GLUUUUB!!

Discuss Pesterquest, Psycholonials, Homestuck^2, and other related works here!
Sahxyel

Re: GLUUUUB!!

Post by Sahxyel » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:45 am

Generalrabogolfo wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 1:54 am
this boi must be protected.
also, Redemption Arc Incoming?????????
With the nature of Pesterquest as it is can he even have a redemption arc when he hasn't done anything 'wrong' yet? Vriska still crippled Tavros, murdered Aradia, and blinded Terezi before SGRUB even started, but Eridan just did his own thing up until the game starts. This Eridan we see is still Feferi's Moirail, still has his pretty good life on Alternia (for him anyway), and his land-dweller genocide plans are all backburned in favor of the Glyb-feedings which is like some full-time job apparently.

If say someone who knew what he could become interjects in an attempt to save him from becoming a friendkiller and hopeless mess then what would we call that?

:professor: Just a thought!
:professor: Honeybee Professor Says: Problem Sleuth is better than Homestuck!

It's a mathematical fact!

VASKA
Pronouns: She/her, They/them
Moon: Derse

Post by VASKA » Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:50 am

Sahxyel wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:45 am
Generalrabogolfo wrote:
With the nature of Pesterquest as it is can he even have a redemption arc when he hasn't done anything 'wrong' yet? Vriska still crippled Tavros, murdered Aradia, and blinded Terezi before SGRUB even started, but Eridan just did his own thing up until the game starts. This Eridan we see is still Feferi's Moirail, still has his pretty good life on Alternia (for him anyway), and his land-dweller genocide plans are all backburned in favor of the Glyb-feedings which is like some full-time job apparently.

If say someone who knew what he could become interjects in an attempt to save him from becoming a friendkiller and hopeless mess then what would we call that?

undemption arc
Only cuties survive the near future

magnanimousLad

Post by magnanimousLad » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:02 am

Sahxyel wrote:
Generalrabogolfo wrote:

It's more of a "travelling back in time to make sure Hitler gets into art school" sort of situation, in my mind.

calamityCons
Pronouns: they/he
Classpect: Prince of Doom

Post by calamityCons » Thu Jan 09, 2020 8:45 am

They say an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Therefor, I’d call it a Prevention Arc!
#ReviveSpadesSlick #WVForNarrativeRelevance

Drinosi
Classpect: Mage of Blood

Post by Drinosi » Thu Jan 09, 2020 9:30 am

Generalrabogolfo wrote:
Sahxyel wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:21 am
I hope so!!!!! He has been a fav of mine forever and I would love to see him have some serious importance and impact. He is one of the trolls I was most interested in seeing because I really wanted to see something truly amazing from them. The other I was super excited about was Aradia because I always thought she could have had so much more, and her route didn't disappoint. I hope the trend continues because I really wwant to see him be more than wwhat wwas wwritten for him in the past.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Thu Jan 09, 2020 12:09 pm

Sahxyel wrote:
Generalrabogolfo wrote:

He did murder a lot of peole playing Flarp and might not have remorse for it, yet. But this is before he does anything.

Course with gamzee it seems implied he is doomed to be a monster cause he has voices commanding him to be one.

VASKA
Pronouns: She/her, They/them

Post by VASKA » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:22 pm

i dont think gamzee ever mentions hearing voices? i think hes just supposed to be... like that.

but yes, my beautiful and perfect son is getting more content, finally.
Only cuties survive the near future

JakeMorph

Post by JakeMorph » Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:36 pm

eridan is still a racist if he hasn't commited his racist hatecrime yet. I'd say that's hopefully something the protagonist will try to remedy??
mod on the mspa wiki

calamityCons
Pronouns: they/he
Classpect: Prince of Doom

Post by calamityCons » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:15 pm

I sure hope so. Equius is racist too, but his racism was explored in a new way that made it more understandable in his PQ route. Racism is still objectively bad and it is bad that Equius believed in that system, but he was shown to only really adhere to it out of a sense of loss and a lack of direction in his life without the hemospectrum values he grew up with. With any luck Eridan can lean into the implications already extant in OG Homestuck where his genocidal tendencies were a front because he's just roleplaying all the time. Like a theater boy who loves military history a bit too much. Or maybe he's revealed to just genuinely be an asshole for no reason and goes all Troll Medicalist or something. I don't know. I hope for the former, but Eridan is sufficiently shitty to wind up being a Jerk with a heart of Jerk.
#ReviveSpadesSlick #WVForNarrativeRelevance

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Thu Jan 09, 2020 3:19 pm

VASKA wrote:
Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:22 pm
i dont think gamzee ever mentions hearing voices? i think hes just supposed to be... like that.

but yes, my beautiful and perfect son is getting more content, finally.
In his bad route he talks about how he was told to do what he was doing. The sopor slime seems to surpress these vioces. Which could either be the Narrator talking into his head or lord english's influence.

to be clear though, when the reader ate sopor he began to resist the control he was under.