What is the Timeline of HS^2 right now?

Discuss Pesterquest, Psycholonials, Homestuck^2, and other related works here!
thorondraco

What is the Timeline of HS^2 right now?

Post by thorondraco » Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:08 am

So it seems like we are sticking to the Candy timeline for the foreseeable future. However there seems to be something odd going on with the timeline.

IT appears as if the 2 chapters are happening near simultaneously which leaves a few big questions. For starters, it at first seemed like these events were happening after the epilogues. It is never specifically stated but it had this feeling that this was at some point after Calliope left. There was also the weird inconsistency, or apparent one, where Jane doesn't even seem to know bout the divorce papers or anything.

Then comes yesterday' second chapter, and we have things picking up directly after Vriska texts Terezi and ends up trying to dispose of Gamzee's corpse. However as said it appears as if these incidents are happening side by side and it seems like Vriska spent the whole night texting TErezi. Which is reasonable i suppose. However this seems to contradict a few things. That Jake had been living with John for several days, a week approximately, so why is he with Jane. And what about those damn divorce papers?

It could just be some mistakes. They nailed a lot of other details, that John's home was a total mess for example. But seem to be overlooking the detailed amount of time here and a couple of other things perhaps. It is a lot to work with.

At this point i think the most likely possibility is that this is actually taking place a week before Calliope's departure. Or, even more likely, that this segment of the story takes place over the week itself. That Jake simply continued to live in John's house while secretly meeting Jane ever day or so maybe. He faked the divorce papers because he couldn't bring himself to admit he was still seeing Jane, even if it was for the purpose of espionage. And in some way all of these may in fact lead up to Calliope's portal. She rather strangely, just gazed into the portal for a long, time. Hmm.

It is also possible that there is some greater shenanigans afoot than that but i think its the most reasonable. Unless anyone has their own theories?

RoyalFiddle
Classpect: Mage of Time
Moon: Prospit

Re: What is the Timeline of HS^2 right now?

Post by RoyalFiddle » Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:31 pm

It's pretty important to note that time not passing in a way that makes sense is already something that's be established in the candy timeline prior.
ROS3S 4R3 BL4CK
V1OL3TS 4R3 BL4CK
3V3RYTH1NG 1S BL4CK
1M BL1ND
>:]

JakeMorph

Post by JakeMorph » Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:28 pm

RoyalFiddle wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:31 pm
It's pretty important to note that time not passing in a way that makes sense is already something that's be established in the candy timeline prior.
in what way??
mod on the mspa wiki

RoyalFiddle
Classpect: Mage of Time
Moon: Prospit

Post by RoyalFiddle » Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:46 pm

I can't remember which chapter but at one point in candy the kids talk about how fucky their reality of time is, I know it's towards the end though.
ROS3S 4R3 BL4CK
V1OL3TS 4R3 BL4CK
3V3RYTH1NG 1S BL4CK
1M BL1ND
>:]

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Thu Dec 26, 2019 8:09 am

JakeMorph wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 8:28 pm
RoyalFiddle wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 7:31 pm
in what way??
The only thing i remember is that terezi kept on de-syncing with the timeline whenever she wasn't directly communicating. I think at one point she waited only five minutes to answer, and 5 months passed in the Candy timeline. Though that might have been because she was in the white void maybe.

think what is going on is that this is literally happening a literal day after Vriska arrived. And it may be we are sticking to Candy throughout that whole week John mentioned passed before he met with Roxy and his drive with his son.