HS^2: Chapter 2 is out

Discuss Pesterquest, Psycholonials, Homestuck^2, and other related works here!
thorondraco

Re: HS^2: Chapter 2 is out

Post by thorondraco » Tue Dec 24, 2019 10:27 pm

epsilondraconis wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 9:47 pm
I'm slightly confused about the timeline here... I'm assuming all of the events of Chapter 2 take place immediately after the events of the epilogue, which means Vriska falls through the black hole, meets John, kills Gamzee, meets Vrissy, and then goes to the school all in one day. A few hours after John witnesses Vriska and Gamzee going at it, John talks to Jake who had decided to take Tavros and leave Jane, and Chapter 1 takes place after this. But now we see that Chapter 2 takes place on the same day as Chapter 1, which means all of this took place on the same day?
Okay so it seems like it really has been within twentyfour hours i think?
Back in the previous update Jake mentions his son is probably visiting vriska, implying that at this point Tavros is picking up the vriskas and gamzee's corpse. But the dialogue does NOT say he has been there for weeks exactly but you get this weird feeling he had been for some reason... Though it is possible that John simply hadn't been home for a long time maybe just, dicking around. This may be more early morning. Its possible the vriskas spent all night preparing that text for Terezi. Seems likely for Vriska.

So basically John was probably out visiting roxie that night. The divorce papers haven't even reached Jane yet at this point so she had no idea. He hadn't come back yet cause still visiting and or learned that Dave was dead.

It states 'minutes in the past but not many' so its implying this was happening a few minutes before Jake.

So all of this happening about last night and John got inspired to patch up his connection to Roxie and Harry and bit, which is what lead to Harry being pretty content looking the next day cause he got to hang out with his dad.

That or Vriska and Vriska spent several days sitting around a decomposing corpse of a Gamzee while Vriska tried to text Terezi.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:20 am

Dream Muttman wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:18 pm
Isn't (Vriska) GodTier?
She is also pretty hurt right now. And probably not taking into account the depths of this threat yet. Even a god tier at her best would struggle against armies. They need to get out of there though cause they are in human territory. Fortunately they got Harry nearby who is probably in 'i need to try and unfuck my girlfriend right now' mode.
that sounded like something else entirely.

Still probably got trolls and a vampire and god witch coming to save them too.

TH4NK YOU B3N
Pronouns: he/him
Classpect: Mage of Heart
Moon: Prospit

Post by TH4NK YOU B3N » Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:32 am

Maybe time is just fucky in Candy because of the black hole? Nah.

I'm guessing Candy omits key details and fucks with our sense of time because it's meant to trick Dirk into thinking he knows the full story.
only bad takes here

JakeMorph

Post by JakeMorph » Wed Dec 25, 2019 12:41 am

im guessing sometimes authors forget things especially if they're writing sequels to something they didn't writer
mod on the mspa wiki

TH4NK YOU B3N
Classpect: Mage of Heart
Moon: Prospit

Post by TH4NK YOU B3N » Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:09 am

damn it's like the literary version of steven universe's refusal to use model sheets
only bad takes here

VASKA
Pronouns: She/her, They/them
Moon: Derse

Post by VASKA » Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:10 am

I'm just going to chalk it up to the epilogues being dense and confusing and the fact that time is often hard to measure in a written medium.
Only cuties survive the near future

epsilondraconis

Post by epsilondraconis » Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:25 am

I suppose it's not totally impossible that everything did take place in the same day (or maybe two consecutive days), although it's a bit unusual. Chapter 1 did have me believe that it had been some time after the Epilogues, but yeah, it's not stated anywhere at all.

An alternative interpretation is that Dave's "death" could occur more or less around the same time as now, so maybe time just gets totally messed up without him around.

Dream Muttman

Post by Dream Muttman » Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:15 am

I don't understand why they won't just shift to and write about new, original characters without baggage. They seem to want to have their cake, using characters like Vriska, and eat it too by treating her like she doesn't have a hundred and one tools to completely bypass all mundane situations. This Vriska has even been shown to time travel in order to replace Gamzee in the continuity of Act 6. She's not on the same plane of competence as regular people. She never was. She could put every human to sleep from the very first panel she appeared in. She's a verisimilitude black hole to this kind of scope.
Witness my golem:
:candy: :meat: :candy:
:candycorn: :candycorn: :candycorn: :candycorn:

Has it grown since you last saw it?

Blob55

Post by Blob55 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:18 am

epsilondraconis wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:25 am
An alternative interpretation is that Dave's "death" could occur more or less around the same time as now, so maybe time just gets totally messed up without him around.
I doubt it, since the gods have their powers nerfed since the session ended, which is why Dave needed the robot body. With him gone it probably doesn't mean anything because he wasn't important enough in Candy to stick around.

Blob55

Post by Blob55 » Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:20 am

Dream Muttman wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:15 am
I don't understand why they won't just shift to and write about new, original characters without baggage. They seem to want to have their cake, using characters like Vriska, and eat it too by treating her like she doesn't have a hundred and one tools to completely bypass all mundane situations. This Vriska has even been shown to time travel in order to replace Gamzee in the continuity of Act 6. She's not on the same plane of competence as regular people. She never was. She could put every human to sleep from the very first panel she appeared in. She's a verisimilitude black hole to this kind of scope.
Since all Godhoods have their powers nerfed now, who's to say Vriska didn't have hers nerfed too?

VASKA

Post by VASKA » Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:25 am

Isn't it only Jade who got nerfed, since they no longer orbit the green sun that provided her first guardian powers? I'm pretty sure everyone else just doesn't use them because they usually aren't relevant, except for Rose, who is apparently using them constantly and against her will.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:26 am

epsilondraconis wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 1:25 am
I suppose it's not totally impossible that everything did take place in the same day (or maybe two consecutive days), although it's a bit unusual. Chapter 1 did have me believe that it had been some time after the Epilogues, but yeah, it's not stated anywhere at all.

There is something weird with the timeline honestly. Jake was supposed to be there a week already yet it seems like the events of the first and second chapter might be happening simultaneously?
A lot of these elements are accurate otherwise. John had let the entire house go to seed and such. But the meeting between Roxie and John is the question and he had supposedly spent the entire week with Jake and Tavros before the meeting was set up.

Most of everything is accurate except the timeline. Which is somewhat of a big thing.

Unless the implication is that the Epilogue as we knew it was altered in some way and this is in fact intentional. Last chapter i sent a twitter to Aysha about how it seems weird that the divorce papers were forgotten and she replied 'yes that is weird' in a cryptic manner.

The simplest possibility i think might be that Jake continues to live in John's house even after all thi incident. That might work

timeline could be thus. An evening passes for everyone. Jake is spending the morning fixing up the place a little, and during this time Jake had gone off to get the Vriskas. The shenanigans happen around the same time, with Jake coming in just as Jane learns of Gamzee's fate and what became of Tavros. And tavros and the vriskas are hiding in a closet waiting for a chance to escape.

Its possible that during this week Jake continues to live in John's house when he isn't spying on Jane for his own sanity. Possibly Tavros secretly lives there too for a while and the Vriska's make it to the Troll rebellion stuff.
It may turn out that the divorce papers were never really sent and Jake does not want John to know he is still seeing Jane, even if its under the pretense of espionage.

Maybe this is leading up to Vriska, and who knows maybe Harry, Vrissy and TAvros, using the portal that Calloipe makes a week later. We know that Calliope hesitates to use the portal for quite some time so maybe she is letting people through?

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:15 am

VASKA wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:25 am
Isn't it only Jade who got nerfed, since they no longer orbit the green sun that provided her first guardian powers? I'm pretty sure everyone else just doesn't use them because they usually aren't relevant, except for Rose, who is apparently using them constantly and against her will.
She was awakening at that point until Candy got cut off. But yea most of them just don't want to use their powers over lacking them. John could probably wreck entire cities if he so wished. Jane is really playing with fire. Many of them could lay waste to entire armies. I think in particular Rose, John, and Jade. Jade is gonna have super motivation for it.

Also i just realized something cause i have been looking into this apparent time discrepancy here. Roxie was saying that thinking about alternate possibility of herself was 'making her lightheaded.' "Edge of her periphery' i think was noted. IT really really sounds like she might be starting to Awaken like rose somehow... Possibly because they are in the 'void' right now. The source of her power. She wasn't cut off like the rest.

JakeMorph

Post by JakeMorph » Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:25 am

Blob55 wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:18 am
I doubt it, since the gods have their powers nerfed since the session ended, which is why Dave needed the robot body. With him gone it probably doesn't mean anything because he wasn't important enough in Candy to stick around.
Dave needed the robot body to be able to ascend to his Ultimate Self. he needed it because of an upgrade, not a nerf.
mod on the mspa wiki

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:29 am

JakeMorph wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:25 am
Blob55 wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:18 am
Dave needed the robot body to be able to ascend to his Ultimate Self. he needed it because of an upgrade, not a nerf.
Worst upgrade ever. Be like if you get a fire flower in mario, and it kills you the moment you turn into fire mario. Even if you have an extra life.

JakeMorph

Post by JakeMorph » Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:38 am

yeah and then mario came back as a robot mario who had infinite lives and all the coins any mario life had ever picked up?
mod on the mspa wiki

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:42 am

JakeMorph wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:38 am
yeah and then mario came back as a robot mario who had infinite lives and all the coins any mario life had ever picked up?
turns out only because luigi is the new villain and more poweful than ever and had to make sure mario is able to fight him.

sigmatic
Classpect: Rogue of Life

Post by sigmatic » Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:11 am

Have there been any prevailing classpect theories on the new epilogue characters (Harry, Tavros, Vrissy) yet?
In any case, it's good to see HS^2 picking up the pace a bit.
Rogue of Life
forums? more like BOREums har har

VASKA

Post by VASKA » Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:22 am

sigmatic wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:11 am
Have there been any prevailing classpect theories on the new epilogue characters (Harry, Tavros, Vrissy) yet?
vrissy is definitely a light player, shes vriskakin and was raised by rose

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:30 am

sigmatic wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 11:11 am
oi think we got the wrong impression. Dirk''s stuff is more of a prolgoue thing. Right now we are doing shit in candy.