Catnapped, Part 2 Discussion

Discuss Pesterquest, Psycholonials, Homestuck^2, and other related works here!
thorondraco

Re: Catnapped, Part 2 Discussion

Post by thorondraco » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:37 am

rubs juice wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:49 am
I for one am happy that Problem Sleuth was given some love
Also by the name of the city they are, it might even feature the Midnight Crew at some point. And if that's the case I might just shit
Could see old Jack noir again.

I am honestly curious of whether or not we learn where the rest of the sprites are more than anything.

JakeMorph

Post by JakeMorph » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:04 pm

the snapchat updates showed the carapacians preparing to blow a hole in the earth's moon, which would make it remarkably similar to the moon as depicted in act 1031 of the midnight crew. yes, i am aware the snapchat updates are "non canon", but they include hints toward jane's struggle with the trolls and her Condescensionesque qualities, so I'm inclined to think the epilogues might be working off of a similar plot outline. that plot outline may well include "problem sleuth and the midnight crew live on earth C".
mod on the mspa wiki

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:12 pm

JakeMorph wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:04 pm
the snapchat updates showed the carapacians preparing to blow a hole in the earth's moon, which would make it remarkably similar to the moon as depicted in act 1031 of the midnight crew. yes, i am aware the snapchat updates are "non canon", but they include hints toward jane's struggle with the trolls and her Condescensionesque qualities, so I'm inclined to think the epilogues might be working off of a similar plot outline. that plot outline may well include "problem sleuth and the midnight crew live on earth C".
here is what i wonder about those snapchats. are the non canon in general, nevah happened in general.

or are they non canon in a doomed timeline, retcon overwrite sorta way? They were what was supposed to happen, but they got overwritten?

JakeMorph

Post by JakeMorph » Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:18 pm

not only are you thinking about it way too hard (the snapchats were written by cohen, cohen left what pumpkin, they stopped being made, ergo they are not canon) but i also don't see why the distinction matters? part of the point is that it's the same either way
mod on the mspa wiki

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Tue Jan 07, 2020 9:29 pm

JakeMorph wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 8:18 pm
not only are you thinking about it way too hard (the snapchats were written by cohen, cohen left what pumpkin, they stopped being made, ergo they are not canon) but i also don't see why the distinction matters? part of the point is that it's the same either way
Well yea he left but that doesn't mean they don't still apply to some degree. Many of the ideas introduced were used in the epilogues after all, if in different forms.

Point is that it would indicate someone altered reality during this time and redacted the snapchats. Basically that is what these powers allow, to change reality and yet make it seem like it was always on that course. Its kinda horrifying.

I have recently gotten into reading some sCP foundation stuff and there are similar elements there at times. Entities that can make a man cease to exist or alter outcomes and non would be the wiser. If they are applying their in unvierse shenanigans to the noncanoncity of the snapchats then it could be an indicator that reality was altered.

If not then they decided to redact them out of universe. It easily could go either way.

JakeMorph

Post by JakeMorph » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:00 pm

someone doesn't need to alter an offshoot for it to stop being alpha or canon. doomed timelines are caused by decision making all the time.
mod on the mspa wiki

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:19 pm

JakeMorph wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:00 pm
someone doesn't need to alter an offshoot for it to stop being alpha or canon. doomed timelines are caused by decision making all the time.
except it was obviously the alpha, at least it was before

JakeMorph

Post by JakeMorph » Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:57 pm

based on what?
mod on the mspa wiki

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Tue Jan 07, 2020 11:03 pm

JakeMorph wrote:
Tue Jan 07, 2020 10:57 pm
based on what?
honestly if this was a normal series, i would say that it was just a concept that was abandoned. hoemstuck is not normal so the possibility of this meaning something is actually possible.

Honestly if it DOES mean something it makes more sense that it was overwritten than us viewing into a doomed timeline.