Mspa reader Theory thread

Discuss Pesterquest, Psycholonials, Homestuck^2, and other related works here!
rubs juice
Pronouns: she/her
Classpect: Page of Mind
Moon: Derse

Re: Mspa reader Theory thread

Post by rubs juice » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:07 pm

rookie1978 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 2:48 pm
rubs juice wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 1:01 pm
rookie1978 wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 12:55 am
Probably some kind of psuedo-carapacian
(some cockameamie bullshit by some crazy person)
Thank you for this.
thank you ive been shouting this at passersby for months they all call me crackpot but one day
one day...
Mafa || Page of Mind
Carapacian Rights Advocate || Writer of worldbuilding headcanons
[[visit my AO3 here]]
Check out my fanventure! Click on the banner <3

JakeMorph

Post by JakeMorph » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:19 pm

if the reader in pq is in fact the reader from jailbreak then yeah they'd logically have to be the same species as the midnight crew. the line where they're on prospit and say that the prospitians look slightly different to them makes me feel like this possibility won't be explore much though.

actually now that I mention it this reminds me of the shortlived snapchat storyline where carapacians blew up the moon to make it look like the moon in the midnight crew universe, implying problem sleuth and friends could become real at some point in the future. wouldn't that be a fun and sufficiently shitty way to tie the dating games in with the epilogues
mod on the mspa wiki

calamityCons
Pronouns: they/he
Classpect: Prince of Doom

Post by calamityCons » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:49 pm

I wanna give you a fucking standing ovation for that oh my god that was AMAZING.
#ReviveSpadesSlick #WVForNarrativeRelevance

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:52 pm

rubs juice wrote:
rookie1978 wrote:
Listen.
LISTEN. LEND ME YOUR EARS

[on spoilers bc this is image heavy]
the monster math
Show
The MSPAReader's physique is very similar to some people we've seen before.
These people? They have fenestrated windows that transport them to a dream realm, an imaginary land (Dream Bubbles?), not unlike some other people, who're able to get a glimpse into any place they want every time they want

Furthermore, take a look at Sleuth's inventory, and Spades Slick's inventory.
ImageImage

Very similar, huh? If you pay attention to the stories, both the intermission and problem sleuth have the same weapon-item feature. while the midnight crew use it as an inventory base, team sleuth treat it as a glitch. However, besides Kanaya (whose lipstick-chainsaw is a clear reference to Hysterical Dame), carapacians are the only characters to possess these sorts of items in the entirety of Homestuck, so it's a pretty fair assumption to believe carapacians are the only ones who can have these weapon-items.

HOW IS THAT RELEVANT, YOU ASK?

Well, I needed to prove the obvious link between carapacians and the problem sleuth characters, since that's not confirmed in the comic itself. However, through this thought exercise, it's possible to link this connection even further, to MSPAR themself.

How, you ask?

MSPAR is clearly the same one that appears in Jailbreak. Even though they're metanarrive and outside the universe, you can clearly see they're meant to be the same species as the jailbreak characters. Jailbreak, on its own merit, happens in the same universe as PS. (sources of images: PS, JB, JB, HS)

^this is us right now

MAFA, HOW DO I KNOW YOU'RE NOT JUST SMOKING A SHITTON OF LEGAL ENTORPECENTS AND MAKING THIS UP?

Let's get the Monster Evidence then

EXHIBIT A: JOHNS ROUTE

EXHIBIT B: JADES ROUTE

What we abstain from this is: MSPAREADER AND PROSPITIANS ARE VERY SIMILAR AND THE CHARACTERS ACKNOWLEDGE THIS

NOW LET'S GET TO THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM: IF THEY'RE A CARAPACIAN, WHY DON'T THEY HAVE NO SHELL?

Here's the theory: They do.
It's just soft.
Why would you think that, I hear you say. Well you see, think of all the things the MSPAR ate during their Hiveswap and Pesterquest journey. Not very healthy stuff, right? Not enough milk, I imagine. Perhaps you could say they're even malnourished.
According to this published paper, this is the (approximate) mineral composition in a crab:

If the crab is malnourished, it's gonna be missing most of the nutrients, of which Calcium is the one that shows up in the carapace the most
Calcium is the main biochemical component in hardened structures such as coral, sponges and your own b o n e s
so what I take from this is that if a carapacian eats poorly the shell would probably be easy to crack, or perhaps even softened

Enough to appear to be skin? Possibly!

This is my hot take

TL;DR: MSPAREADER IS A PROSPITIAN CARAPACIAN WHOSE SHELL HAS GONE SOFT DUE TO MALNOURISHMENT. GIVE YOUR THEMBO SOME HEALTHY MEALS
I applaud you for your very homestuck madness trip and joke.

I have also alerted the authorites who will not come to take you to the nearest asylum, cause you have clearly gone mad from homestuck and need treatment.

rubs juice
Pronouns: she/her
Classpect: Page of Mind

Post by rubs juice » Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:56 pm

thorondraco wrote:
Tue Nov 19, 2019 7:52 pm
I applaud you for your very homestuck madness trip and joke.

I have also alerted the authorites who will not come to take you to the nearest asylum, cause you have clearly gone mad from homestuck and need treatment.
Thanks

But also that diagnostic is wrong i've actually gone mad from lack of carapacian content
Mafa || Page of Mind
Carapacian Rights Advocate || Writer of worldbuilding headcanons
[[visit my AO3 here]]
Check out my fanventure! Click on the banner <3

calamityCons
Pronouns: they/he
Classpect: Prince of Doom

Post by calamityCons » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:10 pm

Addiction is a powerful thing.
#ReviveSpadesSlick #WVForNarrativeRelevance

Deageon

Post by Deageon » Wed Nov 20, 2019 10:02 am

rubs juice wrote:
rookie1978 wrote:
Listen.
LISTEN. LEND ME YOUR EARS

[on spoilers bc this is image heavy]
the monster math
Show
The MSPAReader's physique is very similar to some people we've seen before.
These people? They have fenestrated windows that transport them to a dream realm, an imaginary land (Dream Bubbles?), not unlike some other people, who're able to get a glimpse into any place they want every time they want

Furthermore, take a look at Sleuth's inventory, and Spades Slick's inventory.
ImageImage

Very similar, huh? If you pay attention to the stories, both the intermission and problem sleuth have the same weapon-item feature. while the midnight crew use it as an inventory base, team sleuth treat it as a glitch. However, besides Kanaya (whose lipstick-chainsaw is a clear reference to Hysterical Dame), carapacians are the only characters to possess these sorts of items in the entirety of Homestuck, so it's a pretty fair assumption to believe carapacians are the only ones who can have these weapon-items.

HOW IS THAT RELEVANT, YOU ASK?

Well, I needed to prove the obvious link between carapacians and the problem sleuth characters, since that's not confirmed in the comic itself. However, through this thought exercise, it's possible to link this connection even further, to MSPAR themself.

How, you ask?

MSPAR is clearly the same one that appears in Jailbreak. Even though they're metanarrive and outside the universe, you can clearly see they're meant to be the same species as the jailbreak characters. Jailbreak, on its own merit, happens in the same universe as PS. (sources of images: PS, JB, JB, HS)

^this is us right now

MAFA, HOW DO I KNOW YOU'RE NOT JUST SMOKING A SHITTON OF LEGAL ENTORPECENTS AND MAKING THIS UP?

Let's get the Monster Evidence then

EXHIBIT A: JOHNS ROUTE

EXHIBIT B: JADES ROUTE

What we abstain from this is: MSPAREADER AND PROSPITIANS ARE VERY SIMILAR AND THE CHARACTERS ACKNOWLEDGE THIS

NOW LET'S GET TO THE ELEPHANT IN THE ROOM: IF THEY'RE A CARAPACIAN, WHY DON'T THEY HAVE NO SHELL?

Here's the theory: They do.
It's just soft.
Why would you think that, I hear you say. Well you see, think of all the things the MSPAR ate during their Hiveswap and Pesterquest journey. Not very healthy stuff, right? Not enough milk, I imagine. Perhaps you could say they're even malnourished.
According to this published paper, this is the (approximate) mineral composition in a crab:

If the crab is malnourished, it's gonna be missing most of the nutrients, of which Calcium is the one that shows up in the carapace the most
Calcium is the main biochemical component in hardened structures such as coral, sponges and your own b o n e s
so what I take from this is that if a carapacian eats poorly the shell would probably be easy to crack, or perhaps even softened

Enough to appear to be skin? Possibly!

This is my hot take

TL;DR: MSPAREADER IS A PROSPITIAN CARAPACIAN WHOSE SHELL HAS GONE SOFT DUE TO MALNOURISHMENT. GIVE YOUR THEMBO SOME HEALTHY MEALS
I have to say this is probably some of the best theory crafting out here, but may I postulate this, maybe MSPAR is so soft because how much of a sweet lil mfer they are...artificially modified huggablity