Regarding the transformation of MSPAR [PQ SPOILERS]

Discuss Pesterquest, Psycholonials, Homestuck^2, and other related works here!
Oddhi
Pronouns: He/Him
Classpect: Rogue of Mind
Moon: Derse

Regarding the transformation of MSPAR [PQ SPOILERS]

Post by Oddhi » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:21 pm

It is highly recommended that you play Aradia's route in PesterQuest before reading anything that this thread entails.

There are heavy spoilers ahead, you have been warned.

In PesterQuest, we see that Aradia takes the action of merging all of the dead MSPA Readers with the current living MSPAR.

Can this be compared to an ascension to the Ultimate Self? I know it seems to be a stretch, but it seems very similar, mechanically speaking. If I remember correctly, becoming the Ult Self involves merging every single one of your doomed, dead selves with your currently living self, essentially merging the memories of every version of yourself that has ever existed.

Isn't this what has just happened to MSPAR? He now has the memories of all other versions of himself, as they have all merged with his living consciousness.

I may be entirely wrong here, and feel free to point out if I am. I just find this to be a very interesting topic that may require further exploration, as it could have some large effects on the future of MSPAR's story.

thorondraco

Re: Regarding the transformation of MSPAR [PQ SPOILERS]

Post by thorondraco » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:43 pm

Oddhi wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:21 pm
It is highly recommended that you play Aradia's route in PesterQuest before reading anything that this thread entails.

There are heavy spoilers ahead, you have been warned.

In PesterQuest, we see that Aradia takes the action of merging all of the dead MSPA Readers with the current living MSPAR.

Can this be compared to an ascension to the Ultimate Self? I know it seems to be a stretch, but it seems very similar, mechanically speaking. If I remember correctly, becoming the Ult Self involves merging every single one of your doomed, dead selves with your currently living self, essentially merging the memories of every version of yourself that has ever existed.

Isn't this what has just happened to MSPAR? He now has the memories of all other versions of himself, as they have all merged with his living consciousness.

I may be entirely wrong here, and feel free to point out if I am. I just find this to be a very interesting topic that may require further exploration, as it could have some large effects on the future of MSPAR's story.
The ultimate self has been described as both a Collective of doomed selves and as a singular entity who peaks into reality through the likes of the players. Both the source of all selves and a gestalt of all selves.

so it at least might be a start for it. But we don't entirely know yet. AT the very least he has slowly become an actual character and not the semi mindless if benign friendship seaker all the way back in the first volume of friendsims.