Wait a minute. Something from last ^2 update

Discuss Pesterquest, Psycholonials, Homestuck^2, and other related works here!
thorondraco

Wait a minute. Something from last ^2 update

Post by thorondraco » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:32 am

https://homestuck2.com/story/31

Dirk asks Rose how she feels about games.. What is he talking about? Sburb functions like a game. Why would he be talking about how she feels about games if they are about to set one up?

Wait. No.... I have wondered but, is it possible?

Hiveswap?!

dualfallen
Classpect: Witch of Rage
Moon: Derse

Re: Wait a minute. Something from last ^2 update

Post by dualfallen » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:50 am

I'm pretty sure it's just a reference to "I want to play a game"

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Sun Nov 24, 2019 4:03 am

dualfallen wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:50 am
I'm pretty sure it's just a reference to "I want to play a game"
If that was the case it would probably be something more along he lines of "Let's play a game." or "Its time to play a game/play the game." In that case he is making a pun. Here however he hesitates and then inquires about games. And is very vague about what games he is talking about.

Also when it comes to Hiveswap and the visual novels you get the feeling someone with powers like Dirk's is behind it.

JakeMorph

Post by JakeMorph » Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:03 am

yeah i think the 'powers like Dirk's' in Hiveswap and the visual novels is very explicitly Scratch's power. Dirk being heavily involved in Hiveswap would totally defeat the purpose of that game as a standalone spinoff.
mod on the mspa wiki

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:07 pm

JakeMorph wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 5:03 am
yeah i think the 'powers like Dirk's' in Hiveswap and the visual novels is very explicitly Scratch's power. Dirk being heavily involved in Hiveswap would totally defeat the purpose of that game as a standalone spinoff.
Docscratch doesn't have narrative power. If he did he would have counteracted Retcon. Cause considering John saved Vriska in the middle of his monologue about how Vriska is toats going to die, he would be very, very aware the timeline got changed.

And the visual novels heavily emphasize the presence of someone with narrative powers behind the scenes, and even in the friendsims, before the whole retcon reader thing, doc scratch described what he was using the Reader for as 'throwing quantum spaghetti at the wall to see what fits'. He is either not doc scratch or this is doc sc ratch dealing in a realm he has no true power in. His domain is basically having the script in his brain. He knew how homestuck would begin and end and the alpha inbetween. So the only way he wouldn't know exactly what he had to do and wouldn't have to be directly involved in the reader's adventure, as he prefers to keep himself at a distance unless it is his time to walk across the stage, is if what was going on was the active alteration of reality.

I don't know if it was some property the reader had before or if the reader was just designated with 'youness' as Dirk would put it and thus his actions changed things, but it would explain why Doc scratch literally pulled him from the realities he would fail in. Cause doomed timelines were not applying properly and he had to actively remove him.