Next pesterquest feburary 19?/ Edit, Febuary 5th

Discuss Pesterquest, Psycholonials, Homestuck^2, and other related works here!
thorondraco

Next pesterquest feburary 19?/ Edit, Febuary 5th

Post by thorondraco » Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:18 pm

I don't know how whomever setups the Event calendar on the Reddit makes the gueses or if they get information, but the reddit event calendar for some reason is claiming that the next Pesterquest comes out next month on the 19th of all times, rather than, like, the 29th.
Last edited by thorondraco on Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Makin

Re: Next pesterquest feburary 19?

Post by Makin » Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:34 pm

I was told someone on that one podcast claimed there might be a three week break. I did add a "?" to signify we really don't know yet, it's the most pessimistic interpretation of the statement. I'm sure we'll know by this wednesday.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:18 pm

Makin wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:34 pm
I was told someone on that one podcast claimed there might be a three week break. I did add a "?" to signify we really don't know yet, it's the most pessimistic interpretation of the statement. I'm sure we'll know by this wednesday.
okay so i actually looked up the podcat and yea they said they were doing a 3 week break before the alpha kids. The reason wasn't given, mainly of impromptu Jake's ass joke (maybe implying jake is the first kid?). But yea we don't know the reasons why and they are planning on making a public announcement.

Its pretty weird though, such a long break after a holiday break. Are they working on something else? its it because of the new update schedule for Homestuck^2? Eh who knows. We will have to see with our own two peepers.

Am surprised that basically the pesterquest is probably going to end in march if i am not mistake. Its either the 12th or the ninteenth i wager, depending on if they actually stop working on it entirely or if they are simply delaying a release.

https://pgenpod.com/updates/episodes/73 mentioend around the 10 minute mark and i don't think they bring it up again lat.

TH4NK YOU B3N
Pronouns: he/him
Classpect: Mage of Heart
Moon: Prospit

Post by TH4NK YOU B3N » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:21 pm

Wait, how many more are there?
only bad takes here

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:46 pm

TH4NK YOU B3N wrote:
Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:21 pm
Wait, how many more are there?
We have 4 more main characters left, the alpha kids. Presumably with an epilogue chapter, so roughly 5 more routes. However that doesn't mean they couldn't do some weird shit and bend the rules but we will have to see.

they said 14 routes with 20 characters. soi if they do the remaining kids in 2 updates they could go CRAZY shit there, but we don't know what they are planning so for the time being, i am expecting 4 more updates, a route per character, with the last one having an epilogue.

TH4NK YOU B3N
Pronouns: he/him
Classpect: Mage of Heart
Moon: Prospit

Post by TH4NK YOU B3N » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:01 am

i hope the epilogue chapter is june. i want her to apologize for getting the reader's pronouns wrong.
only bad takes here

Drinosi
Classpect: Mage of Blood
Moon: Derse

Post by Drinosi » Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:42 am

Kind of surprising that they're taking another break so soon after the break they just took. I'm going to be optimistic and hope it's because something else is in the works though, and that they're devoting more time to that.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:26 am

Drinosi wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:42 am
Kind of surprising that they're taking another break so soon after the break they just took. I'm going to be optimistic and hope it's because something else is in the works though, and that they're devoting more time to that.
Well they are going to start the double updates for Homestuck^2 next month. That might be part of the reason for the delay. Could be some other project too.
I don't wanna be SUPER optimistic in that regard but maybe it involves Hiveswap act 2? They have been working on it for a while and we got that trailer, a trailer showing a lot more than the original trailer for Hiveswap act 1 did as well.

Eh we will have to see.

Drinosi
Classpect: Mage of Blood

Post by Drinosi » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:56 pm

thorondraco wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:26 am
Drinosi wrote:
Well they are going to start the double updates for Homestuck^2 next month. That might be part of the reason for the delay. Could be some other project too.
I don't wanna be SUPER optimistic in that regard but maybe it involves Hiveswap act 2? They have been working on it for a while and we got that trailer, a trailer showing a lot more than the original trailer for Hiveswap act 1 did as well.

Eh we will have to see.
I was thinking that Act 2 or another project MIGHT be a reason, but I'm trying not to get too excited because it could be they just need a break. Hopefully it's because some other project is nearing completion and they just need some extra time to put the finishing touches on it.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:16 pm

Drinosi wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:56 pm
thorondraco wrote:
Drinosi wrote:

Eh we will have to see.
I was thinking that Act 2 or another project MIGHT be a reason, but I'm trying not to get too excited because it could be they just need a break. Hopefully it's because some other project is nearing completion and they just need some extra time to put the finishing touches on it.
It is a rather long time but we will have to see. it would be awesome to get act 2 but its done when its done.

Break and needing to focus on other things is probably what is going on. They got their own work to do besides hoemstuck, and have to deal with double updates now plus the bonus update. Heck far as we know they are already working on a few act 3 things, though i imagine they won't get into the full swing of that until pesterquest is done.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:35 pm

Drinosi wrote:
Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:56 pm
thorondraco wrote:
Drinosi wrote:

Eh we will have to see.
The fifth of febuary. Was expecting a lot, lot longer than that

Nep
Pronouns: Any (Genderfluid)
Classpect: Rogue of Heart

Re: Next pesterquest feburary 19?/ Edit, Febuary 5th

Post by Nep » Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:37 am

>Alpha Gear

ALPHA KIDS CONFIRMED LET'S GOOOOO YOOOOOOO.
Forum's Certified Nep. :nepball: || Rogue of Heart

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:26 pm

Nep wrote:
Tue Jan 21, 2020 9:37 am
>Alpha Gear

ALPHA KIDS CONFIRMED LET'S GOOOOO YOOOOOOO.
The ones that opened up the obnoxiously long 6th act.

Don't get me wrong i still really enjoyed it but its kinda hard to ingore its length. Its essentially at least 5 acts in one. Hussie started fucking with people, 100%

VASKA
Pronouns: She/her, They/them

Post by VASKA » Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:30 pm

I hated the alpha kids when Hussie wrote them, but I'm a lot more favorable of the new talent's interpretation and style for them. This is honestly the first time I've ever been excited for alpha kid content, I hope it doesn't let me down. I've liked pesterquest thus far, against all the naysayers, hopefully this keeps the trend.
Only cuties survive the near future