Aradia & co.

Discuss Pesterquest, Psycholonials, Homestuck^2, and other related works here!
thorondraco

Re: Aradia & co.

Post by thorondraco » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:40 am

Flame_Warp wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:16 am
JakeMorph wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:24 am
there's nothing in the comic to suggest horrorterrors would be physically hostile to people around them. they blew the dream bubbles, after all
I mean, sure, but that was on the request of Feferi, and they were necessary to defeat LE (who they were mostly CERTAINLY hostile to.) They also decided to make the bubbles a tumblr hellscape where you literally lived and died based on follow counts. And I'm pretty sure it was said that ghosts who venture outside of the limits of the bubbles into the furthest ring get ate by them. Even ignoring all that, it's just odd that one would be AFFECTIONATE.
Crpal wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:30 am
Honestly, horrorterrors just get a bad wrap. They even made a watered down tv show just so they could communicate with the humans to help them because they knew their real presence would scare people. They aren't evil just beyond our comprehension.
I thought sure the humans made Squiddles to try to cope with the horrorterrors and not the other way around, but I'll admit I'm not up to date on the Squiddles lore. I certainly don't recall any indications that they were COMMUNICATING with it.
Actually i don't think they ever did that at all? Also the ghosts were actually incapable of leaving dream bubbles period. The bubbles gave them bodies to inhabit. So its kinda hard for them to eat anyone when they... double die i guess? Or at least their bodies fade and they go to whatever equivalent to the afterlife there is, the 'real afterlife'.

JakeMorph

Post by JakeMorph » Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:47 pm

horrorterrors have always been affectionate. fondling is one of the signature moves of inhabitants of the furthest ring since problem sleuth!
mod on the mspa wiki

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:34 pm

JakeMorph wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 3:47 pm
horrorterrors have always been affectionate. fondling is one of the signature moves of inhabitants of the furthest ring since problem sleuth!
Though they actively did try to kill the sleuths. If we consider the other monsters as also horro terrors.

Then again they might be allies to all those who are used and or rejected by paradox space. Then again the dream bubbles did greatly contribute to the destruction of paradox space too <_<

Then again the ghosts that survive now live in that timeline.

Maybe that is why even the All Seeing Orb borked when it tried to determine if they were evil or not. Its just to complicated an issue.

JakeMorph

Post by JakeMorph » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:00 pm

horrorterrorscourse quarantine thread

the beasts in problem sleuth aren't horrorterrors theyre lesser gods read up on your zoologically dubiois
mod on the mspa wiki

calamityCons
Pronouns: they/he
Classpect: Prince of Doom
Moon: Derse

Post by calamityCons » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:01 pm

Aren't lesser gods horrorterrors but not all horrorterrors are lesser gods...
#ReviveSpadesSlick #WVForNarrativeRelevance

Flame_Warp

Post by Flame_Warp » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:03 pm

thorondraco wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:34 pm
Maybe that is why even the All Seeing Orb borked when it tried to determine if they were evil or not. Its just to complicated an issue.
Rose going grimdark wasn't, like, a biological response to her mind trying to retain forbidden knowledge, it's just the universe throwing its arms up and going "Oh, goddammit, I don't fucking know, just have your eldritch power you goth little shit."

ArchmageIsACat
Pronouns: she/her
Classpect: Maid of Doom

Post by ArchmageIsACat » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:14 pm

the horrorterror's glubbing actually translates to "racism is bad" scratch is just a racist

JakeMorph

Post by JakeMorph » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:21 pm

that was already canon we know glbgolyb was telling Feferi to "unite the two races". subtext is all there
mod on the mspa wiki

JakeMorph

Post by JakeMorph » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:22 pm

calamityCons wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:01 pm
only the Noble Circle of 48 are referred to as "horrorterrors" in Rose's grimoire. it's possible the word extends to all of the outer gods, but it's never clarified
mod on the mspa wiki

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:27 pm

JakeMorph wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:22 pm
calamityCons wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:01 pm
only the Noble Circle of 48 are referred to as "horrorterrors" in Rose's grimoire. it's possible the word extends to all of the outer gods, but it's never clarified

48 is an intersting number. Hussie states its a lie but what if the lie is that all 48 were squiddkles?

We have 4 groups of both 12 aspects and 12 classes. So theoretically one could have 4 species. What if they were all part of an origin sessoin. But the squiddles and their friends got fucked over by a treachery, a fine print?

JakeMorph

Post by JakeMorph » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:28 pm

yes the 48 horrorterrors is supposed to match up to the 48 "squiddles" and the 48 signs in Alternian astrology
mod on the mspa wiki

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:44 pm

JakeMorph wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:28 pm
yes the 48 horrorterrors is supposed to match up to the 48 "squiddles" and the 48 signs in Alternian astrology
Was saying that in the commentaries he refers to that as a lie. But its commentary and all of that is doublespeak nonsense we need to dissect. One possible variation is that the not all of the 48 were squiddles, but all of them are now horror terrors somehow.

JakeMorph

Post by JakeMorph » Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:52 pm

yes I think you are probably reading too far into it. the squiddles are psychic representations of horrorterrors. there's 48 of them. there's 48 horrorterrors. doesn't need to be any deeper than that
mod on the mspa wiki

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:33 pm

JakeMorph wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 5:52 pm
yes I think you are probably reading too far into it. the squiddles are psychic representations of horrorterrors. there's 48 of them. there's 48 horrorterrors. doesn't need to be any deeper than that
Honestly its hard to not think deeper when it comes to Homestuck's stuff. The fact he once said they were sburb players kinda brings a lot of questions to mind.

calamityCons
Pronouns: they/he
Classpect: Prince of Doom

Post by calamityCons » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:28 pm

Hussie is an extremely unreliable source because he deliberately trolls his audience and outright lies half the time when answering lore questions. It is impossible to tell which of his off-hand remarks and jokes will someday become relevant once again later or not. Homosuck became the origin of the doodle image of John wasting his time way back in Act 3/the Intermission. The presumably facetious and humiliatingly stupid design for the Bard godtier outfit wound up becoming actually canon to the series. Hussie lambastes JohnxRose in one book commentary but backpedals and suggests certain scenes could be fuel for the ship in another book. There is literally no way to trust this asshole.

Besides, if nothing else 48 is a nice big number for hypothetical fan classpects and we all know the Classpect subfandom would have a blast at that. I say we let them have their fun.
#ReviveSpadesSlick #WVForNarrativeRelevance

Blob55

Post by Blob55 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:42 am

Aradia sucks because she never mentioned Sollux.