Theory about one of the new songs.

Discuss Pesterquest, Psycholonials, Homestuck^2, and other related works here!
Generalrabogolfo
Pronouns: El, el rabo
Classpect: bard of mind
Moon: Derse

Theory about one of the new songs.

Post by Generalrabogolfo » Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:08 pm

SO. i was doing the worst thing you can ever do in youtube when i saw a comment in the song "Now I'm a villian" that said that it had showtime motifs. after someone posted the timestamps (0:32 and 3:35) i was able to see that yeah, they were kinda right about it.
And yeah, you can see already where im going with this. a song named like that. having john's motifs. could we be getting bad john in the near future? could the gif below finally come true?
interesting.gif
interesting.gif (148.18 KiB) Viewed 4892 times
:rosecool:

thorondraco

Re: Theory about one of the new songs.

Post by thorondraco » Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:24 pm

Generalrabogolfo wrote:
Mon Apr 20, 2020 2:08 pm
SO. i was doing the worst thing you can ever do in youtube when i saw a comment in the song "Now I'm a villian" that said that it had showtime motifs. after someone posted the timestamps (0:32 and 3:35) i was able to see that yeah, they were kinda right about it.
And yeah, you can see already where im going with this. a song named like that. having john's motifs. could we be getting bad john in the near future? could the gif below finally come true?
interesting.gif
I guess the question is what counts as a villain in homestuck? It feels as if they were putting that in doubt.
We have the narrative villain, the guys that are meant to do bad shit for the story. Lord english minions of course but Vriska also counts, and Rose counted as well considering how crazy she was going.
But then we have meta villains who are villains because they mess with how things are supposed to go. I think we can presume that Doc scratch and Lord english both altered the story to some unknown degree by literally attacking and killing the narrator of homestuck. Dirk is also a meta villain.

But are all meta villains villains cause they do evil things or are they villains simply for going against paradox space and the narrators and or others powers that be? Could the mspa reader count? Likely if john rebelled could he count as a Meta Villain?

Its like when Rose asked if the horror terrors were evil. By all means despite the implication they are evil, they do a lot of rather benign shit too. MMore os than paradox space ever did for those who play along.

homeStank
Pronouns: They/Them
Classpect: Seer of Mind

Post by homeStank » Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:47 pm

The gif can't be true because John would never wear such anime of a cape.

Generalrabogolfo
Pronouns: El, el rabo
Classpect: bard of mind

Post by Generalrabogolfo » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:01 pm

homeStank wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:47 pm
john would DEFINITELY wear that shit. hed say it looks stupid, but he would. i believe in my boi :nepball:
:rosecool:

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:43 pm

Generalrabogolfo wrote:
Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:01 pm
homeStank wrote:
Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:47 pm
john would DEFINITELY wear that shit. hed say it looks stupid, but he would. i believe in my boi :nepball:
I 100% agree.

Still it is likely that there is implications and foreshadowing in most of the songs. We can only speculate.
I kinda wish there was music on the site for this stuff.

Mandy
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Mandy » Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:00 pm

A lot of times musical foreshadowing doesn't really mean much. Unite Synchronization also had Showtime motifs too, it was even used in a flash. That was still all Dirk.

I get the impression there's some confirmation bias in the foreshadowing. That the music team throws a lot of leitmotif hints into their music without really knowing how they'll be used, and then it looks prophetic because the ones that do turn out accurate are the ones that get used.