Yiffy been a thing since 2018

Discuss Pesterquest, Psycholonials, Homestuck^2, and other related works here!
RoyalFiddle
Classpect: Mage of Time
Moon: Prospit

Re: Yiffy been a thing since 2018

Post by RoyalFiddle » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:48 pm

In a battle of irony, nobody wins
ROS3S 4R3 BL4CK
V1OL3TS 4R3 BL4CK
3V3RYTH1NG 1S BL4CK
1M BL1ND
>:]

melonLord
Pronouns: she/her
Moon: Derse

Post by melonLord » Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:12 pm

seeing as we haven't even met the kid yet, much less had a chance to delve into the interpersonal consequences of this, i'm gonna hold judgement on whether yiffy is "just" a furry joke character.

this whole situation is an absurd joke, obviously, but one thing homestuck's been consistently good at is making absurd jokes into fully realized stone-cold-serious plot points and character arcs

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:45 pm

melonLord wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:12 pm
seeing as we haven't even met the kid yet, much less had a chance to delve into the interpersonal consequences of this, i'm gonna hold judgement on whether yiffy is "just" a furry joke character.

this whole situation is an absurd joke, obviously, but one thing homestuck's been consistently good at is making absurd jokes into fully realized stone-cold-serious plot points and character arcs
Absolutely. And she has hooks for that kinda stuff from the start with her parents and her life.
I really want to know her design... and then i want pesterquest type srites of all these characters.

I will say that rose and jade are still better parents than Bro and Jake english. WE gotta give em that. They might have hid her like a dirty secret but they cared for her and were like, there actually.
To be fair to that incarnation of jake, and for his time with jade, he WAS killed off quite blatantly.

And yea absurd shit happens all the damn time in homestuck! Why is everyone acting all up in arms to this? Its not like Yiffy is gonna vanish into the void or some shit, she is fourth character here. The patreon seems to have lost a handful of patrons atm. They could come back of course and or get more peeps willing to sign up, but that is slightly worrying if their reasons for leaving are because Homestuck^2 is actually doing something and did something absurd as homestuck should be.

ZingDev
Pronouns: Male

Post by ZingDev » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:27 pm

thorondraco wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:45 pm
melonLord wrote:

Absolutely. And she has hooks for that kinda stuff from the start with her parents and her life.
I really want to know her design... and then i want pesterquest type srites of all these characters.

I will say that rose and jade are still better parents than Bro and Jake english. WE gotta give em that. They might have hid her like a dirty secret but they cared for her and were like, there actually.
To be fair to that incarnation of jake, and for his time with jade, he WAS killed off quite blatantly.

And yea absurd shit happens all the damn time in homestuck! Why is everyone acting all up in arms to this? Its not like Yiffy is gonna vanish into the void or some shit, she is fourth character here. The patreon seems to have lost a handful of patrons atm. They could come back of course and or get more peeps willing to sign up, but that is slightly worrying if their reasons for leaving are because Homestuck^2 is actually doing something and did something absurd as homestuck should be.
jake english was there for tavros.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:23 pm

ZingDev wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:27 pm
thorondraco wrote:
melonLord wrote:

oh fuck i meant Harley... jake english can be a bit of a dick but Jake harley was a goddamn asshoe.

Mandy
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Mandy » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:17 am

thorondraco wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:23 pm
ZingDev wrote:
thorondraco wrote:

oh fuck i meant Harley... jake english can be a bit of a dick but Jake harley was a goddamn asshoe.
Jake Harley was dead most of Jade's life. Can't really blame him for not being there for her when he was literally a decorative piece. You could say the same about Jane Egbert.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:30 am

Mandy wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 2:17 am
thorondraco wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:23 pm
ZingDev wrote:

Jake Harley was dead most of Jade's life. Can't really blame him for not being there for her when he was literally a decorative piece. You could say the same about Jane Egbert.
HE was an asshole to a lot of his many other families. Leaving them behind and all.

Generalrabogolfo
Pronouns: El, el rabo
Classpect: bard of mind

Post by Generalrabogolfo » Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:00 am

Shitpost Lizard wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:29 pm
I don't care if it was planned it advance. It's still dumb.

Jade is a major character. Rose is a major character.
You think their daughter would be regarded a little bit more respectfully than that, but "She's a furry sex joke, because Jade has a dog penis. Lolol."

It would be like Gamzee getting a child and naming it "420".
But at least Gamzee has the actual benefit in that situation of being a joke character to begin with.

Or if Rose and Kanaya had a kid named "TLDR" or "Lesbians" or something.
ngl rose naming her kid TLDR would be one of the best things this comic could pull off
:rosecool:

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:35 pm

Generalrabogolfo wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 3:00 am
Shitpost Lizard wrote:

You think their daughter would be regarded a little bit more respectfully than that, but "She's a furry sex joke, because Jade has a dog penis. Lolol."

But at least Gamzee has the actual benefit in that situation of being a joke character to begin with.

ngl rose naming her kid TLDR would be one of the best things this comic could pull off
Who wants to bet that she would have tried to call Vrissy that if Kanaya wasn't hellbent on calling her Vriska?
Kanaya saved her daughter from that.

magnanimousLad

Post by magnanimousLad » Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:23 pm

Shitpost Lizard wrote:

ROSE: Me and Jade had a child behind your back and we've been raising it in secret for the past fifteen years.
KANAYA: What.
ROSE: We named it Fuck.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:24 pm

magnanimousLad wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:23 pm
Shitpost Lizard wrote:

ROSE: Me and Jade had a child behind your back and we've been raising it in secret for the past fifteen years.
For some reason i iamgine Karkat would name a kid Fuck.

BrobyDDark

Post by BrobyDDark » Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:19 pm

thorondraco wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:24 pm
magnanimousLad wrote:
Shitpost Lizard wrote:

Fukass Vantas is a valid troll name.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:05 pm

BrobyDDark wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:19 pm
thorondraco wrote:
magnanimousLad wrote:

[/b]
..... I wonder if we would have had this kinda reaction if the kid was a troll that was born from Meenah and Karkat and his or her name was Fukass?

Generalrabogolfo

Post by Generalrabogolfo » Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:39 am

thorondraco wrote:
Wed Apr 29, 2020 10:05 pm
BrobyDDark wrote:
thorondraco wrote:

..... I wonder if we would have had this kinda reaction if the kid was a troll that was born from Meenah and Karkat and his or her name was Fukass?
only if meenah fucked dave behind his back and made dave pregnant with the baby

BrobyDDark

Post by BrobyDDark » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:48 am

Generalrabogolfo wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 2:39 am
thorondraco wrote:
BrobyDDark wrote:

That may actually make up for how terrible the Candy timeline is. Just going balls to the walls with the fanfic-tier bullshit.

Generalrabogolfo

Post by Generalrabogolfo » Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:57 am

BrobyDDark wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:48 am
Generalrabogolfo wrote:
thorondraco wrote:

That may actually make up for how terrible the Candy timeline is. Just going balls to the walls with the fanfic-tier bullshit.
>the first real [s] of h^2 is a shitty edit of The Baby Is You
id pay for this. a lot.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:12 pm

Generalrabogolfo wrote:
thorondraco wrote:
BrobyDDark wrote:

........ we can at least agree they aren't completely ignoring physiology. A little bit, a little, but not to that degree.

Also OBVIOUSLY he would call the child fukass because it would likely be a rather painful process doing the bucket fucking with meenah. Super strong and very aggressive lady there man.
It is honestly my theory that karkat actually lost his eyes to meenah during a fucksession XD. Also she is half very sorry cause she didn't want tohurt him like that, and half glad cause the eyepath looks good on him.

overThinker
Pronouns: she/her
Classpect: Seer of Light

Post by overThinker » Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:17 pm

Generalrabogolfo wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:57 am
BrobyDDark wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 3:48 am
Generalrabogolfo wrote:

>the first real [s] of h^2 is a shitty edit of The Baby Is You
id pay for this. a lot.
i'm honestly surprised that there haven't been any references to it yet