Is Harry Anderson a chad?

Discuss Pesterquest, Psycholonials, Homestuck^2, and other related works here!
Pi
Pronouns: Pey/Pem
Classpect: Shark of Piss
Moon: Prospit

Is Harry Anderson a chad?

Post by Pi » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:12 pm

He's a total dweeb - but so is Sollux, and Sollux is the most chaddish character in all of HS 1.

TH4NK YOU B3N
Pronouns: he/him
Classpect: Mage of Heart

Re: Is Harry Anderson a chad?

Post by TH4NK YOU B3N » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:18 pm

What's the evidence for him being a dweeb?
only bad takes here

BrobyDDark

Post by BrobyDDark » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:47 pm

TH4NK YOU B3N wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:18 pm
What's the evidence for him being a dweeb?
He's John's kid. Dweebiness is inheritable.

Sokota
Pronouns: he/they

Post by Sokota » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:57 pm

Harry Anderson would probably take you to Italy and drive you around Napoli with a Vespa, blasting 70's disco.

That is all there is to say on the matter.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:58 pm

He is a hybrid of a pretty boy and a nerd.

VASKA
Pronouns: She/her, They/them
Moon: Derse

Post by VASKA » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:59 pm

thorondraco wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:58 pm
It's very concerning that I don't know which parent is supposed to be which
Only cuties survive the near future

JakeMorph

Post by JakeMorph » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:07 pm

in what world is sollux a chad
mod on the mspa wiki

VASKA

Post by VASKA » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:19 pm

Sollux is unambiguously a chad. Trolls bent over backwards for a taste of that honey since his introduction.

JakeMorph

Post by JakeMorph » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:21 pm

sollux has way too many mental issues to be a chad. you count two girlfriends as chaddery and suddenly karkat is a chad and at that point you're in an alternate universe
mod on the mspa wiki

BrobyDDark

Post by BrobyDDark » Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:37 pm

List of chads in the Homestuck universe:

John
Bro Strider
Dave
Harry Anderson

List of non-chads:

Everyone else

TH4NK YOU B3N
Pronouns: he/him
Classpect: Mage of Heart

Post by TH4NK YOU B3N » Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:21 am

JakeMorph wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:21 pm
sollux has way too many mental issues to be a chad. you count two girlfriends as chaddery and suddenly karkat is a chad and at that point you're in an alternate universe
">mfw I am Chad but I have psychological problems so i am stuck with you dumb virgins"
only bad takes here

Pi
Pronouns: Pey/Pem
Classpect: Shark of Piss

Post by Pi » Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:59 am

BrobyDDark wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:37 pm
List of chads in the Homestuck universe:

John
Bro Strider
Dave
Harry Anderson

List of non-chads:

Everyone else
Bro is a Dirk splinter and thus can't possibly be a chad, extracanonical appeal notwithstanding. And Sollux is 100% a chad.

JakeMorph wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 11:21 pm
I'm definitely not a fan of this take and I still think Sollux is a chad.

BUT. This thread is about Harry Anderson, and I'd really like to see more discussion about him, specifically arguments for or against him being a chad.

ZingDev
Pronouns: Male

Post by ZingDev » Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:06 am

VASKA wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:59 pm
thorondraco wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:58 pm
It's very concerning that I don't know which parent is supposed to be which
the true answer is yes

VASKA

Post by VASKA » Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:16 am

I think it's important to realize that the Chad stands in opposition to the incel. Going by the definitions and hypotheses of modern Chanology, we can say that the incel is considered to be one lacking in genetic blessings, and therefor an inherent difficultly (or impossibility) in finding a mate is created. The "Chad" gene is recessive while the "incel" gene is dominant, and effects both appearance and behavior.

So logically, to determine the objective "Chad Factor" of Harry Anderson, we must look at the genetic makeup of his parents. It is very obvious that Roxy Lalonde carries the Chad gene, being both an attractive woman in some timelines, as well as occasionally an alpha male themself. John is a noted looker, as well as having an open, warm personality that draws in potential mates, and is the literal alpha male of his social circle, being their friendleader.

Since the Chad Gene is recessive, this means both parents must carry two chad genes, and therefore pass two chad genes along to their offspring, meaning Harry Anderson is scientifically a chad.

BrobyDDark

Post by BrobyDDark » Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:24 am

VASKA wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:16 am
I think it's important to realize that the Chad stands in opposition to the incel. Going by the definitions and hypotheses of modern Chanology, we can say that the incel is considered to be one lacking in genetic blessings, and therefor an inherent difficultly (or impossibility) in finding a mate is created. The "Chad" gene is recessive while the "incel" gene is dominant, and effects both appearance and behavior.
No, this is false. Chad vs virgin isn't about genetics, it's about outlook and confidence. The virgin slouches. Why? Because he is unsure of himself. The virgin wears moody clothing. Why? He prefers not standing out. The virgin has pale skin. Why? He doesn't wanna go outside.

The meme implies that if the virgin applied himself, socially, he could be just as Chad as the Chad, who does stupid shit all the time, but nobody hates him for it because he's a social paragon who makes friends and keeps them close.

Incels are created by those who don't attempt to apply themselves, and reject confidence, outlook, and hygiene. To them, it's not about being the best you can be, but assuming that Chads never have to try. So, they never have to try, because it's pointless to put themselves on Chad's level. Incels believe that women don't date them because they were never gonna be good enough.

None of the male Trolls are chads because they're all ludicrously insecure and don't apply themselves.

JakeMorph

Post by JakeMorph » Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:32 am

in terms of the origin of the phrase among moron circles on 4chan being a "chad" is definitely about genetics, the whole idea being that confident people are confident because their attractive genetic makeup allows them to be, whereas incels are unhappy simply because their genes make them ugly and unable to form relationships.

obviously none of that is fucking real, but the virgin vs chad meme is also just about "people I think are uncool vs people I think are cool" so that's not really a judge of character either. so I think Harry Anderson is a chad just for being named after the guy from Night Court
mod on the mspa wiki

egg
Pronouns: any
Classpect: Prince of Breath

Post by egg » Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:43 am

I am a person who has English as their second language. Please bear with me.

BrobyDDark

Post by BrobyDDark » Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:54 am

JakeMorph wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:32 am
in terms of the origin of the phrase among moron circles on 4chan being a "chad" is definitely about genetics, the whole idea being that confident people are confident because their attractive genetic makeup allows them to be, whereas incels are unhappy simply because their genes make them ugly and unable to form relationships.

obviously none of that is fucking real, but the virgin vs chad meme is also just about "people I think are uncool vs people I think are cool" so that's not really a judge of character either. so I think Harry Anderson is a chad just for being named after the guy from Night Court
I have a degree in memeology, and the virgin vs chad thing has an interesting history to it. Originally, it started out mocking the type of people you describe who believe it's about genetics, as the Chad character would do outrageously dumb shit but still be a Chad because of his appearance, while the Virgin character would be shunned for walking normally or sitting down like a normal human being. Then it evolved into "thing I don't like vs thing I like", which was a dark period for the meme as it passed from its roots of mocking a sub-culture of people on reddit and 4chan for believing such trite. In its final stages, it is now a parody of itself, discussing how the virgin character could very well be the actual chad due to acting like a normal human being, or how the Virgin and Chad could help eachother with their flaws by being friends. Kings helping Kings and such, as seen in a popular webcomic called "Jock and Nerd" which is a much more wholesome version of this relationship.

In Homestuck, most of the male characters are Chads, simply for being outgoing, confident people who are kind to others. As are most of the female characters Stacies for the same reason.

In the end, that makes Harry Anderson a Chad, and that's all that matters.

egg
Pronouns: any
Classpect: Prince of Breath

Post by egg » Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:00 am

BrobyDDark wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:54 am
virgin vs chad
Virgin vs Chad actually has a few additional characters that go even further, such as Thad, who is so unbelievably ridiculous that his actions are entirely fantastical in nature, and 'Lad', who is So Chadly that he loops back to being completely unlikeable.
Last edited by egg on Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
I am a person who has English as their second language. Please bear with me.

BrobyDDark

Post by BrobyDDark » Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:32 am

egg wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:00 am
BrobyDDark wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 2:54 am
virgin vs chad
Virgin vs Chad actually has a few additional characters that go even further, such as Thad, who is so unbelievably ridiculous that his actions are entirely fantastical in nature, and 'Lad', who is So Chadly that he lopps back to being completely unlikeable.
So, would Jake be a Thad or a Lad? I'm leaning towards Lad.