BEYOND KARKALICIOUS: every *other* homestuck lyric that was ever set to music

Discuss Pesterquest, Psycholonials, Homestuck^2, and other related works here!
spankety

BEYOND KARKALICIOUS: every *other* homestuck lyric that was ever set to music

Post by spankety » Mon Nov 11, 2019 4:55 am

(putting it here and not in Projects because... it's a collection of fanworks, with some project-like features, but my focus is really on facilitating access to the finished fanworks as they are.

edit: now that this board has been clarified to refer to post-canon and not just general fanworks, i think this could also be at home in Fan Projects.)

This archive is over 18GB and features fully populated metadata, helpful cover art on artless tracks, and 99.99% of tracks are sortable by character. I aimed to collect every Homestuck vocal/cover song on Tindeck.com (but not exclusive to there--and I also save recent stuff). There are 4921 tracks, about 4720 of them are songs sung by fans. The rest are Ke$hastuck/mashups, spoken VA work, or other music things. There are no official tracks and no otherwise tipped/paid music--PhemieC and Rosielord's stuff is on their bandcamps.

Content warnings generally apply for homophobic/ableist slurs and disturbing themes that are largely canon-typical.

Like Aradia? She's the most popular with 324 solo tracks.
Heard Karkalicious? How about the -612 REMIX-?
Wish there was a Homestuck Musical? There's like four of them. And a Hiveswap one.
Like My Hero Academia? Want to hear Deku's VA cover Dualscar singing "Part Of Your World"?
Would you like to be/tanglebuddies/in a horrorterror's garden/in the shade?

Were you busy doing other things like going to elementary school or having a life in 2012 and missed peak homestuck? Want to know what the soundtrack of that time was? It was this.
I hope you find at least a handful of tracks in here that remind you what excites you about Homestuck.

I can:
  • Help find partially-remembered/lost songs
  • Recommend new songs given your tastes/criteria
  • Transcribe song lyrics on a per-song request basis
  • Edit or remove attribution (pm/email me)
See readme.txt for more info, including my Wishlist and links out to other archives where you can find more than 7500 instrumental homestuck fansongs.

What is your favorite vocal homestuck song? Am i conspicuously missing it? What can I help you find? Who's your favorite character? What do you absolutely bet there's not a song about? Do you wish there was or shall I leave you in blissful ignorance? Is there a track that's been nagging you for years that you're not sure whether or not it came to you in a dream? AMA.

Cheshire_Creeper

Re: BEYOND KARKALICIOUS: every *other* homestuck lyric that was ever set to music

Post by Cheshire_Creeper » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:30 pm

I must know:
Did they ever do something by Oingo Boing (specifically "Dead Man's Party?")
OR
Did they ever do "The Mind Electric" for Dirk Strider?
OR
Did they ever do ANYTHING by They Might Be Giants/Barenaked Ladies?
I have an ill-advised plan...what else is new?
https://mspfa.com/user/?u=108518406857173018839

Drinosi
Classpect: Mage of Blood
Moon: Derse

Re: BEYOND KARKALICIOUS: every *other* homestuck lyric that was ever set to music

Post by Drinosi » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:52 am

Thank you so much for taking all the time to set this up! Some of these songs I've heard once or twice, absolutely loved, then was never able to find again! This has literally made my day..week..month..yeah you get the point! :pumpkin:

spankety

Post by spankety » Fri Nov 15, 2019 3:42 am

Cheshire_Creeper wrote:
Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:30 pm
I must know:
Did they ever do something by Oingo Boing (specifically "Dead Man's Party?")
OR
Did they ever do "The Mind Electric" for Dirk Strider?
OR
Did they ever do ANYTHING by They Might Be Giants/Barenaked Ladies?
So... since my Musical Education consists entirely of, uh, Enya and eastern American maritime work songs. I'm pretty weak on actually identifying what the source songs are until I happen to run into it in the wild, so I'm much better at matching individual songs than entire artists.

(There is no enya fwiw)

I don't think there's any of the Dead Man's Party, but Mr. Roboto came up in the related vids when I went to see what it was, and there IS an a version of *that* for Lil Hal by youtube user Seahorse Trash it's also the only full length hal song off the top of my head. Not a tooon of synth in general is coming to mind.

That's a no on the dirk one, seems a bit more recent than the majority, and Dirk is relatively sparse to start with--all the human boys are but Dave and that's only because one guy made 60 Dave raps by himself.

I'm surprised and tentative on saying there's none of those last two either, but i didn't find any matches listening through a handful of clips.

Drinosi wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:52 am
Thank you so much for taking all the time to set this up! Some of these songs I've heard once or twice, absolutely loved, then was never able to find again! This has literally made my day..week..month..yeah you get the point! :pumpkin:
You're welcome! I hope you find things you didn't know you were missing out on too!