Homestuck^2 Chapter 5

Discuss Pesterquest, Psycholonials, Homestuck^2, and other related works here!
luigi
Pronouns: ?/?/?
Classpect: Not Plumber of Pipes

Re: Homestuck^2 Chapter 5

Post by luigi » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:06 pm

classpectanon wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:04 pm
Mod Voice: I am going to be perfectly honest, the only reason I haven't said anything is because I haven't read this thread and nobody has given me any reports, but this is not particularly acceptable behavior. No beefing means no beefing. If you want to say inflammatory things about members of the WP team, go do it in a private discord or PMs somewhere.

I'm putting a lid on any further discussion of Kate in this thread, please.
We aren't allowed discussing the writers of the comic this forum was built for :^) makes sense to me
spambot wrote:The passion amongst men is increasing.

foreverFlummoxed
Pronouns: Call me w/e, idgaf
Classpect: Rogue of Light
Moon: Prospit

Post by foreverFlummoxed » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:23 pm

luigi wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:06 pm
We aren't allowed discussing the writers of the comic this forum was built for :^) makes sense to me
You've... kind of missed the point, discussing writing (and what could be written) vs complaining about an individual's actions/that individual.

This will be the last thing I say on this matter.
FF: Personally, I think my skills are near-mediocre at best. that's really all there is to say on the matter.

FF: I couldn't figure out how to get it in the profile field so here's my YouTube channel

classpectanon
Site Admin
Pronouns: They/It
Classpect: Sylph of Light
Moon: Derse

Post by classpectanon » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:23 pm

Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 4.13.24 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 4.13.24 PM.png (75.02 KiB) Viewed 8439 times
I'm more easily reached at classpectanon#4228 on Discord. I will respond to reports faster there because PHPBB's notification system is borked and doesn't email me when you report things.

luigi

Post by luigi » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:30 pm

This comic is written by people tho. Real humans with biases and opinions and stuff why are we not allowed to discuss it? The comic doesn't just spawn from the void, the statements made within came from people, talking about how the writing of the comic sucks is a different conversation from why it sucks and as for the latter discussion that sometimes means peoples feelings will get hurt but that's too bad that's the responsibility you accept when becoming an author.

classpectanon
Site Admin

Post by classpectanon » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:42 pm

If you want to kvetch about Kate, do it in your own forum. "Hussie should do something about her" "There should be repercussions about this" this is not criticism, this is bitching and beefing. A single mention has turned this entire thread into "Let's complain about how I think Kate should be fired" town. I'm not having it.
I'm more easily reached at classpectanon#4228 on Discord. I will respond to reports faster there because PHPBB's notification system is borked and doesn't email me when you report things.

luigi

Post by luigi » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:52 pm

classpectanon wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:42 pm
If you want to kvetch about Kate, do it in your own forum. "Hussie should do something about her" "There should be repercussions about this" this is not criticism, this is bitching and beefing. A single mention has turned this entire thread into "Let's complain about how I think Kate should be fired" town. I'm not having it.
If a single mention of her can derail a thread this bad maybe it's a sign she's a problematic figure worth discussing.

classpectanon
Site Admin

Post by classpectanon » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:55 pm

If a single mention of her can derail a thread this badly then maybe I should ban all Kate discussion so it stops derailing threads. I'll say this one more time and I hope it registers. Do not bitch about Kate Mitchell in this fashion on my forums. Full stop.

Mandy
Pronouns: he/him

Post by Mandy » Thu Apr 23, 2020 4:58 pm

Maybe a quarantine thread would be a better idea than banning any mention? This is definitely something very relevant to us, and a massive elephant in the room to ignore, even if it tends to derail any thread it's brought up in. Seems like exactly the kind of thing quarantine threads are made for.

classpectanon
Site Admin

Post by classpectanon » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:03 pm

I'm being hyperbolic, but, that being said, why would I want to even let a Kate quarantine thread exist? It's not like any new information happens, or any minds get changed -- you have people that like Kate and either defend her and don't talk about her and people that hate Kate who will scrutinize and pick apart and bitch and moan about every single thing she says on twitter no matter what. What good would that thread serve? Vriska is a character that we can analyze in a fictional context, which is why I made the Vriscourse thread. A Katecourse thread is not only entirely unproductive but also hilariously disrespectful to the actual person who, you know, has a life and exists outside of a story and eats and puts her pants on one leg at a time like the rest of us do.

luigi

Post by luigi » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:16 pm

classpectanon wrote:
Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:03 pm
I'm being hyperbolic, but, that being said, why would I want to even let a Kate quarantine thread exist? It's not like any new information happens, or any minds get changed -- you have people that like Kate and either defend her and don't talk about her and people that hate Kate who will scrutinize and pick apart and bitch and moan about every single thing she says on twitter no matter what. What good would that thread serve? Vriska is a character that we can analyze in a fictional context, which is why I made the Vriscourse thread. A Katecourse thread is not only entirely unproductive but also hilariously disrespectful to the actual person who, you know, has a life and exists outside of a story and eats and puts her pants on one leg at a time like the rest of us do.
That's fair to an extent but at the same time we arent analyzing her like a character we're analyzing her like a person who has done some very awful things and is now the lead writer for our favorite comic I think Mandy's right it's a pretty relevant topic. And since when has a criteria for a thread being created been "The goal has to be to change someone's mind?"

I don't see the harm in a quarantine thread personally like worst case scenario you've isolated the kate hate, best case scenario people get bored after their first angry essay that no one reads and the thread dies

RoyalFiddle
Classpect: Mage of Time
Moon: Prospit

Post by RoyalFiddle » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:18 pm

Regardless of how effective it'd be (I personally don't think it'd be very effective in the first place), it's still incredibly disrespectful to have an entire thread dedicated to "discussing" a WP employee in a negative manner. Honestly, for me, it's not that y'all talk about her, it's the level of toxicity present when it's done. And, regardless of how fair one may or may not feel it is to be toxic towards them, it's still not something that should be allowed
ROS3S 4R3 BL4CK
V1OL3TS 4R3 BL4CK
3V3RYTH1NG 1S BL4CK
1M BL1ND
>:]

luigi

Post by luigi » Thu Apr 23, 2020 5:28 pm

You're right about the toxicity I guess. Sorry for dredging the thread back up