw him. Actually where DOES losad fit into the MSPAR timeline? Was that all before they stole the rocket ship?
That is presuming its the same mspa reader as the visual novel one. In fact the evidence is to contrary considering where that mspa reader viewed homestuck. Litreally in the world of homestuck itself XD.

IKts soooooooooo weird.

RoyalFiddle
Classpect: Mage of Time

Post by RoyalFiddle » Fri May 01, 2020 8:13 pm

What. Dude there is literally no indication that the MSPA Reader is multiple people in comic
ROS3S 4R3 BL4CK
V1OL3TS 4R3 BL4CK
3V3RYTH1NG 1S BL4CK
1M BL1ND
>:]

luigi

Post by luigi » Fri May 01, 2020 8:30 pm

RoyalFiddle wrote:
Fri May 01, 2020 8:13 pm
What. Dude there is literally no indication that the MSPA Reader is multiple people in comic
Here's my timeline.
Spoiler
Show
The jailbreak guy with the spells on him eventually got bored / wished for a computer. He becomes the MSPAReader with his playthrough of Bard Quest.

That game is boring so he instead plays Problem Sleuth. It's really hard, he cheats and resorts to walkthroughs, but in the end wins.

Then he reads through Homestuck. It's great. But then it's over. All his friends are gone and he's back to being alone in LOSAD. So he goes off to steal a rocket ship of course. During his travels is when Doc Scratch grabs him in his narrative and sends him to Alternia with little to no memory of his past life (including all knowledge of Homestuck).

The Friendsim happens, at the end of which MSPAReader reads through all of Homestuck for the first time again, and then the Epilogues this time. All that shit happens where they get upset and fall into Pesterquest, Pesterquest occurs, locked Timeline... and now presumbaly MSPAR is watching over the happy kids in that timeline while observing (aka reading) Homestuck^2.

Jailbreak
Bard Quest
Homestuck
Friendsim
Homestuck again for the first time
Homestuck Epilogues
Pesterquest
Homestuck^2

RoyalFiddle
Classpect: Mage of Time

Post by RoyalFiddle » Fri May 01, 2020 9:12 pm

That's honestly a really interesting timeline, I really appreciate it
ROS3S 4R3 BL4CK
V1OL3TS 4R3 BL4CK
3V3RYTH1NG 1S BL4CK
1M BL1ND
>:]

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Fri May 01, 2020 10:03 pm

Suddenly a theory about WHY dirk is scared of yiffy appeared.

Perhaps Yiffy is mary sue coded. If you think about it, the most powerful character in hoemstuck are mary sue coded.
Jade is in many ways a mary sue in terms of her competence. She is almsot always right, has foresight, a tragic backstory, and gets the best powers and is super smart and stuff.
Dirk is a hyper intellgient, combat competent individual with potent multitasking skills, has the power to literally tear souls out, and at this time is the only person who has the ful access to the ultimate self powers.
Rose displays somewhat sue like traits too.
Vriska sometimes drifts into sueish beahvior, and so does meenah, but they both are self destructive, bringing down what they gain.
Doc scratch is a major villain sue though sometimes it seems less about being super competent and simply knowing the script ahead of time.

Caliborn himself is a villain sue, as he never gives up, always wins, and the narrative bent over backwards to appeal to him and make him win. Lord english is the PUREST sue of them all as he lsoes all traits of personality. He is unkillable, the world literall yrevolves around him, has the best powers, and can kill people who should be unkillable like himself. The ONLY thing that can kill him is the white sword of DAve's, but seemingly even then he simply has another version of himself take the blow.
Lord egnlish is su much a sue it takes destroying the very fabric of paradox space and the furthest ring to overcome his sueness.

If Yiffy is a Sue type like Dirk and like her mothers, she could be a legitimate threat to his plans. Of course being a sue doesn't prevent you from being fucked by the narrative. But the issue is he isn't the only person with power over the narrative, so he can't hamper Yiffy properly like Hussie did to jade.

Of course we already know there is a force far more powerful than even the Sue. The udnerdog. The power of Character development. The likes of karkat and jake, whom have enormous potential. Jake overpowered Jade, a mary sue who had the power over the green son, when he had the scars of his mind healed.

luigi

Post by luigi » Fri May 01, 2020 11:18 pm

If Jake had parents he'd be a green son. :D