Homestuck^2 Chapter 8: A Daughter Astray

Discuss Pesterquest, Psycholonials, Homestuck^2, and other related works here!
BrobyDDark

Re: Homestuck^2 Chapter 8: A Daughter Astray

Post by BrobyDDark » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:15 pm

Shitpost Lizard wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:03 pm
John being legitimately excited for something is still cute, although I feel like he's taking the situation a little too lightly. Getting caught hiding a body and sparking even more tension in a war environment goes a little beyond "epic pranks bro XD".
Could be he was trying to calm Harry Anderson down by making it out to be like some big prank. Or Candy as a whole and the conflicts within matter so little to him that any wrongdoing that happens is just a little prank between friends.

Like when you're playing minecraft and fill an entire person's house with water, or blow it up while they're inside. Harmless fun.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:12 pm

BrobyDDark wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:15 pm
Shitpost Lizard wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:03 pm
John being legitimately excited for something is still cute, although I feel like he's taking the situation a little too lightly. Getting caught hiding a body and sparking even more tension in a war environment goes a little beyond "epic pranks bro XD".
Could be he was trying to calm Harry Anderson down by making it out to be like some big prank. Or Candy as a whole and the conflicts within matter so little to him that any wrongdoing that happens is just a little prank between friends.

Like when you're playing minecraft and fill an entire person's house with water, or blow it up while they're inside. Harmless fun.
John has, in many ways, always taken situation rather lightly. Its how he has dealt with them. Though i think he is also proud of his son and his friends causing some chaos too all things considered.
Bit yea i do think he is still being serious and giving his son good advice. They need to get out of there and somewhere safe and has a plan. What it is i do not know.

homeStank
Pronouns: They/Them
Classpect: Seer of Mind
Moon: Derse

Post by homeStank » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:39 pm

Everyone seems to hate Rose's mom hair, am I the only one here who actually likes it??
overThinker wrote:
Mon Apr 13, 2020 1:04 pm
she seemed a little bit out of character from the few pages of her that we got.
Yeah I feel that. Well maybe not out of character, but definitely written blandly. Come on guys, you're writers! You can write a proper concerned Rose!
thorondraco wrote:
Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:12 pm
John has, in many ways, always taken situation rather lightly. Its how he has dealt with them. Though i think he is also proud of his son and his friends causing some chaos too all things considered.
Bit yea i do think he is still being serious and giving his son good advice. They need to get out of there and somewhere safe and has a plan. What it is i do not know.
Oh yeah John taking things lightly is definately in character. I agree with you though, I feel like in this situation he IS taking it seriously, but considering that he said he knows exactly how "they can win" now, it's clear he sees it as a much more positive thing. In which case laughter is totally appropriate. His behavior with his son right after proves that!
GOD I love the interactions between John and Harry Anderson right now though. It's fantastic.
As a topic that I haven't seen anyone discuss much though, Vrissy's behavior in this comic actually reminded me that,,, she's a Vriska,,,, which I almost forgot,,,, everything she said just felt like... a Vriska Thing To Say if that makes sense.

uranianUmbra
Pronouns: they/them
Classpect: Maid of Breath
Moon: Prospit

Post by uranianUmbra » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:32 am

Poor John has been starved for plot and he’s finally found it again.

ZingDev
Pronouns: Male

Post by ZingDev » Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:15 pm

gonna say, that conversation between John and Harry felt off, and not in the on purpose off.