wwe out

Discuss Pesterquest, Psycholonials, Homestuck^2, and other related works here!
Generalrabogolfo
Pronouns: El, el rabo
Classpect: bard of mind
Moon: Derse

wwe out

Post by Generalrabogolfo » Wed Jan 15, 2020 1:02 pm

say something good about him!
smily.PNG
smily.PNG (215.83 KiB) Viewed 24848 times
oh, yeah, i guess feferi is out too(?)who cares
:rosecool:

thorondraco

Re: wwe out

Post by thorondraco » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:17 pm

HE wants to improve is about as much as i can say.
Basically the route shows us he is about as bad as we thought he was, seems to have some gender dysphoria he is refusing to talk about, but is ultimately and growing increasing aware that he is utterly unhappy and that his behavior may truly be the reason.

Its a better place than he was before. And better than his fate homestuck itself.

calamityCons
Pronouns: they/he
Classpect: Prince of Doom

Post by calamityCons » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:19 pm

God his route was just a rapidfire delivery of every character beat his fans have been starving for for years. I loved it, it addressed so much of his legitimate flaws and his truly heroic and good qualities. His approach to gender, his self awareness, and confirmation that the majority of his worst behavior stems from performativity and the Theater of the Mind just like I always theorized. He wants you to read his mind and he knows his shit actually isnt real but he says it anyways because he wants attention. I feel for him and I love him and I am so fucking happy that he was done justice and given some true Meat onto his character development.

I have no real complaints. The story goes into a bazillion directions all at once, and a whole fucking LOT gets crammed into about an hour or two of gameplay and reading. But it’s still really great to see him bloom a little bit into a truly good person. I forgive everything he’s done and I adore him. His route was good. Aaaaaaaa
#ReviveSpadesSlick #WVForNarrativeRelevance

Nep
Pronouns: Any (Genderfluid)
Classpect: Rogue of Heart

Post by Nep » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:52 pm

calamityCons wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:19 pm
God his route was just a rapidfire delivery of every character beat his fans have been starving for for years. I loved it, it addressed so much of his legitimate flaws and his truly heroic and good qualities. His approach to gender, his self awareness, and confirmation that the majority of his worst behavior stems from performativity and the Theater of the Mind just like I always theorized. He wants you to read his mind and he knows his shit actually isnt real but he says it anyways because he wants attention. I feel for him and I love him and I am so fucking happy that he was done justice and given some true Meat onto his character development.

I have no real complaints. The story goes into a bazillion directions all at once, and a whole fucking LOT gets crammed into about an hour or two of gameplay and reading. But it’s still really great to see him bloom a little bit into a truly good person. I forgive everything he’s done and I adore him. His route was good. Aaaaaaaa
I respectfully must disagree CC.

I feel like his route was poorly done and even then some of the highlights were minorly great, like shrek, the sollux vs eri fight.

But beyond that I don't think he was approached that great honestly.
Forum's Certified Nep. :nepball: || Rogue of Heart

calamityCons

Post by calamityCons » Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:57 pm

Huh! I wonder why that is? I was able to overlook the rapidfire switching between storybeats because it seemed in the same vein as all the other pesterquests. Vriska’s is one that comes to mind, as does Sollux’s and even Dave’s. A lot gets addressed and in a very quick way.

Eridan’s behavior made even more sense as a lot of things were confirmed about him, such as that he’s a theatric baby who plays up a role because he desperately wants attention of any kind. The explanation appeals to me and it is what attracts me to him to begin with. I thoroughly enjoyed it!

The worst thing I can say about his route is that it might just be plain old fanservice for all of his stans, and I happen to be lumped in that category. Even still, the meat of his route focused on all of Eridan’s main character flaws and the beats of a potential redemption arc. It WENT somewhere, and somewhere I enjoyed.

Perhaps I just swallowed a load of shit hook line and sinker, but I still really enjoyed it and I wanted to play dressup with Eridan.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:06 pm

Nep wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:52 pm
calamityCons wrote:

I respectfully must disagree CC.

I feel like his route was poorly done and even then some of the highlights were minorly great, like shrek, the sollux vs eri fight.

But beyond that I don't think he was approached that great honestly.
Felt like the rapid fire nature of it all was showing how much of a theatrical act his life was, cause he jumps from one act to another to try and get what he wants and desires. And he is honestly a very, very bad actor to begin with.
But he has ultimately sabotaged his life doing so and he seems to realize it, and really realizes it at the end.. I like that there isn't a magical fix of him at all. He just hears what the reader has to say and will have to try and improve.

If Paradox space will let him do even that. Too much has changed. Paradox space has to act someone.

PilotBlackSmith
Location: Rio de Janeiro (Hell) - Brazil (Hell 2: Super Hell)
Pronouns: He/Him
Classpect: Heir of Void

Post by PilotBlackSmith » Wed Jan 15, 2020 3:29 pm

I liked the fight scene in Eridan's route.
I like Feferi.
And that's enough to keep the positive vibes.

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

egg
Pronouns: any
Classpect: Prince of Breath

Post by egg » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:17 pm

calamityCons wrote:
God his route was just a rapidfire delivery of every character beat his fans have been starving for for years. I loved it, it addressed so much of his legitimate flaws and his truly heroic and good qualities. His approach to gender, his self awareness, and confirmation that the majority of his worst behavior stems from performativity and the Theater of the Mind just like I always theorized. He wants you to read his mind and he knows his shit actually isnt real but he says it anyways because he wants attention.
Why is Eridan so relatable? A true Chad.
I am a person who has English as their second language. Please bear with me.

Sahxyel

Post by Sahxyel » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:51 pm

i wwant to die
:professor: Honeybee Professor Says: Problem Sleuth is better than Homestuck!

It's a mathematical fact!

calamityCons

Post by calamityCons » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:55 pm

Sahxyel wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:51 pm
i wwant to die
How come? D:

Barraskewda

Post by Barraskewda » Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:59 pm

Eridan's route is just a really sad sight to see, it feels like he wasn't taken in a direction far enough so he had all these plot beats which made the route feel...directionless? I also feel like the gender rant thing was a tad too much personally, not that its out of character mind you since eridan would definitely do that. But the fact that it just doesnt sound like eridan was talking when his text box came up...

That's actually my biggest problem with the route, Eridan doesn't feel like Eridan. I never saw him as some wokeboy the route portrayed him as, Eridan was a self concious theatre kid whos anxiety made him overcomplicate the issues he had, nothing against whoever route his route I just wasn't a fan is all.
192 ATK, 206 SPD and guaranteed to fuck you up

PilotBlackSmith
Location: Rio de Janeiro (Hell) - Brazil (Hell 2: Super Hell)
Pronouns: He/Him
Classpect: Heir of Void

Post by PilotBlackSmith » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:03 pm

Sahxyel wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 4:51 pm
i wwant to die
I am so fucking sorry.

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Leddy
Pronouns: Any (They/He/She)
Classpect: Sylph of Life
Moon: Prospit

Post by Leddy » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:10 pm

Coming from someone who dislikes Eridan this route is fantastic!

It addressed Eridan's bad traits, acknowledged that they are there and are bad, and that even beyond his acting it's still ingrained in him a little like with the racism and such, but carefully moved around the topic to address that he could change, even if it'd take a while. It didn't half ass it by saying he's irredeemable nor by saying he's instantly redeemed but it took a careful look at Eridan and expressed what got him to that point and how he could change for the better.

It's actually helped me get Eridan's presence down a little easier, going from easily my most disliked character to at least in an arguable spot for not being in the bottom (Mind you I still might argue he's near that point for me), which is far better than where he was previously by my standards.

I'll admit that Eridan felt a little more acting than I'm used too from HS proper, but it still felt in-character enough for me to like it.
:mutie:

Javepeta connoisseur
Professional Jade Stan
Roxy, Jade, and Kanaya are the best Homestuck characters /thread

Drinosi
Classpect: Mage of Blood

Post by Drinosi » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:23 pm

This was actually kind of disappointing for me. Eridan is one of my favorites, and most of the route was pretty out of character for him. I felt like he was used as a plot device for the writer to share their own personal feelings and didn't take Eridan's true nature into account very much. I think I'm going to leave it as this as I don't want to say anything too terrible, but I seriously disliked this route.

Nep
Pronouns: Any (Genderfluid)
Classpect: Rogue of Heart

Post by Nep » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:25 pm

calamityCons wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 2:57 pm
Huh! I wonder why that is? I was able to overlook the rapidfire switching between storybeats because it seemed in the same vein as all the other pesterquests. Vriska’s is one that comes to mind, as does Sollux’s and even Dave’s. A lot gets addressed and in a very quick way.

Eridan’s behavior made even more sense as a lot of things were confirmed about him, such as that he’s a theatric baby who plays up a role because he desperately wants attention of any kind. The explanation appeals to me and it is what attracts me to him to begin with. I thoroughly enjoyed it!

The worst thing I can say about his route is that it might just be plain old fanservice for all of his stans, and I happen to be lumped in that category. Even still, the meat of his route focused on all of Eridan’s main character flaws and the beats of a potential redemption arc. It WENT somewhere, and somewhere I enjoyed.

Perhaps I just swallowed a load of shit hook line and sinker, but I still really enjoyed it and I wanted to play dressup with Eridan.
Again I have to say that this eridan felt pretty off character for me. He should have felt more... dramatic, he always had some kind of flair and he doesn't seem to have such things like that in this pesterquest.

Besides the whole conversation about gender stuff was very off character for him, even though I know it was probably some kind of gag for march eridan or something of the sort.

I personally feel everyone is praising him without examining him critically, as well getting sastified that FAST.

I think it would have been better if we explored his relationship with the following characters: Karkat, Feferi or Sollux.

or by taking stuff from his intro.

Where is his interest for Military history.

WHY AND HOW HE CAME TO LIKE MAGIC.

What made him loathe lowbloods so quickly compared to the rest of the highbloods?

Like Equius has scorn and just changes aradia's blood but he never says something out of the line, feferi doesn't give a shit about it and Vriska is the only other character who would even barely take such things seriously as if out of spite.

Overall I don't really feel very sastified with this route they took. Especially when Mr. Jojostuck Griever had taken an interesting approach with Ampora himself in the events of jojostuck.
Last edited by Nep on Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forum's Certified Nep. :nepball: || Rogue of Heart

NAKNAKNAK

Post by NAKNAKNAK » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:25 pm

Both of the routes were sorta bad. Both of them didn't feel like there was much character agency. Eridan's route started well enough, calling the MC a friendslut, hitting the usual pompous eridan notes but the extortion attempt felt really... Off. Not to say that Eridan is above trying to force people to talk to him or anything like that but 'I'm rich, I toild you about my problems, pay me' just didn't sit right. Some Shrek memes later we find out Eridan has an airship, some more Ampora A-holeiness and then the wardrobe gender talk. The message was fine enough but it just felt jarring. Like 'Eridan is so unlikeable we better throw in some gender talk so that there's something to like' that didn't feel like it was something he'd actually say. Outside of March!Eridan memes has there always been some part of the fandom that associates Eridan with wearing dresses? Then that is immediately followed by hemospectrum talk that, while is more aligned with his usual talk seemed complete disjointed from the previous topic. To me it didn't feel like it had a natural flow to things and there wasn't much actual character there. Then there's a rehash of Sollux and Eridan's first duel, a small moment of enlightenment later after getting his ass kicked that doesn't feel that earned and it's back to Shrek.

Feferi's route felt like her character but so much of it feels like nothing is happening at all. For half of Fef's route you're slowly dying and can barely talk so it's mostly just Feferi having her own personal monologue, then once you're in her hive after pointing out she's all talk about her plans to change Alternia ,Karako of all people pops out of her lusus, returning from the dead to give a philosophy lecture.

I don't know, Feferi's route felt like it was more the set up for something later but Eridan's just felt all over the place, nothing about how he's the one who has to feed Feferi's lusus in order to prevent the entire species from going extinct, nothing about his sense of loneliness and impending isolation. I had low expectations going in but I'm still leaving dissatisfied with this volume.

I guess if you like Sollux and the dark carnival this volume's for you?
:professor: NAK NAK THERE IS A BUG ON MY SCREEN AND I CAN'T REACH IT TO SWAT IT AWAY WITH TINY ARMS NAK NAK NAK!!!

Barraskewda

Post by Barraskewda » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:26 pm

Drinosi wrote:
Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:23 pm
This was actually kind of disappointing for me. Eridan is one of my favorites, and most of the route was pretty out of character for him. I felt like he was used as a plot device for the writer to share their own personal feelings and didn't take Eridan's true nature into account very much. I think I'm going to leave it as this as I don't want to say anything too terrible, but I seriously disliked this route.
I gotta agree, I would say the writing itself was ooc, but the themes presented to us definitely werent. It just needed more delicate care is all, and for all I know the most delicate care coulda been given but I just dont see it personally.
192 ATK, 206 SPD and guaranteed to fuck you up

TC
Classpect: Your Lord of Rage

Post by TC » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:36 pm

i cravve the swweet release of wwehth.
ImageImageImage

TH4NK YOU B3N
Pronouns: he/him
Classpect: Mage of Heart
Moon: Prospit

Post by TH4NK YOU B3N » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:36 pm

Feferi's route had absolutely nothing to do with Feferi.

At least Shrek 2 was there. That movie must be a gabillion sweeps old
Last edited by TH4NK YOU B3N on Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
only bad takes here

livingNingyo

Post by livingNingyo » Wed Jan 15, 2020 5:38 pm

wwhy must they ruin him like this
Attachments
Eridanwweeping.png
Eridanwweeping.png (3.37 KiB) Viewed 24712 times
For you are true and destined prince ♒
And my sword is by your side
I will fight for you in glory until I die