I'm Not afraid for HS^2

Discuss Pesterquest, Psycholonials, Homestuck^2, and other related works here!
horse

I'm Not afraid for HS^2

Post by horse » Sun Nov 17, 2019 7:56 am

to me its just fun cartoons and words to read

Dream Muttman

Re: I'm Not afraid for HS^2

Post by Dream Muttman » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:01 am

Cool
Witness my golem:
:candy: :meat: :candy:
:candycorn: :candycorn: :candycorn: :candycorn:

Has it grown since you last saw it?

RoyalFiddle
Classpect: Mage of Time
Moon: Prospit

Post by RoyalFiddle » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:02 am

I'm not afraid at all, HS^2 has so far been some of the best Homestuck content we've had in years, barring the games. I'm excited to see where it ends up going, even if my theory is entirely dumb as hell and probably won't happen
ROS3S 4R3 BL4CK
V1OL3TS 4R3 BL4CK
3V3RYTH1NG 1S BL4CK
1M BL1ND
>:]

heroboof
Pronouns: he/him/his
Classpect: rogue of heart
Moon: Derse

Post by heroboof » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:02 am

i like stinky cape man.

(also as a huge DirkJake shipper, I'm excited to see the "totally not pining" pining.)

and fuck me sideways am i excited for more terezi shenanigans! i wanna see that funky alien lady eat ALL this man's plants.

Daz

Post by Daz » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:29 am

A positivity thread? Fuck it, I'll bite.

I liked the Dirk/Rose interactions in the epilogue (one of the best parts in it IMO), so I'm interested in seeing more - especially since Terezi is thrown in the mix as well, and her own brand of charming insanity could be an interesting addition. The art is fairly well done so far, and there were some segments that I genuinely made me laugh.

VASKA
Pronouns: She/her, They/them

Post by VASKA » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:50 am

I'm not a fan of the "canon" gimmick, but honestly I'm enjoying HS^2 so far. I actually never really liked Dirk as a character, but the little bit we've seen of him so far makes him much more interesting to me. More than that, I'm excited! I really can't see this going any way other than into a fun new direction for Homestuck, and I actually have faith the new writers will be able to handle that direction well. Despite the naysayers, I'm massively enjoying Pesterquest and HS^2.
Only cuties survive the near future

seerofheart
Pronouns: He/Him
Classpect: Seer of Heart

Post by seerofheart » Sun Nov 17, 2019 8:06 pm

I love HS^2! I am very excited for what this team will put together. It's only updated once though, for better or for worse, so it's weird that people are writing it off already. Haters just gotta hate!

I also didnt like Dirk before the Epilogues, and now I am deeply in love with the Prince of Heart, so I'm excited to see more of this White Haired Evil Gay take over the plot.
Welcome back to 2007

xxSeerxofxHeartxx

You're keeping in step
In the line
Got your chin held high and you feel just fine
Because you do
What you're told
But inside your heart it is black and it's hollow and it's cold

ThePungeonMaster
Classpect: Seer of Breath

Post by ThePungeonMaster » Sun Nov 17, 2019 9:10 pm

Fuck guess I might as well post here too
Honestly, my hopes are high for HS 2, it's cool to experience the same kind of update culture the og fans experienced back in 2009, and seeing as the Strider brothers are my favorite characters, I think it will be cool to see how their relationship to turn out given the circumstances. I'm also excited to see how the characters look post epilogues, all the candy kids, Rosebot and Terezi, and everyone else for that matter.
June X Vriska is the best ship.

Flame_Warp

Post by Flame_Warp » Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:48 am

It's on thin ice, but so far it's been a good showing. I just hope that it gives us 1: An actual ending and 2: Not one that leaves basically every character involved somewhere worse than they started, with nothing but lip service to them totally thinking it's okay (In ways that feel incredibly forced and ingenuine from a writing standpoint, not a character one).

Also please for the love of God have some regular-ass Dirk confront Ult!Dirk and just see the utter "Yikes" from him. Because I despise everything about this as an ending to Dirk's story, even if you assume that he's fronting and is trying to elaborately force assisted suicide (which I buy less and less with everything Ult!Dirk does)

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:40 am

Flame_Warp wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:48 am
It's on thin ice, but so far it's been a good showing. I just hope that it gives us 1: An actual ending and 2: Not one that leaves basically every character involved somewhere worse than they started, with nothing but lip service to them totally thinking it's okay (In ways that feel incredibly forced and ingenuine from a writing standpoint, not a character one).

Also please for the love of God have some regular-ass Dirk confront Ult!Dirk and just see the utter "Yikes" from him. Because I despise everything about this as an ending to Dirk's story, even if you assume that he's fronting and is trying to elaborately force assisted suicide (which I buy less and less with everything Ult!Dirk does)
I am pretty sure Dirk has a much larger ambition than wanting to be killed. If he didn't then why would Alt Calliope fear him so? He is a major threat to whatever is supposed to happen next.

Also I wonder how that would work. Ultimate dirk is the culmination of all incarnations of himself coming together. Would that include a dirk confronting him? Would he see and know what htis dirk was thinking, cause he remembers what this dirk was thinking at that point? Or does this only work when the individuals are dead?

VASKA
Pronouns: She/her, They/them

Post by VASKA » Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:40 am

Flame_Warp wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 12:48 am

I doubt this is an elaborate suicide attempt by dirk. As seen in the candy timeline, if Dirk wants to die, hes more than capable of doing it himself.
Only cuties survive the near future

furrylatula
Pronouns: he/him

Post by furrylatula » Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:57 am

what i wanna know is WHATS THE MOST IMPORTANT SESSION????

the speculation ive seen and done so far:
-mspar’s session
-beforus/a1 session
-obama’s session
-squiddle session
-entirely new species session
did trans vriska real

Generalrabogolfo
Pronouns: El, el rabo
Classpect: bard of mind

Post by Generalrabogolfo » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:09 am

furrylatula wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:57 am

-mspar’s session
-beforus/a1 session
-obama’s session
-squiddle session
it must be something so transcendental that the creation of a black hole the size of reality itself would look like nothing on comparison, so I doubt its any of those things (except maybe the squiddle session, if it leads to the creation of the horrorterrors).
:rosecool:

egg
Pronouns: any
Classpect: Prince of Breath

Post by egg » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:21 am

furrylatula wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 10:57 am

-mspar’s session
-beforus/a1 session
-obama’s session
-squiddle session
Obama is the most powerful Homestuck character so obviously his session is the most important
I am a person who has English as their second language. Please bear with me.

TH4NK YOU B3N
Pronouns: he/him
Classpect: Mage of Heart
Moon: Prospit

Post by TH4NK YOU B3N » Mon Nov 18, 2019 11:32 am

VASKA wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 7:40 am
I doubt this is an elaborate suicide attempt by dirk. As seen in the candy timeline, if Dirk wants to die, hes more than capable of doing it himself.
The chapter where he died was written in the second person, which means there was some sort of mind control shit involved.
only bad takes here

Flame_Warp

Post by Flame_Warp » Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:40 pm

thorondraco wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 1:40 am
Also I wonder how that would work. Ultimate dirk is the culmination of all incarnations of himself coming together. Would that include a dirk confronting him? Would he see and know what htis dirk was thinking, cause he remembers what this dirk was thinking at that point? Or does this only work when the individuals are dead?
I mean, he may be (Or believes he is) some sort of physical culmination of the collective identity of Dirk Strider, but that doesn't mean every single Dirk across all timelines is like...gone. Or necessarily has anything to do with him, outside of being part of his little sea he blabs about.

seerofheart
Pronouns: He/Him
Classpect: Seer of Heart

Post by seerofheart » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:51 pm

I don't think Dirk is trying to do an elaborate assisted suicide at all.

I think he's absolutely terrified of dying. Killing off his alter egos is no big deal because in his heart they all return to the source (Ult!Dirk) But the very essence of Dirk being destroyed? Nothing is more terrifying. Because part of him is Hal, and Hal's desire for self-preservation is key. But I think his desire to continue existing is a much more massive horror than just he, a single character, ceasing to exist. I think he fears the end of the story of Homestuck because that means dissolution for the characters. People will forget about Homestuck and move on, occasionally looking back fondly on "what was" whereas Dirk wants the story to keep happening. It needs to keep happening, or he and his friends are as good as dead.

So even if Ult!Dirk has to be killed, as long as Homestuck keeps happening he will die satisfied.
Welcome back to 2007

xxSeerxofxHeartxx

You're keeping in step
In the line
Got your chin held high and you feel just fine
Because you do
What you're told
But inside your heart it is black and it's hollow and it's cold

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:59 pm

seerofheart wrote:
Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:51 pm
I don't think Dirk is trying to do an elaborate assisted suicide at all.

I think he's absolutely terrified of dying. Killing off his alter egos is no big deal because in his heart they all return to the source (Ult!Dirk) But the very essence of Dirk being destroyed? Nothing is more terrifying. Because part of him is Hal, and Hal's desire for self-preservation is key. But I think his desire to continue existing is a much more massive horror than just he, a single character, ceasing to exist. I think he fears the end of the story of Homestuck because that means dissolution for the characters. People will forget about Homestuck and move on, occasionally looking back fondly on "what was" whereas Dirk wants the story to keep happening. It needs to keep happening, or he and his friends are as good as dead.

So even if Ult!Dirk has to be killed, as long as Homestuck keeps happening he will die satisfied.
I don't think the threat is dissolution. Basically speaking, their timeline would always be true to the alpha timeline and thus would always have the Truth pillar intact. Not to mention that timeline has to loop back out of the frog and lead to the various Sessions that frog will create/birth. However it needed to complete that essential loop. Rose told John he had to beat lord english but the reality is that is secondary. The loop is what was needed to happen. Lord english was going to be consumed by the black hole anyway.

A truer threat is imprisonment and death though. The narrative imprisoning them all in a gilded cage until introspection from long life inevitably leads to unlocking their ultimtae self, and dying of its sickness. He fears not death but that the existence of himself and his friends would be made meaningless. That they are thrown away to rot once their use is over. Transcendence without a body that can withstand it is no different than death.