HS^2: Chapter 2 is out

Discuss Pesterquest, Psycholonials, Homestuck^2, and other related works here!
ThePungeonMaster
Classpect: Seer of Breath
Moon: Derse

HS^2: Chapter 2 is out

Post by ThePungeonMaster » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:06 pm

https://homestuck2.com/story/57
Here it is: Talk about it
June X Vriska is the best ship.

Darth_Energon

Re: HS^2: Chapter 2 is out

Post by Darth_Energon » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:11 pm

gamer.png
gamer.png (6.2 KiB) Viewed 28563 times
god damn it

NAKNAKNAK

Post by NAKNAKNAK » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:13 pm

So, we have Vriska, Retcon Vriska and now soon the troll formerly known as Vriska. Calling it now, by the end of the comic every character is some iteration of Vriska. Caliborn wishes he had this many iterations. :cal:
:professor: NAK NAK THERE IS A BUG ON MY SCREEN AND I CAN'T REACH IT TO SWAT IT AWAY WITH TINY ARMS NAK NAK NAK!!!

Darth_Energon

Post by Darth_Energon » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:20 pm

NAKNAKNAK wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:13 pm
So, we have Vriska, Retcon Vriska and now soon the troll formerly known as Vriska. Calling it now, by the end of the comic every character is some iteration of Vriska. Caliborn wishes he had this many iterations. :cal:
Everyone is Vriska, everyone else is John
Xehanort.jpg
Xehanort.jpg (29.09 KiB) Viewed 28555 times

NAKNAKNAK

Post by NAKNAKNAK » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:27 pm

Part 2 of the update is out, Vriska is now Vrissy and (Vriska) is once again Vriska. Also kinda sad we aren't doing Weekend at Bernie's where the Vriskas have to puppet Gamzee around.
:professor: NAK NAK THERE IS A BUG ON MY SCREEN AND I CAN'T REACH IT TO SWAT IT AWAY WITH TINY ARMS NAK NAK NAK!!!

JakeMorph

Post by JakeMorph » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:29 pm

super dumb that Vriska Jr. is the one who had to get the name change when Vriska the 1st already had the brackets put on. it's just such a weird and unnecessary bit of bias toward the prime Vriska when the Epilogues already made it pretty clear she was going to have to step aside to make room for the new generation.

liked the update otherwise. kid designs are fun.
mod on the mspa wiki

Kidpen
Pronouns: He/Him
Classpect: Seer of Mind

Post by Kidpen » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:36 pm

Tavros is very dapper.
the epilogues were good.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:40 pm

I love Vrissy's design. 100% got raised by a fashionista. Also even in death that monster causes chaos wherever he goes, as if his ghsot is still there, fucking with them.

That is honestly far too likely to not be happening. FUCKIN CLOWNS!!!

So this means these events are happening only a few hours after Vriska arrives. Meaning this would be Harry after getting his drive with his father. Probably to school.

OKAY.

TWO THINGS ABOUT HARRY.

He got some female ass eyelashes. Either A, he is a bishonen as fuck dude and that Roxie has some Anime genes we didn't know about.. Or is it possible that Harry could be transgender? Which would be awesome but i don't know if it was ever implied and it wasn't mentioned. Then again it would mean that John does not give two fucks and despite becoming a depressed absent father, he was a supportive father non the less.
He may yet inherit his father's Dad aspect in time.

Also he looked FAR too much like the mspa reader at the end there.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:41 pm

Darth_Energon wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:20 pm
NAKNAKNAK wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:13 pm
Everyone is Vriska, everyone else is John
Xehanort.jpg
The mother grub is in fact a mutated form of Vriska.

TC
Classpect: Your Lord of Rage

Post by TC » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:49 pm

Well, we've seen the Candy kids, now I can tap out until we see the new aliens. I am basically only here out of curiosity.
thorondraco wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:40 pm
He got some female ass eyelashes. Either A, he is a bishonen as fuck dude and that Roxie has some Anime genes we didn't know about.. Or is it possible that Harry could be transgender?
The epilogues pretty much rule that possibility out considering we not only see him being named before he's born but also like, baby Harry.
Did you know that men actually have more naturally pronounced eyelashes than women, and beauty products/media just kind of flips that on its head? I just thought that was interesting.
ImageImageImage

epimetheusEmrys
Pronouns: He/him
Classpect: Mage of Rage
Moon: Prospit

Post by epimetheusEmrys » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:51 pm

This chapter was actually pretty good in my opinion. I like Tav, Harry seems cool, and “Vrissy” seems alright. I’ve never been too interested in HS^2 but it’s starting to pick up a little and I like it.
:lemon:

Kidpen
Pronouns: He/Him
Classpect: Seer of Mind

Post by Kidpen » Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:54 pm

Harry as an adult:
Attachments
Bobbi_Fabulous.jpg
Bobbi_Fabulous.jpg (24.38 KiB) Viewed 28532 times
the epilogues were good.

Rob
Classpect: Thief of Mind

Post by Rob » Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:32 pm

The design of the kids is very good.

But uhh, it seems like Vriska should probably have recognized that throwing a dead body in a river is easier than carrying it through a heavily populated school. Or that you could wait until school was over. The situation seems really contrived instead of being driven by character motivations...
dumpas

JakeMorph

Post by JakeMorph » Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:48 pm

there are no rivers in the human kingdom that would encourage sea dweller immigration
mod on the mspa wiki

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:55 pm

TC wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:49 pm
Well, we've seen the Candy kids, now I can tap out until we see the new aliens. I am basically only here out of curiosity.
thorondraco wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:40 pm
He got some female ass eyelashes. Either A, he is a bishonen as fuck dude and that Roxie has some Anime genes we didn't know about.. Or is it possible that Harry could be transgender?
The epilogues pretty much rule that possibility out considering we not only see him being named before he's born but also like, baby Harry.
Did you know that men actually have more naturally pronounced eyelashes than women, and beauty products/media just kind of flips that on its head? I just thought that was interesting.
In cartoonish imagery they always use eyelashes like that to emphasize femininity though. Its an art thing.

Also damn. We see harry when he is three rather when he was born. Still its odd that he was given a feature more often associated with women in homestuck. Why go for both the eyelashes and the eye shape? I smell some level of shenanigans here >_>. Why break the pattern here?

Eh i might be overthinking it by a lot but it seems suspicious to me. Like what if everyone calls the baby a boy cause John thought they were having a son or some craziness. Its implied by vriska that john has some level of influence in Candy, something he can't control. The clouds themselves shape themselves to shapes he is familiar with.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:55 pm

Rob wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 5:32 pm
The design of the kids is very good.

But uhh, it seems like Vriska should probably have recognized that throwing a dead body in a river is easier than carrying it through a heavily populated school. Or that you could wait until school was over. The situation seems really contrived instead of being driven by character motivations...
Alternian.

JakeMorph

Post by JakeMorph » Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:00 pm

eyelashes = girl is a very old school design sensibility that I don't think you can reasonably expect to be true of anything these days, especially in work by trans and gay people. it is not a "suspicious" design choice, they've just made Harry look a bit more like Roxy than like John, probably because Tavros already looks like that.
mod on the mspa wiki

Dream Muttman

Post by Dream Muttman » Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:18 pm

Isn't (Vriska) GodTier?
Witness my golem:
:candy: :meat: :candy:
:candycorn: :candycorn: :candycorn: :candycorn:

Has it grown since you last saw it?

Nep
Pronouns: Any (Genderfluid)
Classpect: Rogue of Heart

Post by Nep » Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:37 pm

Vrissy is the most stupid fuckass name I've ever heard in all of paradox space.
Forum's Certified Nep. :nepball: || Rogue of Heart

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:40 pm

Okay so for the foreseeable moment we are going to be in Candy dealing with these shenanigans. That is very intersting as i was certain we would be skipping around but i guess they decided to stick with Candy for now.
I would say that these kids would be okay but Vriska is very hurt right now so she might not be able to protect them.