pesterquest 9.0 nepeta boongaloo

Discuss Pesterquest, Psycholonials, Homestuck^2, and other related works here!
Generalrabogolfo
Pronouns: El, el rabo
Classpect: bard of mind
Moon: Derse

pesterquest 9.0 nepeta boongaloo

Post by Generalrabogolfo » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:02 pm

vol 9 is out. say something nice to it.
purrraps.PNG
purrraps.PNG (225.79 KiB) Viewed 15709 times
:rosecool:

thorondraco

Re: pesterquest 9.0 nepeta boongaloo

Post by thorondraco » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:17 pm

I rather lorved both routes. Though it kinda happened again. We had two routes that seem equally valid. God damn it more stuff!

At least.. it seems like nepeta will remember both.

We need nepeta alive in the comics cause she would be good pals with Dave and her powers could help us counter dirk.

Sollux route was pretty intersting in itself. His music was rad and the kanaya stuff... Yea she is hilarious Xd.

I am wondering if Bulge just refers to general genitalia at this point for trolls. However they are set up down there.

It is interesting he is riding on a train of all things especially considering that a train seems to be a major thing featured in Act 2 of hiveswap. Also that apparently the Reader can't access Doc's mansion himself.

Apparently something has happened with Aradia. Ghost aradia that is. Did she cease to be in the living world? Also i am almost convinced that there is now Two Johns and a sollux loose on the human world right now. Cause time shenanigans.

And he didn't nearly die at any point in these either. This is the first time since Rose's route where he didn't die in at least once during the volume. Suspiciously after he recovered his memories. Also is that Tposer getting closer? O.o

The next and most likely characters will be Eridan and Feferi. Feferi i think will get a fire lit under her ass by the reader. However they could fuck with us and its neither. We are reaching the end of the pesterquest and who knows what will happen?

Darth_Energon

Post by Darth_Energon » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:58 pm

thorondraco wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:17 pm
I rather lorved both routes. Though it kinda happened again. We had two routes that seem equally valid. God damn it more stuff!

We need nepeta alive in the comics cause she would be good pals with Dave and her powers could help us counter dirk.

Sollux route was pretty intersting in itself. His music was rad and the kanaya stuff... Yea she is hilarious Xd.

I am wondering if Bulge just refers to general genitalia at this point for trolls. However they are set up down there.

It is interesting he is riding on a train of all things especially considering that a train seems to be a major thing featured in Act 2 of hiveswap. Also that apparently the Reader can't access Doc's mansion himself.

Apparently something has happened with Aradia. Ghost aradia that is. Did she cease to be in the living world? Also i am almost convinced that there is now Two Johns and a sollux loose on the human world right now. Cause time shenanigans.

And he didn't nearly die at any point in these either. This is the first time since Rose's route where he didn't die in at least once during the volume. Suspiciously after he recovered his memories. Also is that Tposer getting closer? O.o

The next and most likely characters will be Eridan and Feferi. Feferi i think will get a fire lit under her ass by the reader. However they could fuck with us and its neither. We are reaching the end of the pesterquest and who knows what will happen?
I don't think they'll ever fully reveal the specifics of troll genitalia at risk of alienating people

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:28 pm

Darth_Energon wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:58 pm
thorondraco wrote:

I don't think they'll ever fully reveal the specifics of troll genitalia at risk of alienating people
think its probably an analogy to our human parts but with some scifi alien differences.

sorbicCondition
Pronouns: they/them
Classpect: mage of void

Post by sorbicCondition » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:05 pm

I can't believe Solluxander is real.

Also Nepeta is so, so good. She deserves the world. I wonder what happened to her hive. Also that one bad end in her route... jesus fuck. Some moments make you sit back and remember that these are 13 year olds and it's quite distressing.

Anyway. Everything Dave said was funny. Everything Sollux said was funny. Just a lot of quality writing on display this volume I gotta say. Also all the sprites are wonderful. I especially like that one Sollux sprite where he's using his psionics.
:cool3d: homestuck 2 :cool3d:

Blob55

Post by Blob55 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:46 pm

sorbicCondition wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:05 pm
I can't believe Solluxander is real.

Also Nepeta is so, so good. She deserves the world. I wonder what happened to her hive. Also that one bad end in her route... jesus fuck. Some moments make you sit back and remember that these are 13 year olds and it's quite distressing.

Anyway. Everything Dave said was funny. Everything Sollux said was funny. Just a lot of quality writing on display this volume I gotta say. Also all the sprites are wonderful. I especially like that one Sollux sprite where he's using his psionics.
The problem with the psionics image is he has no grub scars.

galileanTactician
Pronouns: Ur Mom Gay Lol
Classpect: Mooge o Spooce

Post by galileanTactician » Fri Dec 20, 2019 6:40 pm

Generalrabogolfo wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:02 pm
vol 9 is out. say something nice to it.

purrraps.PNG
Attachments
471.jpg
471.jpg (31.41 KiB) Viewed 15650 times

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:32 pm

They better not kill off all these incarnations of these characters and force everyone else to just awaken their ultiamte self to experience these memories. That would be ass.

Though i don't think the reader would ever accept that of course. But the paradox's demands are selfish and unyielding.

galileanTactician

Post by galileanTactician » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:39 pm

thorondraco wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:32 pm
They better not kill off all these incarnations of these characters and force everyone else to just awaken their ultiamte self to experience these memories. That would be ass.

Though i don't think the reader would ever accept that of course. But the paradox's demands are selfish and unyielding.
Im on the other side of that spectrum my guy. Please end Pesterquest. Please send it off into the deepest darkest pit that the furthest ring has to offer, because all of the interpretations of these characters are either boring or their characterization is butchered beyond reason.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:41 pm

galileanTactician wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:39 pm
thorondraco wrote:

Im on the other side of that spectrum my guy. Please end Pesterquest. Please send it off into the deepest darkest pit that the furthest ring has to offer, because all of the interpretations of these characters are either boring or their characterization is butchered beyond reason.
Well you are jsut factually wrong on all those fronts. And i was simply making a statement not replying to your rather negative post.

galileanTactician

Post by galileanTactician » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:48 pm

thorondraco wrote:
Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:41 pm
galileanTactician wrote:
thorondraco wrote:

Well you are jsut factually wrong on all those fronts. And i was simply making a statement not replying to your rather negative post.
While I am aware that you were just making a statement. I was just replying to said statement without any relation to my prior post.

And though you are indeed to have your headcanons and opinions regarding these characters, I have to ask... in what ways did you see these characters to be as accurately portrayed as they were in Homestuck?

calamityCons
Pronouns: they/he
Classpect: Prince of Doom

Post by calamityCons » Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:03 am

Nepeta’s route was really interesting due to the twin good endings. I’m surprised that wasn't given to sollux due to the whole duality thing he has going on. Sollux himself seemed fairly in-character and consistent, but also it has a giant fucking plot hole as the lead up to the good ending, and Kanaya’s return was cute but also kind of left me feeling bitter because I used to think Kanaya and Sollux were a cute ship until Kanaya was confirmed to be a lesbian and tumblr would refuse to let you forget that for even a microsecond.

Nepeta was also very in character and her Meowrails ending was some damn good payoff for Equius’ excitement to see her in his own route. That was well done and I nearly shed some tears ngl.

Re: characters being in-character, based on what we see in canon and my interpretation of the trolls...

Aradia seemed fine because her personality was never well defined to begin with and changed drastically multiple times throughout Homestuck so she’s a wildcard and anything goes for her desu.

Tavros was very damn well done and touched me on a personal level.

Sollux’s route was a rambling bout of kinda boring nonsense that relies on some pretty heckacious birdshit to happen at all. Gamzee showing up was genuinely funny though.

Karkat should be meaner and more verbally abusive than he actually was in pesterquest.

Nepeta is difficult to write poorly because at her core she’s just a regurgitation of some of Jade’s more surface level traits: furries and the behavior of young fangirls. She, like many other troll characters, is very simple at her core.

Kanaya’s own route was fucking boring and revolved around Vriska which was annoying, but i didn’t notice anything out of character for her.

Terezi is a character I never understood to begin with. I can’t comment on that one.

Vriska. Hoo boy, Vriska is a rough road especially the shit writing for her route and that goddamn Did Nothing Wrong meme.

Equius was a surprisingly dignified and sweet take on a character introduced to be a shock value degenerate and walking horse joke, which i appreciate.

Gamzee’s route was utter shit with no redeeming qualities to it. It was horrible and wound up just being about Karako instead.
#ReviveSpadesSlick #WVForNarrativeRelevance

ThePungeonMaster
Classpect: Seer of Breath

Post by ThePungeonMaster » Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:14 am

Purrdy good.
Despite my name literally being "ThePungeonMaster", I never got that attached to Nepeta, or Feferi for that catter. Granted, I always liked Nepeta to some extent, because behind that furcade of cat puns, and the foolish naiveté that generally puts me off of that kind of character, she was no idiot, at least as I interpreted it. She was clearly compurrtent, and only as well put together as any of the other Trolls, for howefur much that counts. This route does her just about as much justice as I could hope for, and Vintage Food's style works way better here than it did for Vriskers or even Gamzee.

Sollux was always one of my favorite characters, and likely my second favorite of the trolls. He always seemed to be above all the bullshit Paradox Space threw at it's denizens, and his certain kind of coarse charm was welcome. I don't have much to say on the route other than it was well written, the 4th wall break in his bad route was executed super well, and a good job was done transferring Sollux over to Pesterquest. Gotta say though, I'm a touch disappointed there was nothing brought up about Mallek's symbol: was looking for some lore knowledge there.
All-in-all, not quite as good as vol 8, but a bit better than vol 7.
June X Vriska is the best ship.

TH4NK YOU B3N
Pronouns: he/him
Classpect: Mage of Heart
Moon: Prospit

Post by TH4NK YOU B3N » Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:41 am

thorondraco wrote:
calamityCons wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:03 am
Kanaya’s return was cute but also kind of left me feeling bitter because I used to think Kanaya and Sollux were a cute ship until Kanaya was confirmed to be a lesbian
maybe sollux and kanaya are both trans. that might explain why kanaya dressed sollux up instead of dressing herself up. this is even more into "shaky headcanon territory" but there's no reason they couldn't have developed a crush on each other before they transitioned. but sollux looks like A Man so now they're this kind of close friends? huh.

yes i guess "they're trans" is somehow a solluxtion to everything. i don't know why my brain always goes in that direction. if anything, for me this mostly explains why his name is solluxander, which breaks the six letter rule. i'm very picky about pointless bullshit.

i hope someone can come up with a different explanation. personally i don't think trolls are hermaphroditic but i'd like to hear from someone who thinks they are.
only bad takes here

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:11 am

calamityCons wrote:
Nepeta’s route was really interesting due to the twin good endings. I’m surprised that wasn't given to sollux due to the whole duality thing he has going on. Sollux himself seemed fairly in-character and consistent, but also it has a giant fucking plot hole as the lead up to the good ending, and Kanaya’s return was cute but also kind of left me feeling bitter because I used to think Kanaya and Sollux were a cute ship until Kanaya was confirmed to be a lesbian and tumblr would refuse to let you forget that for even a microsecond.

Nepeta was also very in character and her Meowrails ending was some damn good payoff for Equius’ excitement to see her in his own route. That was well done and I nearly shed some tears ngl.

Re: characters being in-character, based on what we see in canon and my interpretation of the trolls...

Aradia seemed fine because her personality was never well defined to begin with and changed drastically multiple times throughout Homestuck so she’s a wildcard and anything goes for her desu.

Tavros was very damn well done and touched me on a personal level.

Sollux’s route was a rambling bout of kinda boring nonsense that relies on some pretty heckacious birdshit to happen at all. Gamzee showing up was genuinely funny though.

Karkat should be meaner and more verbally abusive than he actually was in pesterquest.

Nepeta is difficult to write poorly because at her core she’s just a regurgitation of some of Jade’s more surface level traits: furries and the behavior of young fangirls. She, like many other troll characters, is very simple at her core.

Kanaya’s own route was fucking boring and revolved around Vriska which was annoying, but i didn’t notice anything out of character for her.

Terezi is a character I never understood to begin with. I can’t comment on that one.

Vriska. Hoo boy, Vriska is a rough road especially the shit writing for her route and that goddamn Did Nothing Wrong meme.

Equius was a surprisingly dignified and sweet take on a character introduced to be a shock value degenerate and walking horse joke, which i appreciate.

Gamzee’s route was utter shit with no redeeming qualities to it. It was horrible and wound up just being about Karako instead.
With Vriska it was obvious why she seemed a lot more vulnerable and open. This is all taking place after Sgrub failed to play. Like sollux she was feeling extremely hopeless, as she had expected to use the game as a means of reconnecting with everyone and knew it was extremely important in some way. But then it fell through and she was left as ostracized as ever. It left her arguably even more vulnerable than she was when she killed Tavros and opened up to John.
The 'did nothing wrong' meme has ultimately been reconfigured into 'she did nothing to deserve her life'. It was more expressed by the reader too later in that she is a abuse victim harming other abuse victims. In fact its why Terezi's and vriska's crusade is so mislead here. Also her dialogue was very much more Vriska in Tavros route too and it made it damn clear that Tavros felt very unsafe with her presence. Mainly cause she got her confidence back.

It also show without saying, WHY Vriska hates Tavros so. She has already put two and two together, for a long time, that the Summoner is TAvros' ancestor, and the guy scared the Condesce so bad that she restructured her entire society to keep the adults separate from the homeworld at all times. But he is not the Summoner. He is not a Rogue, but a Page.

Oh god what if the reason we only got the whole Equius is a sweaty horsefucking degenerate because Hussie in universe, didn't really know what was going on in Equius' head? They are working that retroactive majyyk and applying similar reason to why Dirk can't read Roxie's mind. He made it seem like he is a degenerate and could exemplify those traits, but didn't know Equis true nature because he was masked by Void aspect?

TH4NK YOU B3N
Pronouns: he/him
Classpect: Mage of Heart
Moon: Prospit

Post by TH4NK YOU B3N » Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:32 am

galileanTactician wrote:
thorondraco wrote:

with those cracks in the sky kind of like dream bubbles, i think this could be a shitty dream mspa reader is having.

pesterquest is like, unironic candy. i don't know what that means, exactly, but i feel it.
thorondraco wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:11 am
Oh god what if the reason we only got the whole Equius is a sweaty horsefucking degenerate because Hussie in universe, didn't really know what was going on in Equius' head?
no that sounds dumb. also, he never fucked horses because he's only 6
only bad takes here

egg
Pronouns: any
Classpect: Prince of Breath

Post by egg » Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:06 am

thorondraco wrote:

Oh god what if the reason we only got the whole Equius is a sweaty horsefucking degenerate because Hussie in universe, didn't really know what was going on in Equius' head? They are working that retroactive majyyk and applying similar reason to why Dirk can't read Roxie's mind. He made it seem like he is a degenerate and could exemplify those traits, but didn't know Equis true nature because he was masked by Void aspect?
Genuinely don't undersatnd this thing people have where they think Hussie is some kind of master planner and that everything that doesn't seem deep really is somehow. Equius really is this simple.
I am a person who has English as their second language. Please bear with me.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:53 pm

egg wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:06 am
thorondraco wrote:

Genuinely don't undersatnd this thing people have where they think Hussie is some kind of master planner and that everything that doesn't seem deep really is somehow. Equius really is this simple.
Well no that is why i said he used Retroactive Majyyk. not retcon cause this is out of universe mostly.
He is pretty good at planning i think, but he is also good at turning plot holes, jokes, and mistakes into plot elements and foreshadowing. And that can give the illusion of him having planned it alll out from the beginning. Whic is somehwat important cause it gives the illusion of the timeloop i suppose.

Basically originally equius was jsut the degenerate with a soft spot only for nepeta. But once they showed us how other highbloods act one could start pondering if what we saw was a facade, making equius a wannabe racist more than anything. And thus they confirmed it was. But the trick is, it wasn't true all along. An author can do so many changes, and does make those changes, behind the curtain.
That is kinda what Dirk was talking about in the first update of HS^2, and what John himself states waaay back when he first got his retcon stuff. If someone with authorial power makes a change from something planned, or an edit of the past, then We the readers, let alone they the people of this reality, would never know unless they show their hand. Or if it is really bad.
Last edited by thorondraco on Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:54 pm

TH4NK YOU B3N wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:32 am
galileanTactician wrote:
thorondraco wrote:

with those cracks in the sky kind of like dream bubbles, i think this could be a shitty dream mspa reader is having.

pesterquest is like, unironic candy. i don't know what that means, exactly, but i feel it.
thorondraco wrote:
Oh god what if the reason we only got the whole Equius is a sweaty horsefucking degenerate because Hussie in universe, didn't really know what was going on in Equius' head?
no that sounds dumb. also, he never fucked horses because he's only 6
Or like the cracks of the void. Reality destabalizing. Something trying to fix it.

Blob55

Post by Blob55 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 3:54 pm

TH4NK YOU B3N wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 12:41 am
thorondraco wrote:
calamityCons wrote:
Kanaya’s return was cute but also kind of left me feeling bitter because I used to think Kanaya and Sollux were a cute ship until Kanaya was confirmed to be a lesbian
maybe sollux and kanaya are both trans. that might explain why kanaya dressed sollux up instead of dressing herself up. this is even more into "shaky headcanon territory" but there's no reason they couldn't have developed a crush on each other before they transitioned. but sollux looks like A Man so now they're this kind of close friends? huh.

yes i guess "they're trans" is somehow a solluxtion to everything. i don't know why my brain always goes in that direction. if anything, for me this mostly explains why his name is solluxander, which breaks the six letter rule. i'm very picky about pointless bullshit.

i hope someone can come up with a different explanation. personally i don't think trolls are hermaphroditic but i'd like to hear from someone who thinks they are.
IDK, it seems more like Sollux used to have hair more like Mituna and since Sollux and Gamzee ship was hinted at, maybe he dressed like Gamzee. I don't know why everything has to go to trans.

Not to mention making everyone trans also means their dancestors and ancestors also had to start off as the opposite sex.