How a Game Of Sburb Would Look in a Post-Cannon World?

Discuss Pesterquest, Psycholonials, Homestuck^2, and other related works here!
geoshitties
Pronouns: He/Him

How a Game Of Sburb Would Look in a Post-Cannon World?

Post by geoshitties » Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:37 pm

Hey! I'd love to hear some of your theories as to a potential game of Sburb within homestuck^2. I think it could go like a million ways at the moment and it just feels super exciting to be coming in fresh for updates for the first time since I was like 14 haha.

WHAT I AM USING TO BASE MY THEORY OFF OF:
An element of Dirk's plan is to use the planet he is headed for to begin "the most important session in the history of Sburb" (Candy Postscript)

The postscript also mentions, that Dirk's plan involves "lucky kids" who will live on the planet "thousands of years from now" Which is why I believe, for this session of Sburb, the Candy timeline kids will not be present.

KEY PLAYERS:
-Dirk
Dirk's goals with this session could be atypical. Much of his motivation to begin this session seems to come from a dissatisfaction with the win state of Sburb. "You know you’ll never be happy here. And neither will I. Because this place isn’t for people like us." states Dirk (Meat 36), in an attempt to goad terezi to join him. It is my belief that he will attempt to keep the game in stasis or fundamentally break it. Due to the wording of "lucky kids" mentioned earlier, one could be convinced that he will not be a player in this session ethier, yet use his influence to accomplish whatever his goal may be.
-Rosebot
Rosebot is definitely a wild card. All I can say forsure is that she will likely be around for the session and support dirk in influencing it. Although her personal goals may lean more towards the destruction of game mechanics, as seen previously before she went Grimdark.
- Terezi*
Unlike the other two, Terezi is not a god tier. Although a teal-blood may have a longer than average lifespan, there is no confirmation that Terezi would survive the "thousands of years" wait until the session as the variance of troll life spans appears to be "just a dozen or two sweeps" for the "most common of blood" (page 4069, Homestuck) to however old the Condesce is. So her survival up until the mentioned session is up for debate.

Terezi does have the corpse of John on her, however. A corpse which Dirk used to entice her to join his cause. "Yeah. You saved his body for a reason, right? Maybe it doesn’t even have to be the end for him. Endings are kind of overrated anyway." (Meat 36) So, should Dirk keep to his word, it would be easy to expect a prototyped or mystically revived John.
- An Unknown Amount of Alien Kids
Frankly I have nothing concrete on this except a hunch that they will likely be of a species previously unseen.

As far as the candy kids, I believe that they will begin a session of their own or weasel their way into Dirk's session. I have FAR less basis for that claim so I'm not banking on it. With that, I think we're gonna see the classpects of all three. It feels like a safe bet to put Vrissy as a Hero of Light due to the way we've seen ancestors work before. We can assume that she likely won't have the same class as her ancestors so Sylph and Thief are out of the running. This leaves us with Rogue, Hier, Maid, Page, Knight, Seer, Mage, Witch, Bard , Prince and conditionally Lord or Muse. The other two, I feel as if I would be grasping at straws to guess about!

thorondraco

Re: How a Game Of Sburb Would Look in a Post-Cannon World?

Post by thorondraco » Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:24 pm

geoshitties wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:37 pm
Hey! I'd love to hear some of your theories as to a potential game of Sburb within homestuck^2. I think it could go like a million ways at the moment and it just feels super exciting to be coming in fresh for updates for the first time since I was like 14 haha.

WHAT I AM USING TO BASE MY THEORY OFF OF:
An element of Dirk's plan is to use the planet he is headed for to begin "the most important session in the history of Sburb" (Candy Postscript)

The postscript also mentions, that Dirk's plan involves "lucky kids" who will live on the planet "thousands of years from now" Which is why I believe, for this session of Sburb, the Candy timeline kids will not be present.

KEY PLAYERS:
-Dirk
Dirk's goals with this session could be atypical. Much of his motivation to begin this session seems to come from a dissatisfaction with the win state of Sburb. "You know you’ll never be happy here. And neither will I. Because this place isn’t for people like us." states Dirk (Meat 36), in an attempt to goad terezi to join him. It is my belief that he will attempt to keep the game in stasis or fundamentally break it. Due to the wording of "lucky kids" mentioned earlier, one could be convinced that he will not be a player in this session ethier, yet use his influence to accomplish whatever his goal may be.
-Rosebot
Rosebot is definitely a wild card. All I can say forsure is that she will likely be around for the session and support dirk in influencing it. Although her personal goals may lean more towards the destruction of game mechanics, as seen previously before she went Grimdark.
- Terezi*
Unlike the other two, Terezi is not a god tier. Although a teal-blood may have a longer than average lifespan, there is no confirmation that Terezi would survive the "thousands of years" wait until the session as the variance of troll life spans appears to be "just a dozen or two sweeps" for the "most common of blood" (page 4069, Homestuck) to however old the Condesce is. So her survival up until the mentioned session is up for debate.

Terezi does have the corpse of John on her, however. A corpse which Dirk used to entice her to join his cause. "Yeah. You saved his body for a reason, right? Maybe it doesn’t even have to be the end for him. Endings are kind of overrated anyway." (Meat 36) So, should Dirk keep to his word, it would be easy to expect a prototyped or mystically revived John.
- An Unknown Amount of Alien Kids
Frankly I have nothing concrete on this except a hunch that they will likely be of a species previously unseen.

As far as the candy kids, I believe that they will begin a session of their own or weasel their way into Dirk's session. I have FAR less basis for that claim so I'm not banking on it. With that, I think we're gonna see the classpects of all three. It feels like a safe bet to put Vrissy as a Hero of Light due to the way we've seen ancestors work before. We can assume that she likely won't have the same class as her ancestors so Sylph and Thief are out of the running. This leaves us with Rogue, Hier, Maid, Page, Knight, Seer, Mage, Witch, Bard , Prince and conditionally Lord or Muse. The other two, I feel as if I would be grasping at straws to guess about!
I don't think Dirk wants to be directly involved in the session, he wants to guide it and shape it to his own ends. He wants to play the part of narrator and author and use the seers to help him.

Also you are overlooking what Dirk can do with his powers. He could literally create a scenario where Terezi becomes god tier, and may in fact intend to do so. Would make sense, strengthen her powers, make her not just die on him. He would need at minimum a Sacrifice bed and to shank her.. more than likely he will try to convince her to do it but he might force it if he has to.

I think we will find ourselves without John for a while, maybe even forever. i imagine there will be shenanigans if she tries to resurrect him. The most likely course I can see is Terezi clones him, waits for him to grow up, and tries to mindmeld his prior memories using Mind majyyk. However i have a feeling she might not even be able to clone him. Either Dirk's interference.. or whatever killed him prevents him from coming back.

geoshitties

Post by geoshitties » Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:10 pm

Forsure ! I can totally see that happening aswell! The idea of implanting memories seems like a cool use of a potential godtier Terezi’s powers. Stuff like this also raises the question of the limits of Dirk’s powers. Could he- if he wanted- just jumpstart his whole plan, automatically find the planet, create a God Tier bed for Terezi or make it so they could just bypass the thousands of years they have to wait.

I’ll look into it when I have time this weekend but from my reading it looks as though his influence is more psychological than environmental. It could just be his personal preference, but his powers seem like they are more often than not used to manipulate people rather than the space around him.

Generalrabogolfo
Pronouns: El, el rabo
Classpect: bard of mind
Moon: Derse

Post by Generalrabogolfo » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:13 pm

if hes the narrator, he should be able to do space manipulation too, since it must be described to exists, (and maybe thats the explanation for him having all those trinkets on the ship on h^2), and he will be narrating at the very least what hes doing, sooooo
:rosecool:

geoshitties

Post by geoshitties » Sat Jan 11, 2020 7:05 pm

"She slips closer to the event horizon, still making no effort to impede her descent. My persuasion skills are admittedly a little rusty. Bear with me here.

In my experience, there’s something about being alone that can take a person’s limited meat-engine and make it imagine that it can see beyond the confines of its own electrical processes. Make it believe that it is ascending to a place where it can see the four dimensions spread out beneath it like a set of windows. Like sheet music. Like a garden, where Jade used to spend so much of her time with her hands in the earth and her head in the clouds, dreaming about flowers that bloomed in six colors and grew when she played them a song. Was that real? It’s hard to tell. But it made her happy, didn’t it?

Isn’t that what she needs now? Isn’t it reasonable to presume that’s the only thing capable of persuading her to slow her descent—to being invited to imagine, fake or otherwise, that which once made her happy? That which could still make her happy, if only she’d slow down, think about it, and do whatever is necessary to place herself in those surroundings again?

It’s possible that manning the other end of a suicide hotline, transmitted through pure thought in a metatextual format, may not actually be my true calling. I’m doing my goddamned best here. She just isn’t slowing down, for some incomprehensible reason. Perhaps my touch is too soft. It wouldn’t be the first time. Perhaps the limits of persuasion itself are being tested by the most powerful gravitational force to ever exist? Or perhaps it’s true that insistence is just the more effective half of persuasion.

So I’m insisting now.

Jade Harley will not go into that hole. She does NOT want us to all to see what happens when she unsettles the spirit residing there.
"

If Dirk's powers gave him domain over space and the movement of objects then I don't believe he would be continuing to persuade Jade in this scenario. He would have simply moved her body. His powers only give him the ability to frame how other people see events, not fundamentally change them. He can alter someone's mental state by essentially gas-lighting them as a divine voice but he can not do anything beyond that.

Whereas Calliope, being a Muse of Space can affect the physical with her narration. Shown when she throws a bell at Dirk.

"but suddenly, the bell at the top, notorious among locals for its state of disrepair, becomes dislodged from its fixture with a loud crack. the huge, multiton bell plummets, crushing the surrounding staircases in its wake as it careens toward a young man consumed by hubris."

This is one of the only moments I can find that would be construed as Dirk being able to affect the physical with his Narration. In my belief, this is not actually Dirk affecting the world around him but him just relaying an objective thing that happened because Calliope refuses to. Also he doesn't have narration powers in this moment, as Calliope has taken over the reigns on his influence.

DIRK: FIRE.

DIRK: I see. So you’re not going to say what happens next?

DIRK: Is that really how it’s gonna be?

DIRK: So be it.

DIRK: The tranquilizer dart hits the glass of Roxy’s apartment window before the sound from the rifle’s shot even reaches them.

DIRK: She hears the glass break. Seconds later, she hears the bang. She drops her phone on the floor.

DIRK: She doesn’t have the slightest idea what just happened until she looks over at Jade and notices the dart stuck in her neck, right in the jugular vein.

If someone could find an example of Dirk moving physical things with his narration, that would be awesome. This was done pretty quickly so I'm more than willing to say that I'm off base with this one.

Generalrabogolfo

Post by Generalrabogolfo » Sun Jan 12, 2020 5:14 am

so Dirk's narration has to do with emotions and Calliope's with space? seems about right to me.

Kidpen
Classpect: Seer of Mind

Post by Kidpen » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:29 pm

That does feel to me like it puts a bit of a damper on the whole 'Dirk spontaneously manifested the LE poison' thing. That doesn't sound like the sort of thing that would fall into his purview of narration related to Heart.

I also wonder what the difference between, say, an ascended Prince of Heart and an ascended Sylph of Heart (or whatever, that's just an example) would be. Does the class only establish itself in what ends the player uses their powers for, AKA just their personality, or is there a noticeable difference in the things they are capable of doing? I'd like to see more narrative characters, like if Rose figured out how. I very much doubt that'll happen though, Dirk definitely wouldn't want any real competition.

(oh btw standard disclaimer: this may be completely stupid so let me know if it is please)
the epilogues were good.

Generalrabogolfo

Post by Generalrabogolfo » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:41 pm

what i want to see in the new game is more mechanics, more how things work, even if it's just Dirk saying how things work in a boring way. thatll work for me.
Kidpen wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:29 pm
That does feel to me like it puts a bit of a damper on the whole 'Dirk spontaneously manifested the LE poison' thing. That doesn't sound like the sort of thing that would fall into his purview of narration related to Heart.

I also wonder what the difference between, say, an ascended Prince of Heart and an ascended Sylph of Heart (or whatever, that's just an example) would be. Does the class only establish itself in what ends the player uses their powers for, AKA just their personality, or is there a noticeable difference in the things they are capable of doing? I'd like to see more narrative characters, like if Rose figured out how. I very much doubt that'll happen though, Dirk definitely wouldn't want any real competition.

(oh btw standard disclaimer: this may be completely stupid so let me know if it is please)
the 'Dirk invented the Cherub venom to kill John' it's just a theory so, don't use it as face value.
now, the classes obviously work differently. a prince creates destruction of, with, and throughout the aspect they possess. and a maid, for example, generates the healing of, with or throughout the aspect they possess. so no, it's not just their personality. it's also how they use their aspect.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:11 pm

geoshitties wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 4:10 pm
Forsure ! I can totally see that happening aswell! The idea of implanting memories seems like a cool use of a potential godtier Terezi’s powers. Stuff like this also raises the question of the limits of Dirk’s powers. Could he- if he wanted- just jumpstart his whole plan, automatically find the planet, create a God Tier bed for Terezi or make it so they could just bypass the thousands of years they have to wait.

I’ll look into it when I have time this weekend but from my reading it looks as though his influence is more psychological than environmental. It could just be his personal preference, but his powers seem like they are more often than not used to manipulate people rather than the space around him.
Narration is how people ike Dirk and Calliope kinda Q the situation, manipulate reality.

But i think that Dirk might actually be able to just, GET a sacrifice bed maybe. His new captchalogue is suspicious. In fact i think it might be some equivalent of a Console Command even. The real issue would be ensuring that Terezi god tiered when she wasn't meant to originally, but his power over the narrative would prevent a doomed timeline easily..

JakeMorph

Post by JakeMorph » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:28 pm

I think part of the magic of a character-author is that you can never be sure whether they're speaking events into existence or simply narrating what would have happened anyway. If John had died a Just death and Dirk had lied and said he simply wasted away into nothing, would it have made a difference if the end result was the same? Did Dirk "make" him die from cherub poison just by saying that he did? Is it possible to ever find out the truth, and would it matter if we did? These are the sorts of questions integral to this kind of meta storytelling.

Until the question is explicitly evoked in the text, I think it should be assumed that everything narrated by Dirk COULD have been caused by him, and also could have NOT been.

That being said, I think we should take this conversation between the Dead Cherub and Aradia pretty seriously when thinking about these questions:
JADE: what’s your favorite story?
[...]
ARADIA: ok
ARADIA: theres a famous religious story from my planet
ARADIA: about someone called the signless

[...]
JADE: how would you tell his story, if you were trying to be as brief as possible?
ARADIA: well
ARADIA: a religious martyr attempted to lead a rebellion but he was killed in a horrible way and shouted a very loud rude word in the process

JADE: that’s good.
JADE: try making it shorter though.

[...]
ARADIA: a martyr died and said fuck
JADE: perfect.
ARADIA: what is the point of this
JADE: to establish an extremely short narrative for certain illustrative purposes.
JADE: i’m going to repeat your story to you, and i want you to listen carefully.
JADE: a martyr died and said fuck.

ARADIA: ok i listened
ARADIA: thats definitely the short story i just said

JADE: yes.
JADE: now i’m going to repeat the story, but change the way i say it very slightly.
JADE: listen again carefully.

ARADIA: ...
JADE:
a martyr died and said fuck.
ARADIA: hmm
ARADIA: yes that was a little different
ARADIA: im not sure that i could describe how though it was pretty subtle

JADE: you noticed because i told you to pay attention for a difference.
JADE: you noticed because you were alert to the fact that there was even something to notice at all.
JADE: and if you had not been alert to the fact that something could be different about the nature of the voice telling your story, or to the fact that such differences had a certain significance, you likely would not have noticed.
what the Cherub seems to be implying here is that the same story told by different narrators would still be the "same story": it's only the change of narrator, in and of itself, that recontextualises the story. so for example maybe John would have been affected by cherub poison no matter who was telling his story, but the fact that Dirk is the one to tell us that it happened tells us something about why or how he was affected.

one could easily dismiss it all as a bit of esoteric wank
mod on the mspa wiki

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:24 am

JakeMorph wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:28 pm
I think part of the magic of a character-author is that you can never be sure whether they're speaking events into existence or simply narrating what would have happened anyway. If John had died a Just death and Dirk had lied and said he simply wasted away into nothing, would it have made a difference if the end result was the same? Did Dirk "make" him die from cherub poison just by saying that he did? Is it possible to ever find out the truth, and would it matter if we did? These are the sorts of questions integral to this kind of meta storytelling.

Until the question is explicitly evoked in the text, I think it should be assumed that everything narrated by Dirk COULD have been caused by him, and also could have NOT been.

That being said, I think we should take this conversation between the Dead Cherub and Aradia pretty seriously when thinking about these questions:
JADE: what’s your favorite story?
[...]
ARADIA: theres a famous religious story from my planet
ARADIA: about someone called the signless

[...]
JADE: how would you tell his story, if you were trying to be as brief as possible?
ARADIA: well
ARADIA: a religious martyr attempted to lead a rebellion but he was killed in a horrible way and shouted a very loud rude word in the process

JADE: that’s good.
JADE: try making it shorter though.

[...]
ARADIA: a martyr died and said fuck
JADE: perfect.
ARADIA: what is the point of this
JADE: to establish an extremely short narrative for certain illustrative purposes.
JADE: i’m going to repeat your story to you, and i want you to listen carefully.
JADE: a martyr died and said fuck.

ARADIA: ok i listened
ARADIA: thats definitely the short story i just said

JADE: now i’m going to repeat the story, but change the way i say it very slightly.
JADE: listen again carefully.

ARADIA: ...
JADE:
a martyr died and said fuck.
ARADIA: hmm
ARADIA: yes that was a little different
ARADIA: im not sure that i could describe how though it was pretty subtle

JADE: you noticed because i told you to pay attention for a difference.
JADE: you noticed because you were alert to the fact that there was even something to notice at all.
JADE: and if you had not been alert to the fact that something could be different about the nature of the voice telling your story, or to the fact that such differences had a certain significance, you likely would not have noticed.
what the Cherub seems to be implying here is that the same story told by different narrators would still be the "same story": it's only the change of narrator, in and of itself, that recontextualises the story. so for example maybe John would have been affected by cherub poison no matter who was telling his story, but the fact that Dirk is the one to tell us that it happened tells us something about why or how he was affected.

one could easily dismiss it all as a bit of esoteric wank
Let's face it friend, Esoteric wank is basically the paradox space version of the God particle.

I would say it would. Something 'erasing' john is different than him just dying. If he died a just or heroic death he could be revived by Jane. It might also have implications when it comes to ever reviving him. If he is 'erased' it might mean the poison or mind-trick affect his Ultimate self. Either it is convinced it is dead, or it is actually poisoned and either dead or dying. Which could possibly impact the ability to even create another John let alone revive him. Basically, there was no way for Jane to revive him so there is something far worse going on than a normal death, whatever it is.

I think there are two forms of Narration. Passive and Active. Passive narration happens when the narrator just observe and shows the scene, either via text of image. Oddly enough i think we see it a lot during the Retcon stuff. No one is narrating, its just John following the instructions. Active narration is when the narration is used to direct an individual. We saw it a lot earlier on in homestuck with the commands to do silly stuff. And especially whenever the Narrator wants them to do something.

I think we can presume only Calliope and Dirk are capable of the active kind at this time. The passive kind may be in the possession of Rosebot and Davebot presumably but we don't know what they are capable of at this time. Rose is not aware of Dirk's narrations. But it doesn't mean she is incapable of a similar feat. It brings into question Doc SCratch's abilities too. Is he capable of active narration or only passive narration?
And can passive narration be used to create a story at all? Or does one need the ability to narrate actively?

Also i am not gonna lie, i am extremely suspicious of Aradia. Like, what if she is bullshitting about not being able to hear narration?

Also if someone can take over someone's else story, then that kinda puts a lot of large question marks throughout homestuck.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diegesis i think this could be a possible term for narrative powers in general

Generalrabogolfo

Post by Generalrabogolfo » Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:41 am

thorondraco wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:24 am
snip
the active narration has never been exclusive tho. the exiles had it, and even terezi has it on the first pages of h^2. yeah, the exiles dont count at this point of the story, but the command machine is still on the ship for everyone to casually come across and start doing shit. but even then, if we see it with this angle, it doesnt really makes sense. yeah, dirk and calliope have active narration because they give commands to others, but they also have passive, (which i doubt davebot or rosebot have at all btw), because if they hadn't, the epilogues wouldn't make sense at all.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:28 am

Generalrabogolfo wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 2:41 am
thorondraco wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:24 am
snip
the active narration has never been exclusive tho. the exiles had it, and even terezi has it on the first pages of h^2. yeah, the exiles dont count at this point of the story, but the command machine is still on the ship for everyone to casually come across and start doing shit. but even then, if we see it with this angle, it doesnt really makes sense. yeah, dirk and calliope have active narration because they give commands to others, but they also have passive, (which i doubt davebot or rosebot have at all btw), because if they hadn't, the epilogues wouldn't make sense at all.
The difference i can see is that the people at the machines have no actual power over the narrative and its influence is very flawed in comparison. Almost no one notices dirk's narration let alone Hussie's. But everyone affected by the Command machines has a level of awareness of something being, off. Seers being completely aware of the commands.
Its like a mechanical reproduction of the Narrative powers. Fuck maybe its literally a mechanical reproduction of narrative powers.

Also you would need the ability to perceive an event on the meta level in order to even control it via active narration. They are parts of the same skillset rather than seperate abilities. Passive narration is more liek a base form if anything. Though it would make sense that Rose has some kind of skill akin to it. Though if she has no narration powers she can at least perceive events elsewhere

Generalrabogolfo

Post by Generalrabogolfo » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:46 am

thorondraco wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:28 am
The difference i can see is that the people at the machines have no actual power over the narrative and its influence is very flawed in comparison. Almost no one notices dirk's narration let alone Hussie's. But everyone affected by the Command machines has a level of awareness of something being, off. Seers being completely aware of the commands.
as dirk says, someone skilled enough could make it work in a way that no one would notice. all it takes its understanding the person youre commanding so they dont realize they are being commanded at all, so they think its their own thoughts and ideas. hell, even dirk is fooled by it at first with terezi's commands.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:02 am

Generalrabogolfo wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:46 am
thorondraco wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:28 am
as dirk says, someone skilled enough could make it work in a way that no one would notice. all it takes its understanding the person youre commanding so they dont realize they are being commanded at all, so they think its their own thoughts and ideas. hell, even dirk is fooled by it at first with terezi's commands.
There may be some truth to that but i doubt it works exactly like that. Because if whomever is using the device doesn't do what they re destined to do with it,they generate a doomed timeline. Cause the user of these consoles will almost certainly always be there because of the narrative.
And is likely seer or theoretically a mage would be able to tell the difference anyway even if it is going along their normal behavior. Both Rose and Terezi state that the voices was quite clear to them.

Basically the machine cannot Define what is canon to the story and still has to play by those rules. I don't think Dirk can change what has already been written and seen but he probably can define the direction of the story. The machine remains an instrument of a session. Though i imagine that dirk could theoretically use his powers to help someone ensure that whatever they use such a machine for is canon however.

JakeMorph

Post by JakeMorph » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:24 am

how exactly does one decide what is canon? does he get a list of options that he gets to choose from?
mod on the mspa wiki

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:38 am

JakeMorph wrote:
Mon Jan 13, 2020 5:24 am
how exactly does one decide what is canon? does he get a list of options that he gets to choose from?
That is kind of the big question. What allowed Hussie, allows Dirk and even allowed John to decide what is canon? What mechanism of reality are they tapping into? That kinda needs answered at some point. What lets someone author a story?

I sorta have a theory that there is a 'script'. Basically the intentions of the story and what it leads too. Presumably super malleable until the story is shown and such. Basically its the crux of the alpha timeline. Could be sburb makes it more restrictive by creating a timeloop, and forces the script to loop back unto itself to restrict what can be altered.
I imagine someone with the power to decide canon could still determine if an action can fit into canon if he narrates it so or something akin to that. It might still force them to make sure it fits the loop.

Wait, i just realized the term Script could possibly work two ways. Both the vague written form of a story, and scripting language that is used to execute a program. https://www.computerhope.com/jargon/s/script.htm

egg
Pronouns: any
Classpect: Prince of Breath

Post by egg » Fri Jan 17, 2020 5:40 pm

It would be a shitty game, as cannons would no longer exist in a post-cannon world. Unless post-cannon means said world was destroyed by cannons, and I'd always be up to seeing a story told in a setting that is already going through an apocalypse.
I am a person who has English as their second language. Please bear with me.