Would you rather than double updates, or longer singular updates?

Discuss Pesterquest, Psycholonials, Homestuck^2, and other related works here!
thorondraco

Re: Would you rather than double updates, or longer singular updates?

Post by thorondraco » Mon Apr 06, 2020 7:52 pm

PilotBlackSmith wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:05 pm
very small updates but happening in a 2-3 day basis would be my absolute prefered method.
daily updates was what made Homestuck on its first acts very interesting to many people and I know it obviously cant be done again but I'd much rather have 2-3 days of wait for like 1-2 pages than 30 days for ~20 pages. It keeps the story fresh on our heads. It's also the reason why reader commands were so fun back then.
Of course, Hussie :andrew: was almost a NEET so he had the time to do that back in the day but now everyone has 6-7 part time jobs and twitter rambling to do so I guess thats impossible(ignore the quarantine).

but I absolutely prefer double updates than waiting an entire month for the equivalent of one shonen manga chapter, I read JoJo which has MORE pages but even then, stories with that kind of schedule takes DECADES to finish and I'd MUCH rather not considering how GLACIAL the pacing is right now and how boring things are.
they have 5-6 writers on this for god's sake I know art is the biggest time sink but holy fuck why cant they just find someone new to help on the art instead of leaving it to 1-2 people to actually draw while everyone else fights over themselves to decide what gets in the story?
Most of them ARE contractors so they can work at home, but it is still other jobs that are likely giving them more moneys than homestuck^2.

PilotBlackSmith
Location: Rio de Janeiro (Hell) - Brazil (Hell 2: Super Hell)
Pronouns: He/Him
Classpect: Heir of Void

Post by PilotBlackSmith » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:17 pm

I just want more updates so we can have more threads on /co/ tbqhwyf

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

ThePungeonMaster
Classpect: Seer of Breath
Moon: Derse

Post by ThePungeonMaster » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:55 pm

Maybe I'm misremembering, but wasn't Homestuck banned from 4Chan or something? Or like its board was removed?
June X Vriska is the best ship.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:21 pm

ThePungeonMaster wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:55 pm
Maybe I'm misremembering, but wasn't Homestuck banned from 4Chan or something? Or like its board was removed?
Think it crashed 4chan a few times and got banned there.

Generalrabogolfo
Pronouns: El, el rabo
Classpect: bard of mind
Moon: Derse

Post by Generalrabogolfo » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:20 am

ThePungeonMaster wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:55 pm
the generals devolved into pure shitpost and that made the moderators ban it. nowadays co kinda allows a thread if theres something new to talk about, like a new update or a new route for pesterquest.
:rosecool: