Aradia & co.

Discuss Pesterquest, Psycholonials, Homestuck^2, and other related works here!
thorondraco

Re: Aradia & co.

Post by thorondraco » Thu Dec 05, 2019 12:22 pm

dualfallen wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:58 pm
Tavros' route was whatever to me. Pesterquest has managed to redeem some characters for me like Rose, Jade, and Equius and I had hoped that this route would help me like Tavros. Nope, still just as big a weenie as he's always been.

Aradia's though was fantastic! I've always loved Aradia but she never got a chance to really shine in Homestuck. This gave her a great chance though and she was amazing! Her expressions were great, her time jokes and raising her eyebrows were hilarious, and I really appreciated how you see time rewind when you take the wrong route. Overall I'm so glad that Aradia got a chance to be really special for once, I've been waiting to see this for a while. She's incredibly relevant now since she helped kickstart everything such as by returning MSPA Reader's memories and helping make various changes.

Now that we have our memories back I wonder what can happen from here. I definitely subscribe to the idea that the mysterious figure is MSPA Reader, given how they seem to be ascending when it comes to power. We literally saw them merge with tons of splinters, perhaps they're becoming an ultimate self.

I also noticed it took exactly 21 seconds of staring with Aradia at the beginning of the route which was interesting how exact it was...
Tavros can't unweenie himself unless he is given a bit more of a moral boost. And even then one has to direct him properly. He is too gentle to be a warrior. Having a more manageable living situation probably helps.
I think a possible good thing is that ultimately, the pesterquest isn't happening in a bubble, not truly. Weirdly Because of the ultimate self too. We don't entirely know the mechanics of it, but the memories of this weird little fellow that let the beta kids just hang out for the most heartfelt sleepover in paradox space, that has touched the lives of the trolls in varying levels of importance, All of them are adding to their own individual Self. Its even possible Rosebot has the memories of them just hanging out as kids, and a weird 1 dimensional stick figure person running around stealing her mother's liquor in a somewhat ill conceived but charming act of compassion. No matter what happens, these memories remain connected to the ultimate self... Someone just needs to bring the poor dead trolls back to life. :discontent:

I imagine those memories are powerful. And i don't think there is any getting rid of them. Maybe its what kept her relatively grounded when she awoke. Cause she was still very much attached to her life on earth c and to Kanaya. Dirk knew the only thing keeping her from staying is her dying body.

Also that seems quite likely. but i don't know if he has reached it yet. Maybe he has unlocked a bit of it, as he is able to bypass the tposer a bit. But even then the Retcon teleportation seems incapable of bringing him back into the Hiveswap story. I don't know if he is blocked off, maybe, the Retcon powers cannot leave the narrative that Juju holds together. Its possible he left the story of Hiveswap the moment he hopped into the fenestrated wall. And he was meant to be lost in the void trying to return to someplace cut off.
That might be very possible cause Spades appears after the Reader finishes homestuck.

arachnidsGrip
Pronouns: They/Them
Classpect: Page of Light
Moon: Derse

Post by arachnidsGrip » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:29 pm

I've never really been that excited about Aradia and Tavros, but oh my god did I love their routes! It really made me appreciate them as characters. Especially Tavros, who I didn't like all that much prior to Pesterquest. It was really good to see him succeed in something. As much as I've been indifferent to his existence, I always thought that he deserved better, and seeing him getting that in Pesterquest made me so happy. I think his route's good end is among my favorites, along with Jade's and Vriska's. ::::') (plus the theme that plays during his route is really good and it had been forever since i last heard it. i think it's bronze rebel? shrug)

Aradia on the other hand I had always kind of liked, but her route made me like her a lot more. She was charming and funny in her weird ways and I loved it so much! And seeing direct timeline manipulation is always a plus in my book. Really I just loved all of her route. Her dialogue, her actions, the music, all of it. What more can I say?

Overall I think these Pesterquest routes were very good, and I look forward to seeing more.

galileanTactician
Pronouns: Ur Mom Gay Lol
Classpect: Mooge o Spooce

Post by galileanTactician » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:47 pm

I find these routes to be hilariously well timed as they came off the heels of the whole "Vriska did Nothing Wrong!" thing.

Like... "Vriska Did Nothing Wrong!" Next route immediately showcases exactly what Vriska did wrong.

calamityCons
Pronouns: they/he
Classpect: Prince of Doom

Post by calamityCons » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:10 pm

I can't say I'm not a little upset still at how so far the Trolls' routes have a lot that revolved around Vriska and her impact on other people. Tavros, Terezi, and Kanaya, are all affected by her in some way and it's becoming kind of frustrating to see that every single troll route to come out so far has been focused on Vriska's bullshit. She's basically getting what she wants by constantly being the center of SOMEONE'S life in each of these routes, which is really annoying.
#ReviveSpadesSlick #WVForNarrativeRelevance

arachnidsGrip
Pronouns: They/Them
Classpect: Page of Light

Post by arachnidsGrip » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:25 pm

calamityCons wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:10 pm
I can't say I'm not a little upset still at how so far the Trolls' routes have a lot that revolved around Vriska and her impact on other people. Tavros, Terezi, and Kanaya, are all affected by her in some way and it's becoming kind of frustrating to see that every single troll route to come out so far has been focused on Vriska's bullshit. She's basically getting what she wants by constantly being the center of SOMEONE'S life in each of these routes, which is really annoying.
I get that that's frustrating, but I think it fits honestly. She's a Thief of Light, a stealer of spotlights. Isn't it fitting that she pry at everything she can for relevance, including other people's lives?

Leddy
Pronouns: Any (They/He/She)
Classpect: Sylph of Life
Moon: Prospit

Post by Leddy » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:30 pm

I've super positive opinions of both of these routes.

Tavros' route is super well handled and written by Trace, we get to see a lot of different aspects of Tavros in it. We obviously get to see a nicer side of Tavros while still addressing his issues in, my opinion, a super well done way. Especially Vriska.

The entire scene with Vriska, and the fact that she isn't demonized fully and she's still understandable makes me like this route more than anything. Vriska might even have a point if you read into it, but it still shows that she's in the wrong, and even if you side with her she just abandons Tavros anyway. I definitely think that it was super well handled and helped me enjoy the route so much more. It's fitting too that Vriska comes and steals the spotlight again in Tavros' route, but that MSPAR still shuts them down.

Generally getting to see Tavros interact with Kanaya, fixing his hive up, and restoring some confidence to the point where he does a Tavros and mistakes' Kanaya's friendship for an advance because he's so unused to proper friendliness in that manner. It's really cute and even kind of heartwarming to see MSPAR put Vriska down a peg while not demonizing her and putting Tavros up a notch in the manner they do. I'll also have to say... the Prospit route and how someone interpreted it. The Prospit route was a very strong one to me. Tavros does a literal social suicide to simply stay in his Neverland of happiness and for some reason it really touches me in a way. It's really saddening, and MSPAR can't bear to break them away from such happiness either.

Definitely a FANTASTIC route, and I'd say it's one of my favorite of Pesterquest so far. But this week's winner of a route definitely is...

Aradia. GOD Aradia's route was REALLY good. As someone who's binged a lot of stuff recently, including the entirety of Friendsim and the like. So my feelings about that were still pretty fresh. With a FANTASTIC choice of music (Aradia's "yes, it is" theme which was a good chuckle, using "END OF FRIENDVANGELION" in the callback to Friendsim, and just the overall feeling of the route was absolutely masterful. Getting to see one of the god tiered individuals was really surprising and her attitude was funny along the way.

It was a really, really cool thing how they did the rewinding too. I was like woah, this reminds me of Fozzer's route. Seeing MSPAR grow more and regain old memories, remember everyone and themselves was... I've grown to really care about MSPAR over the course of Friendsim and Pesterquest, so it was very fulfilling and I actually got a little emotional like the sap I am. Him remembering all of his powerful experiences, the music to go along with it, and that somewhat helpless feeling when he can't go back to them. This was something i have wanted since starting Pesterquest and him forgetting, and seeing it happen in this way is like getting what I wanted, except it was delivered as like a punch to the gut and soul.

It has to be my favorite route of Pesterquest so far, followed by Jade's route.
:mutie:

Javepeta connoisseur
Professional Jade Stan
Roxy, Jade, and Kanaya are the best Homestuck characters /thread

Leddy

Post by Leddy » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:32 pm

calamityCons wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:10 pm
Don't you think that, at least in Tavros' route, that she isn't like put on a pedestal at least. It gives you the lowdown of what Vriska did and shows you how it was wrong. As opposed to Kanaya or Terezi's route it was fulfilling in a different way for me seeing Vriska get told off and shown in the wrong. It doesn't make a ton of sense for Kanaya, but it makes sense for Terezi and Tavros and I at least really enjoyed how they handled it with Tavros in this latest one.

Javepeta connoisseur
Professional Jade Stan

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:47 pm

Leddy wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:30 pm
I've super positive opinions of both of these routes.

Tavros' route is super well handled and written by Trace, we get to see a lot of different aspects of Tavros in it. We obviously get to see a nicer side of Tavros while still addressing his issues in, my opinion, a super well done way. Especially Vriska.

The entire scene with Vriska, and the fact that she isn't demonized fully and she's still understandable makes me like this route more than anything. Vriska might even have a point if you read into it, but it still shows that she's in the wrong, and even if you side with her she just abandons Tavros anyway. I definitely think that it was super well handled and helped me enjoy the route so much more. It's fitting too that Vriska comes and steals the spotlight again in Tavros' route, but that MSPAR still shuts them down.

Generally getting to see Tavros interact with Kanaya, fixing his hive up, and restoring some confidence to the point where he does a Tavros and mistakes' Kanaya's friendship for an advance because he's so unused to proper friendliness in that manner. It's really cute and even kind of heartwarming to see MSPAR put Vriska down a peg while not demonizing her and putting Tavros up a notch in the manner they do. I'll also have to say... the Prospit route and how someone interpreted it. The Prospit route was a very strong one to me. Tavros does a literal social suicide to simply stay in his Neverland of happiness and for some reason it really touches me in a way. It's really saddening, and MSPAR can't bear to break them away from such happiness either.

Definitely a FANTASTIC route, and I'd say it's one of my favorite of Pesterquest so far. But this week's winner of a route definitely is...

Aradia. GOD Aradia's route was REALLY good. As someone who's binged a lot of stuff recently, including the entirety of Friendsim and the like. So my feelings about that were still pretty fresh. With a FANTASTIC choice of music (Aradia's "yes, it is" theme which was a good chuckle, using "END OF FRIENDVANGELION" in the callback to Friendsim, and just the overall feeling of the route was absolutely masterful. Getting to see one of the god tiered individuals was really surprising and her attitude was funny along the way.

It was a really, really cool thing how they did the rewinding too. I was like woah, this reminds me of Fozzer's route. Seeing MSPAR grow more and regain old memories, remember everyone and themselves was... I've grown to really care about MSPAR over the course of Friendsim and Pesterquest, so it was very fulfilling and I actually got a little emotional like the sap I am. Him remembering all of his powerful experiences, the music to go along with it, and that somewhat helpless feeling when he can't go back to them. This was something i have wanted since starting Pesterquest and him forgetting, and seeing it happen in this way is like getting what I wanted, except it was delivered as like a punch to the gut and soul.

It has to be my favorite route of Pesterquest so far, followed by Jade's route.
And we still ahve 6 routes left too. Gotta wonder wtf is gonna happen.

Also noticed we got a tiny touch of Old secrets too. Fitting as this is essentially the equivalent ot Boldir's chapter.

Leddy

Post by Leddy » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:14 pm

thorondraco wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:47 pm

Also noticed we got a tiny touch of Old secrets too. Fitting as this is essentially the equivalent ot Boldir's chapter.
Goodness, yeah, 6 routes left.

I imagine that Nepeta will be something akin to Terezi, advancing the story of multiple characters while still giving her a good route. Sollux I feel like we could get a normal route, but we could also get a lore related dump. Eridan is... I have to feel like they're going to try and redeem him a little, I'm afraid for it. Feferi I expect a lore-esc route sadly, but I wish not.

I couldn't tell you for Alphas, though Dirk will obviously be a story thing.

Javepeta connoisseur
Professional Jade Stan

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:08 pm

Leddy wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:14 pm
thorondraco wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:47 pm

Goodness, yeah, 6 routes left.

I imagine that Nepeta will be something akin to Terezi, advancing the story of multiple characters while still giving her a good route. Sollux I feel like we could get a normal route, but we could also get a lore related dump. Eridan is... I have to feel like they're going to try and redeem him a little, I'm afraid for it. Feferi I expect a lore-esc route sadly, but I wish not.

I couldn't tell you for Alphas, though Dirk will obviously be a story thing.
Without question Feferi si gonna be a lore one cause the reader has his memories back. Probably riding her ass about 'you are literally the ruler of this planet! Why aren't you making things better?'

TH4NK YOU B3N
Pronouns: he/him
Classpect: Mage of Heart

Post by TH4NK YOU B3N » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:18 pm

The thing that's confusing about the phone retcon was that Dave already had a phone before. I guess this means he got his first phone when he was even younger, meaning he never got the iPhone? or something? i think that's what the 1st gen comment meant.
only bad takes here

Leddy

Post by Leddy » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:47 pm

TH4NK YOU B3N wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:18 pm
The thing that's confusing about the phone retcon was that Dave already had a phone before. I guess this means he got his first phone when he was even younger, meaning he never got the iPhone? or something? i think that's what the 1st gen comment meant.
I think otherwise, Dave might have had a phone but did the other kids? I'm pretty sure the others didn't have a phone

Javepeta connoisseur
Professional Jade Stan

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Thu Dec 05, 2019 8:13 pm

Leddy wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:47 pm
TH4NK YOU B3N wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:18 pm
I think otherwise, Dave might have had a phone but did the other kids? I'm pretty sure the others didn't have a phone
Cause i have an eldrithc ability to remember homestuck stuff.

DAve did have a phone that he texted with, but Rose only had her laptop and John stole his dad's pda.

calamityCons
Pronouns: they/he
Classpect: Prince of Doom

Post by calamityCons » Thu Dec 05, 2019 9:15 pm

But the iPhone Dave was using belonged to his Bro...
#ReviveSpadesSlick #WVForNarrativeRelevance

TC
Classpect: Your Lord of Rage

Post by TC » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:35 pm

James Roach be like "I am so smart for being subversive and making megalovania Aradia's theme"

MeGaLoVania's track art on the album be like
ImageImageImage

JakeMorph

Post by JakeMorph » Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:55 am

actually I doubt james roach is thinking about it half as hard as you are
mod on the mspa wiki

Flame_Warp

Post by Flame_Warp » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:09 am

Something I don't think I've ever seen anyone mention: Who the hell is the horroterror getting all cozy with Reader? Is that Glubby? Cause the art certainly LOOKS like Glubby. It just seems downright bizarre that one would be not only non-hostile, but affectionate to them.

JakeMorph

Post by JakeMorph » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:24 am

there's nothing in the comic to suggest horrorterrors would be physically hostile to people around them. they blew the dream bubbles, after all
mod on the mspa wiki

Crpal
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Crpal » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:30 am

Honestly, horrorterrors just get a bad wrap. They even made a watered down tv show just so they could communicate with the humans to help them because they knew their real presence would scare people. They aren't evil just beyond our comprehension.

Flame_Warp

Post by Flame_Warp » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:16 am

JakeMorph wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:24 am
there's nothing in the comic to suggest horrorterrors would be physically hostile to people around them. they blew the dream bubbles, after all
I mean, sure, but that was on the request of Feferi, and they were necessary to defeat LE (who they were mostly CERTAINLY hostile to.) They also decided to make the bubbles a tumblr hellscape where you literally lived and died based on follow counts. And I'm pretty sure it was said that ghosts who venture outside of the limits of the bubbles into the furthest ring get ate by them. Even ignoring all that, it's just odd that one would be AFFECTIONATE.
Crpal wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:30 am
Honestly, horrorterrors just get a bad wrap. They even made a watered down tv show just so they could communicate with the humans to help them because they knew their real presence would scare people. They aren't evil just beyond our comprehension.
I thought sure the humans made Squiddles to try to cope with the horrorterrors and not the other way around, but I'll admit I'm not up to date on the Squiddles lore. I certainly don't recall any indications that they were COMMUNICATING with it.