Aradia & co.

Discuss Pesterquest, Psycholonials, Homestuck^2, and other related works here!
Generalrabogolfo
Pronouns: El, el rabo
Classpect: bard of mind
Moon: Derse

Aradia & co.

Post by Generalrabogolfo » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:55 am

New Pesterquest routes are out. Say something nice to them.
0_0.PNG
0_0.PNG (418.37 KiB) Viewed 17118 times
:rosecool:

calamityCons
Pronouns: they/he
Classpect: Prince of Doom

Re: Aradia & co.

Post by calamityCons » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:56 am

I love you Aradia and I support you and I also love and support Tavros. I find it really touching how Aradia cared so much for Tavros that she retaliated against Vriska tossing him off a cliff.
#ReviveSpadesSlick #WVForNarrativeRelevance

Barraskewda

Post by Barraskewda » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:13 pm

The spoiler wasn't that big, I was expecting some wild tonal shift but what i got is just what I expected. Idk I don't think it was needed to be hyped up all that much.
192 ATK, 206 SPD and guaranteed to fuck you up

Deageon

Post by Deageon » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:15 pm

Aradia fluffy and good, as always
Also im loving seeing MSPAR being shorter than her lmao, they're just a lil frien....

NAKNAKNAK

Post by NAKNAKNAK » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:30 pm

Pesterquest, answering the hard questions.
Hard question.png
Hard question.png (134.12 KiB) Viewed 17096 times
:professor: NAK NAK THERE IS A BUG ON MY SCREEN AND I CAN'T REACH IT TO SWAT IT AWAY WITH TINY ARMS NAK NAK NAK!!!

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:48 pm

The tavros one was rather sweet. He doesn't have much agency exactly, but confidence starts to form.

The only reaction to the Ardia one is AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

These bastards were more clever than we thought. They gamed us all man!

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:54 pm

Guessing that Classpectanon is gonna wait 24 hours before posting a thead for it, in respect to JamesRoach's request?

Generalrabogolfo
Pronouns: El, el rabo
Classpect: bard of mind

Post by Generalrabogolfo » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:02 pm

As for me, I liked that when you fail a route and get rewinded the first thing she says its "not the worst decision", which can be interpreted as both you sleeping on bones or you choosing poorly on the route.

Oh and also that Mgalovania confirmed Aradia theme. Fuck vriskfags

Mod Edit: Do not use slurs.
:rosecool:

Leddy
Pronouns: Any (They/He/She)
Classpect: Sylph of Life
Moon: Prospit

Post by Leddy » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:29 pm

Aradia's route actually killed me it was that good. them finally acknowledging Friendsim in it's larger capacity and MSPAR remembering and hooo man that was tough on me, especially how Paradox Space is just blocking you from visiting them. For real though this route was like amazing. Super enjoyed it, my favorite from PQ so far quite possibly?

Tavros route delivered and didn't treat him poorly, we even got to help him redo his hive which was really sweet! Overall another great route that did another character who had a raw deal in the comics justice. I do have to say, Tavros hitting on Kanaya was awkward but makes sense, it reminds me of the whole Jade situation where he's just not used to people being that nice to him
:mutie:

Javepeta connoisseur
Professional Jade Stan
Roxy, Jade, and Kanaya are the best Homestuck characters /thread

calamityCons

Post by calamityCons » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:34 pm

I am loving how Aradia's theme can just yoink Megalovania out of Vriska's grubby hands. It's definitely an overplayed song at this point, but Aradia was in fact the main focus of the flash it first appeared in, so it's great to hear it in her theme!

sigmatic
Pronouns: he/him
Classpect: Rogue of Life

Post by sigmatic » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:36 pm

I appreciate the Tavros route, didn't really like him in original Homestuck but this route made me understand (and like) him a bit better.

And for Aradia's route, the music slowly shifting to Megalovania hit me like a damn truck! I guess we've hit the point where the overarching "plot" takes over which I'm looking forward to although they might just push that back to the later routes. Has it been confirmed yet what they will do with the, like 4 remaining routes after the beta trolls? Alpha kids perhaps? My bets are on Dirk being last and then go all out with the meta bullshit and whatnot as the last route.
Rogue of Life
forums? more like BOREums har har

Leddy
Pronouns: Any (They/He/She)
Classpect: Sylph of Life
Moon: Prospit

Post by Leddy » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:43 pm

sigmatic wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:36 pm
I appreciate the Tavros route, didn't really like him in original Homestuck but this route made me understand (and like) him a bit better.

And for Aradia's route, the music slowly shifting to Megalovania hit me like a damn truck! I guess we've hit the point where the overarching "plot" takes over which I'm looking forward to although they might just push that back to the later routes. Has it been confirmed yet what they will do with the, like 4 remaining routes after the beta trolls? Alpha kids perhaps? My bets are on Dirk being last and then go all out with the meta bullshit and whatnot as the last route.
I don't think this needs to be in spoilers.

We've no actual confirmation on what the last 4 are as far as I'm aware, but the general consensus is the last 4 are Alpha kid routes, akin to one per kid like the Betas had. Also yeah Megalovania being used was hilarious for me. I was like WAIT WHAT?
:mutie:

Javepeta connoisseur
Professional Jade Stan
Roxy, Jade, and Kanaya are the best Homestuck characters /thread

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:12 pm

calamityCons wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:34 pm
I am loving how Aradia's theme can just yoink Megalovania out of Vriska's grubby hands. It's definitely an overplayed song at this point, but Aradia was in fact the main focus of the flash it first appeared in, so it's great to hear it in her theme!
Megalovania seems to have shifting meaning. In both the romhack and homestuck's use, it represents chaos and danger. Same with Vriska Things going off the rails.

In undertale it is an act of defiance against, well, someone with immense story power as it were. And its the same here. This case it is a slower pace too as the battle is not a literal one, but more subtle.

Also literally every inconsistency we have seen in pesterquest seems to be deliberate.

sigmatic

Post by sigmatic » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:22 pm

thorondraco wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:12 pm
calamityCons wrote:
Also literally every inconsistency we have seen in pesterquest seems to be deliberate.
I think at some point James asked for help searching for inconsistencies found in Pesterquest and people already theorized that those might come into play in Aradia's route, IIRC
Rogue of Life

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:27 pm

sigmatic wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:22 pm
thorondraco wrote:
calamityCons wrote:
I think at some point James asked for help searching for inconsistencies found in Pesterquest and people already theorized that those might come into play in Aradia's route, IIRC
That could be part of it. I like to think they had planted those intentionally. Or at least after the karkat one. I imagine considering this kinda changes how things are going a bit that it had to be part of a plan more or less. don't think they would ahve James roll up with this without warning, and now everyone gotta scramble cause of the bombshell dropped.

sigmatic

Post by sigmatic » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:32 pm

thorondraco wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:27 pm
sigmatic wrote:
thorondraco wrote:

That could be part of it. I like to think they had planted those intentionally. Or at least after the karkat one. I imagine considering this kinda changes how things are going a bit that it had to be part of a plan more or less. don't think they would ahve James roll up with this without warning, and now everyone gotta scramble cause of the bombshell dropped.
Personally I think the general "flow" of this route and story continuing from this point was already set in stone, then one night James suddenly seizes up from his bed and goes like "damn i got a good idea for aradia's route" after Pesterquest had already released some routes
Rogue of Life

calamityCons

Post by calamityCons » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:37 pm

Okay I've watched the culmination of Tavros' route, and I must say it is truly heartwarming and touched me in the feels watching Kanaya work so hard to help Tavros create a more accessible hive for him to live in. There is a huge part of me that just super duper wants to crawl into the screen and give Tavros a big hug and congratulate him and just fucking, be happy about him getting some actual character closure outside of what happened to him in Homestuck proper. It's good and I liked it.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:50 pm

sigmatic wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:32 pm
thorondraco wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:27 pm
sigmatic wrote:

Personally I think the general "flow" of this route and story continuing from this point was already set in stone, then one night James suddenly seizes up from his bed and goes like "damn i got a good idea for aradia's route" after Pesterquest had already released some routes
Also possible. He simply had a few details to add to help it meld together. And it really works.

I gotta wonder what they mean by powers that be though. Obviously not Hussie. She would have said 'him'. EIther we talking about some deep lore, or she is referring to Dirk and Calliope. Could be us but we don't exactly have influence on reality, we are observers.

This route hints at and reveals a lot. Possible mechancis and weakness to Retcon. Reader has a classpect.

Also that, as it turns out, Horror terrors ARE like, better than we think.

Also this means Ghost Aradia is still a wild card here. We don't know what she is up to.

sigmatic

Post by sigmatic » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:55 pm

thorondraco wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:50 pm

I gotta wonder what they mean by powers that be though. Obviously not Hussie. She would have said 'him'. EIther we talking about some deep lore, or she is referring to Dirk and Calliope. Could be us but we don't exactly have influence on reality, we are observers.

This route hints at and reveals a lot. Possible mechancis and weakness to Retcon. Reader has a classpect.

Also this means Ghost Aradia is still a wild card here. We don't know what she is up to.
I felt like the classpect comment was deliberately vague because of the "insert reader here" nature of the MSPA reader but then again, the reader is becoming more and more a whole separate character with an actual identity so who knows! (Gotta be blood if so)

Also with the whole "powers that be" that Aradia talked about: you're probably right, I was still in the whole "Doc Scratch is behind this" groove left over from Friendsim but Dirk, Calliope or some other meta-villain definitely makes more sense.
Rogue of Life

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:18 pm

sigmatic wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:55 pm
thorondraco wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 2:50 pm

I felt like the classpect comment was deliberately vague because of the "insert reader here" nature of the MSPA reader but then again, the reader is becoming more and more a whole separate character with an actual identity so who knows! (Gotta be blood if so)

Also with the whole "powers that be" that Aradia talked about: you're probably right, I was still in the whole "Doc Scratch is behind this" groove left over from Friendsim but Dirk, Calliope or some other meta-villain definitely makes more sense.
Honestly in terms of hoemstuck itself they aren't really 'meta villains'. The meta is part of Homestuck's very reality. It is a universe that works like a story being told, cause it is one. They basically became the closest thing to Q in Homestuck.

I had suspicions it wasn't Doc even way back then. I never got the impression Doc had powers over the narrative. And to note, been around the fandom for about two years now, if lurking until a month or two ago, so i had followed the Friendsims as they went. I had suspicions it wasn't Doc the moment he said he was "throwing quantum spaghetti at the wall'.
And in context, that Hiveswap, similarly, had greater shenanigans about.

Then the epilogues happened and as it turned out, players can gain the power to control the narrative somehow? And yea i got even more suspicious. Hussie could still be involved in pesterquest but he is not the only 'power that be'. And he had possibly lsot most of his powers.

Also i amcurious what the whole absorbing ghost thing could lead to.