I think that the planet Dirk is on is the Cherub planet.

Discuss Pesterquest, Psycholonials, Homestuck^2, and other related works here!
thorondraco

I think that the planet Dirk is on is the Cherub planet.

Post by thorondraco » Sat Apr 25, 2020 1:33 pm

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/msp ... 0125132405

For starters it is a planet that is mostly water. Which, as presumably horror terrors are from this planet too, helps in that regard. Another, it kinda fills in a few missing pieces. Legendary weapons and such, could be that it is a loop where the weapons are based on the weapons wielded by the creators of the universe, while it is wielded by some individuals on planet.
Also it helps tie it into this theoretical loop. It is likely that Jane in her candy high flies into this whole ordeal and helps seed the planet with lifeforce so it can flourish..... Sugary, goofy life force XD.
Course we don't Entirely know what is going on here. Were the homestuck players ever meant to have any influence outside of that brief moment? Is Dirk hijacking this for other plans?

Thing is, though we all presume both Cherub and horror terrors originate from this planet, it is known that Cherubs are never meant to play sburb, ever. Its why when caliborn plays so much shit gets fucked. Cherubs are inherently powerful creatures with a preexisting connection reality itself. But why do they also originate from this planet?
I think the explanation is on that map. That sea serpent detail seems to be a Denizen.
specifically the coloration reminds me of Cetus, the denizen of light.

The true form/mating form of cherubs is a massive serpent like creature, and the denizens are all serpent like creatures. It is very possible that denizens could create the cherubs on a planet that then spread throughout the universe itself, reproducing. We know they create 'minions' as well, as well as generally creating monsters at will.
It may also be that a sburb planet always produces both a session AND cherubs too. Cherubs start first and then the session is set up. I think this might be the explanation for a few thigns in Hiveswap as well. Because we have a Cherub device on both Alternia and Earth, one linking the two even. In addition it may be the Whatpumpkin team taking into account the fact that Human history has a tendency of producing deific/demonic serpents and dragons in their mythlology, and such a statue appears in Hiveswap.

I think the major alteration in question done by Dirk, is the creation of a new species. The horror terros are obviously being made by Rose. So he is adding his own species to the mix.

Radical Dude 42

Re: I think that the planet Dirk is on is the Cherub planet.

Post by Radical Dude 42 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:12 pm

This reminds me of this one theory I had heard about (and never actually read), that the cherubs were some sort of combination of humans and trolls. I think alchemy was involved in the theory (again, never read it), but ectoalchemy would make a lot more sense, seeing as it creates living things.

That theory aside, though, Dirk creating the cherub race would be a nice little tie-in. It would explain how/why Lil Cal does heavily resemble the cherubs, because... he would be an intrinsic part of their DNA or whatever. Though actually now that I'm thinking about Lil Cal, where has he been in the epilogues and HS^2?? We've seen a robot variation but that's it. Though, I guess seeing as how there can only be ONE iteration of a juju, maybe the (one true) Cal is just sitting away somewhere, waiting for Gamzee to bring him to Caliborn.

That being said, though, what other things would go into the cherub DNA? I'm scanning Dirk's spaceship room here and there's not much else. The facepaint, maybe? The green skull Skaianet poster? The green chair? CHAIR-ub? No wait, that's stupid.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:26 pm

Radical Dude 42 wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:12 pm
This reminds me of this one theory I had heard about (and never actually read), that the cherubs were some sort of combination of humans and trolls. I think alchemy was involved in the theory (again, never read it), but ectoalchemy would make a lot more sense, seeing as it creates living things.

That theory aside, though, Dirk creating the cherub race would be a nice little tie-in. It would explain how/why Lil Cal does heavily resemble the cherubs, because... he would be an intrinsic part of their DNA or whatever. Though actually now that I'm thinking about Lil Cal, where has he been in the epilogues and HS^2?? We've seen a robot variation but that's it. Though, I guess seeing as how there can only be ONE iteration of a juju, maybe the (one true) Cal is just sitting away somewhere, waiting for Gamzee to bring him to Caliborn.

That being said, though, what other things would go into the cherub DNA? I'm scanning Dirk's spaceship room here and there's not much else. The facepaint, maybe? The green skull Skaianet poster? The green chair? CHAIR-ub? No wait, that's stupid.
Think the homestuck wiki has the timeloop of lil cal. I think this dirk got rid of him when he realized what he represented.

Also i was stating that the Cherubs were not, in fact, made by dirk at all. Think the commentary stuff for homestuck books stated that the cherubs were like the immune system/viruses of a universe frog. Think they are created and come from this particular planet but not by dirk's hand. Also they are nto even supposed to play sburb and only caliborn ever played it.

Though it is interesting that people had the idea of using the alchemy machine to create species. Theoretically if you can figure out the 'formula' of a species you can generate them with the machine.
Wonder if hussie stole/got inspired by that theory XD

foreverFlummoxed
Pronouns: Call me w/e, idgaf
Classpect: Rogue of Light
Moon: Prospit

Post by foreverFlummoxed » Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:50 pm

Radical Dude 42 wrote:
At the time of HS^2/epilogues, Cal near the start of his timeline is at the bottom of the ocean. ImageImage
While the Cal at the end of his timeline was (possibly) destroyed with B2 Prospit (if Cal possessing/making Jack English means he was empty/destroy-able now)

And Cal looks similar to cherubs because he holds a cherub within him (as the dominate soul of the 4 (3 1/2??? 2 and 2 halves??? is AR even soul???)) and that is what he is always meant to do because Weird Time Shittm making him the last paradox clone, the only reason Cal looks like Cal is because he already looked like that in the first place, same as why Jane looks like Jane and so forth with the other paradox clones (paradoxes are so fun don't you know? :andrew:)
FF: Personally, I think my skills are near-mediocre at best. that's really all there is to say on the matter.

FF: I couldn't figure out how to get it in the profile field so here's my YouTube channel

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:04 pm

foreverFlummoxed wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 2:50 pm
Radical Dude 42 wrote:
At the time of HS^2/epilogues, Cal near the start of his timeline is at the bottom of the ocean. ImageImage
While the Cal at the end of his timeline was (possibly) destroyed with B2 Prospit (if Cal possessing/making Jack English means he was empty/destroy-able now)

And Cal looks similar to cherubs because he holds a cherub within him (as the dominate soul of the 4 (3 1/2??? 2 and 2 halves??? is AR even soul???)) and that is what he is always meant to do because Weird Time Shittm making him the last paradox clone, the only reason Cal looks like Cal is because he already looked like that in the first place, same as why Jane looks like Jane and so forth with the other paradox clones (paradoxes are so fun don't you know? :andrew:)
Ooooh forgot that he was lost pretty early in that situation. God its been a while.

but yea its a causal loop and that is why he looks like that. Though technically a cal being used as material for cherubs would apply to the loop, there would be no cal as a source. At the end of this puppet's physical timeline, the soul hybrid trapped inside posses an incarnation of jack noir, leaving it an empty husk, and is dsetroyed utterly when lord noir destroyts prospit.
I think this incarnation of lord english is meant to be the fall guy in whatever version of events were supposed to happen BEFORE retcon. Basically Dave is destined to kill a lord english, so this weaker version is there to die. Which might explain why another incarnation of dave failed to fully kill lord english because 'dave' had already killed lord english.

Truth is that post retcon all the things are confused. Cause by all means, there is a sense that there is another loop to the timeloop and this planet Dirk is on is part of it, but it is also very possible that Dirk intruded and has taken over something he was not originally meant to be connected to either.
The mobious double reach-around that Terezi said. But rather than it being the torll and human sessions, there is a timeloop that was meant to be disconnected from homestuck itself but feed back into it as a loop and creating an infinity symbol shape. But the Retcon disrupted this formation. That or Dirk is deliberately altering it himself.
Last edited by thorondraco on Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Radical Dude 42

Post by Radical Dude 42 » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:05 pm

Yeah, I see it now. I'll be honest, I'm a little rusty at later-game information. It would be a damn shame if the Cal that previously held LE was destroyed, because Cal is kind of awesome (my own affinity for puppets may be showing here). Also yeah, Cal looks like Cal because Cal is Cal. This is basic paradox stuff. I am a little iffy on there being additional reasoning of "he was always meant to hold a cherub soul inside of him", though. But I think we digress. We're supposed to be talking about Deltritus or whatever, right??

Anyway. So, thorondraco, do you think that Dirk's gonna make some OTHER species for this planet, to go alongside the natural cherub and the artificially-induced horrorterror? Or are you getting at something else?

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:07 pm

Radical Dude 42 wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:05 pm
Yeah, I see it now. I'll be honest, I'm a little rusty at later-game information. It would be a damn shame if the Cal that previously held LE was destroyed, because Cal is kind of awesome (my own affinity for puppets may be showing here). Also yeah, Cal looks like Cal because Cal is Cal. This is basic paradox stuff. I am a little iffy on there being additional reasoning of "he was always meant to hold a cherub soul inside of him", though. But I think we digress. We're supposed to be talking about Deltritus or whatever, right??

Anyway. So, thorondraco, do you think that Dirk's gonna make some OTHER species for this planet, to go alongside the natural cherub and the artificially-induced horrorterror? Or are you getting at something else?
That is what i think. He explains having a hooted and winged species on the planet... I think he is making Demons/Devils. His enemy is the 'gods' of paradox space and an 'angel'. Would also add to his villain fixation as well, as he will be the 'source of devils'.

foreverFlummoxed
Pronouns: Call me w/e, idgaf
Classpect: Rogue of Light
Moon: Prospit

Post by foreverFlummoxed » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:44 pm

Here's what i could find about the cherub planet/lands/whatever the fuck:
of course it HAD to be in Act 6 Act 5 Act 2

anyway, take this however you wish. (does the name deltritus match this description? who knows?)

(now i've got the trickster music stuck in my head again gdi)
FF: Personally, I think my skills are near-mediocre at best. that's really all there is to say on the matter.

FF: I couldn't figure out how to get it in the profile field so here's my YouTube channel

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Sat Apr 25, 2020 7:19 pm

foreverFlummoxed wrote:
Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:44 pm
Here's what i could find about the cherub planet/lands/whatever the fuck:
of course it HAD to be in Act 6 Act 5 Act 2

anyway, take this however you wish. (does the name deltritus match this description? who knows?)

(now i've got the trickster music stuck in my head again gdi)
Deltritus is a pretty stupid name but a dry one. Of course a kingdom vs a planet. It could be a kingdom that forms on deltritus that is rather goofy and silly....
Likes clons O.o.

Horror terrors were clowns confirmed.