Yiffy been a thing since 2018

Discuss Pesterquest, Psycholonials, Homestuck^2, and other related works here!
thorondraco

Yiffy been a thing since 2018

Post by thorondraco » Tue Apr 28, 2020 1:53 pm

So yiffy has been a thing for a while, meaning that there was some thought and planning to the existence of homestuck^2 since then. If i am not mistaken andrew tried to get funding for it but viz was like 'fuck you' so we got the patreon instead. Hussie had homestuck^2 planned out before the epilogues were released.

As a newer guy to homestuck who just read it within the last two years and got into this fandom. imma say that i ain't bothered at all, cause while there is without question iffy aspects to what these characters did, Compared to the WTF i got from the trolls whole reproduction deal XD.
The aliens barrier was not enough to protect my fragile psyche from that onslaught. Especially with that dirtymotherfucker played it TWICE. But my pscyhe recovered, and in time it became normalized, the alien barrier set up again.

Yiffy is nothing compared ot that. And i trust hussie and his minions to do this shit right.

At the very least they aren't under any delusions at all that this is anything but total insanity.

luigi
Pronouns: ?/?/?
Classpect: Not Plumber of Pipes

Re: Yiffy been a thing since 2018

Post by luigi » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:16 pm

At the risk of coming off cynical... we're really just taking these people at their word? They're probably aware of the fact that the fanbase gives Hussie more leeway (which isn't something I agree with doing, but I digress) so it's entirely possible that whenever they write something the fans don't like they'll just say "Oh Hussie wanted this."

You can also use the excuse oh we planned this in advance to deflect criticisms of ass pulls.
spambot wrote:The passion amongst men is increasing.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:39 pm

luigi wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:16 pm
At the risk of coming off cynical... we're really just taking these people at their word? They're probably aware of the fact that the fanbase gives Hussie more leeway (which isn't something I agree with doing, but I digress) so it's entirely possible that whenever they write something the fans don't like they'll just say "Oh Hussie wanted this."

You can also use the excuse oh we planned this in advance to deflect criticisms of ass pulls.
That is basically going into conspiracy territory at this point dude.
And even then i am pretty sure Hussie wouldn't tolerate that. No one is gonna take using their name to justify something they don't agree with. We would be getting shit like 'i never said that' and such.
Let's not forget the fact that they are HIS EMPLOYEES. So if they are making up lies bout him they are gonna get fired.

Think people are tolerant of his insanity because he has mostly always found a way to make it work out.

luigi

Post by luigi » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:56 pm

Relax I'm just playing devils advocate.

I never said Hussie couldn't be in on the conspiracy though - he could have said just invoke my name whenever they don't like the story developments and they'll come around.

And surprisingly it's working (on the sheep farm I mean reddit). The first few hours after the update everyone was hating on it now everyone has confidence it's part of a greater narrative because Hussie wrote it.

classpectanon
Site Admin
Pronouns: They/It
Classpect: Sylph of Light
Moon: Derse

Post by classpectanon » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:30 pm

Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 4.13.24 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 4.13.24 PM.png (75.02 KiB) Viewed 13743 times
this would fall under "ascribing intent to their actions". keep the conspiracy theories to the discord chatrooms.
I'm more easily reached at classpectanon#4228 on Discord. I will respond to reports faster there because PHPBB's notification system is borked and doesn't email me when you report things.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:41 pm

luigi wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:56 pm
Relax I'm just playing devils advocate.

I never said Hussie couldn't be in on the conspiracy though - he could have said just invoke my name whenever they don't like the story developments and they'll come around.

And surprisingly it's working (on the sheep farm I mean reddit). The first few hours after the update everyone was hating on it now everyone has confidence it's part of a greater narrative because Hussie wrote it.
Twitter is just a hive of scum and villainy honestly. Half the time the reasoning i have read there are ridiculous.

I think its less that 'hussie did it' and more that they lack confidence in the decisions of the whatpumpkin minions. while hussie himself has proven he can make inane shit work. Think that is the biggest and most consistent worry. We know insane shit is coming, so can the whatpumpkin minions pull it off?

I do think that people are completely overlooking that the characters in universe think it is a terrible name and the people who gave her the name feel bad about it/utterly embarrassed. Names are super important in universe and seemingly they can't be changed so easily.

If no one reacted to the name Yiffy it would have been a different story and i would say its contrived in that regard, cause who could be totall yokay with a name like yiffy?

Then again maybe yiffy herself is proud of her weird name and doesn't care about its connotations. Who are we to judge if Yiffy is happy with her weird name? Least it isn't something boring like jane, or samantha!
Oh my god that is totally gonna be a line the moment she appears on screen, isn't it?

But yea its hard to say how much of the outrage is legitimate criticism, unfair reactions and comparisons to the old product, or simply petty anger.

Might also be cabin fever stuff too cause of the lockdowns and social isolation stuff too.

foreverFlummoxed
Pronouns: Call me w/e, idgaf
Classpect: Rogue of Light
Moon: Prospit

Post by foreverFlummoxed » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:05 pm

thorondraco wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:41 pm
I think its less that 'hussie did it' and more that they lack confidence in the decisions of the whatpumpkin minions. while hussie himself has proven he can make inane shit work. Think that is the biggest and most consistent worry. We know insane shit is coming, so can the whatpumpkin minions pull it off?

This is exactly what you are supposed to NOT do, don't continue in this manner.

luigi

Post by luigi » Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:37 pm

foreverFlummoxed wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:05 pm
thorondraco wrote:

Holy shit dude he wasn't even saying he believed that he was repeating the sentiments of the observed twitter crowd at large. You gotta relax jfc. Would you be typing in angry red still if he had put it in quotation marks or something? Speaking of which that's the funniest way I've seen someone try to act powerful on the internet. Hey check it out now I'm a big serious guy too :^)

Generalrabogolfo
Pronouns: El, el rabo
Classpect: bard of mind

Post by Generalrabogolfo » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:00 pm

that checks since it gives a reason for rose lactating so unless this is a retcon it was actually foreshadowed
:rosecool:

luigi

Post by luigi » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:02 pm

Generalrabogolfo wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:00 pm
that checks since it gives a reason for rose lactating so unless this is a retcon it was actually foreshadowed
Yeah there's that entire scene where she's at Jake's place and he's pulling a John, unable to recognize why she can't be a mother.

Like I literally never said I actually believe they didn't plan this or whatever I'm just saying with WP's track record I wouldn't even be surprised.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:12 pm

foreverFlummoxed wrote:
thorondraco wrote:

I am just speculating on why so many people are having a negative reaction to it when in my point of view, its far from the worse thing ot happen in homestuck. maybe i am just newer and the madness is all in my head still

also i meant the minions thing as a term of endearment. Cause what is hussie but the dreadlord of the land of memes and irony?

luigi

Post by luigi » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:13 pm

thorondraco wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:12 pm
foreverFlummoxed wrote:
thorondraco wrote:

I am just speculating on why so many people are having a negative reaction to it when in my point of view, its far from the worse thing ot happen in homestuck. maybe i am just newer and the madness is all in my head still

also i meant the minions thing as a term of endearment. Cause what is hussie but the dreadlord of the land of memes and irony?
You shouldn't have to justify yourself it's not your fault ff is just sensitive sometimes

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:14 pm

luigi wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:37 pm
foreverFlummoxed wrote:
thorondraco wrote:

Holy shit dude he wasn't even saying he believed that he was repeating the sentiments of the observed twitter crowd at large. You gotta relax jfc. Would you be typing in angry red still if he had put it in quotation marks or something? Speaking of which that's the funniest way I've seen someone try to act powerful on the internet. Hey check it out now I'm a big serious guy too :^)
Ummm they are the admin of this part of the forums <_<
they are jsut trying to keep the peace.

luigi

Post by luigi » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:14 pm

thorondraco wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:14 pm
luigi wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:37 pm
foreverFlummoxed wrote:

Ummm they are the admin of this part of the forums <_<
they are jsut trying to keep the peace.
We were being peaceful tho they just disagree with what we're saying

RoyalFiddle
Classpect: Mage of Time

Post by RoyalFiddle » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:18 pm

Dude, no they aren't. Your posts are wildly inflammatory and you've been warned by multiple people to cut that shit out.
ROS3S 4R3 BL4CK
V1OL3TS 4R3 BL4CK
3V3RYTH1NG 1S BL4CK
1M BL1ND
>:]

Shaddytheguy
Pronouns: he/him
Classpect: Mage of Blood

Post by Shaddytheguy » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:47 pm

We're allowed to think the writing decisions made were bad. I don't see why it always has to be bigger than that. I've only been in this fandom about a year and a half but I constantly see this frenetic addiction to attribute intent or meaning to the writers' decisions beyond them wanting that to be the story. It's certainly not what I want for Homestuck, and I don't think I'd be wrong to say a majority of the fandom has some issues with it, but this recurring melodramatic narrative of "it was written out of spite" or "the other writers BULLIED Hussie into making his story bad" or "they hate the fans!" is tiring.

RoyalFiddle
Classpect: Mage of Time

Post by RoyalFiddle » Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:56 pm

Yeah we all kind of agree, that's why ascribing intent is one of the big no-nos in the rules, and always has been. It's okay to hate the story, it's not okay to get conspiratorial about it and shittalk the people that write it
ROS3S 4R3 BL4CK
V1OL3TS 4R3 BL4CK
3V3RYTH1NG 1S BL4CK
1M BL1ND
>:]

aretrapsgay

Post by aretrapsgay » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:35 pm

Shaddytheguy wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:47 pm
We're allowed to think the writing decisions made were bad. I don't see why it always has to be bigger than that. I've only been in this fandom about a year and a half but I constantly see this frenetic addiction to attribute intent or meaning to the writers' decisions beyond them wanting that to be the story. It's certainly not what I want for Homestuck, and I don't think I'd be wrong to say a majority of the fandom has some issues with it, but this recurring melodramatic narrative of "it was written out of spite" or "the other writers BULLIED Hussie into making his story bad" or "they hate the fans!" is tiring.
No one ever said any of that though that's not what the discussion was about you guys are deliberately missing the point to shit on people who dont like the direction this comic is taking.

Shaddytheguy
Pronouns: he/him
Classpect: Mage of Blood

Post by Shaddytheguy » Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:49 pm

Uh, no, this bit of discourse literally started with people theorizing that the writers are just lying about what stuff is and isn't Hussie's ideas, which is exactly like the weird conspiracy shit I mentioned. Also, I literally said IN THE PASSAGE YOU QUOTED that I'm not a fan of this stuff. Why would you think I'm trying to shut down people who agree with me? The issue here is with presentation and people attributing a writing decision they don't like to some sort of grand drama happening behind the scenes.

Like I said, it's just not all that good. We don't have to make it bigger than that. I think when people (mostly overreacting redditors) claim the authors "can't take criticism", it's because they're doing exactly what you're doing: stating that a theory about the authors' personal lives is the reason for this part of the comic being bad, and therefore that theory not being true is the same as denying you your right to an opinion. And frankly, it's ridiculous.

Shitpost Lizard
Pronouns: fuck/fucker/fuckface
Classpect: Maid of Hope

Post by Shitpost Lizard » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:29 pm

I don't care if it was planned it advance. It's still dumb.

Jade is a major character. Rose is a major character.
You think their daughter would be regarded a little bit more respectfully than that, but "She's a furry sex joke, because Jade has a dog penis. Lolol."

It would be like Gamzee getting a child and naming it "420".
But at least Gamzee has the actual benefit in that situation of being a joke character to begin with.

Or if Rose and Kanaya had a kid named "TLDR" or "Lesbians" or something.
Caliborn Did Nothing Wrong
|Taurrius|
SL: Get drunk and contemplate where you fucked up in life.

[I draw stuff.]