"Future Approach to Homestuck^2"

Discuss Pesterquest, Psycholonials, Homestuck^2, and other related works here!
_DASHFLAME_
Pronouns: He, Him;
Classpect: Heir of Heart
Moon: Derse

Re: "Future Approach to Homestuck^2"

Post by _DASHFLAME_ » Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:39 pm

To be honest, I'm not sure exactly what to think about this. There are some things I like, and some things I hate. I guess I just don't want it to turn into a complete mess of a project. I really am looking forward to the story and where it's going to go. I feel bad about tons of the death threats and everything that was sent to the team; Even though they are doing something that will draw in everyone, it's only like 10 people, and they can only do so much. regarding the story and plot itself, I like that they are including controversial topics, but I hope there isn't an abundance of them, then it just becomes over saturated. I think that there needs to be at least two more major character deaths that aren't the villains. I actually was thinking about writing a MSPFA about what I wanted out of Homestuck^2, but I am nowhere near as talented to write it, maybe I'd be able to write it in the future.

PilotBlackSmith
Location: Rio de Janeiro (Hell) - Brazil (Hell 2: Super Hell)
Pronouns: He/Him
Classpect: Heir of Void

Post by PilotBlackSmith » Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:26 pm

who could have POSSIBLY seen this one coming?
:nepball:

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

TantamountTurnabout
Pronouns: He/him

Post by TantamountTurnabout » Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:54 pm

Honestly? Seems like this might be best for all parties, author and reader alike.
As much as I liked and didn't like in the epilogues, it still felt like a fully formed idea and experience with a point. When they moved to a more episodic update nature, a lot of that got slowed way down. Character moments got longer but less consequential, and events with real narrative consequence got more sparse. When you're writing episodically, laying down the tracks as you go, you can start worrying about getting the most out of the current mood, characters, and setting; it can keep you from wanting things to move or change, either out of comfort with where you are or fear that you'll end up going in the wrong direction. There's more Hints that something important Might Happen Later, and the longer they go without being resolved (or even mentioned again) the more frustrating it can be to the reader. Switching to a One Big Chunk update would both allow them and Force them to figure out the full shape of the story they wanted to make, probably giving us something more similar to the epilogues (which for better or worse, felt Intentional, y'know?).
Also i blame no one for wanting to duck out of getting internet hate. Regardless of who you are or what you do* going from being able to use the internet as a relatively anonymous, social individual, to the target of a lot of people's thoughts and frustrations and irritations is Brutal.I was sort of impressed by hussie seeing how the harassment he saw his team getting differed from what he was used to, and that that difference meant something is, i don't know, better than the alternative.

*with some exceptions don't @ me
*demonterializes*

trying
Classpect: Rogue of Breath
Moon: Prospit

Post by trying » Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:09 pm

Thanks for posting the message here. I appreciate it.

Speg
Pronouns: She/They
Classpect: Maid of Light
Moon: Prospit

Post by Speg » Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:54 pm

trying wrote:
Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:09 pm
Thanks for posting the message here. I appreciate it.
Yeah of course! I found it weird that they took down the message on the Patreon to begin with, since it wasn't even Patron exclusive at first. Too bad for hs2 fans if you missed it in the first 5 days I guess.

luigi
Pronouns: ?/?/?
Classpect: Not Plumber of Pipes

Post by luigi » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:33 am

Maybe they changed their mind and today's going to be lit for homestuck.

Haha but of course not
spambot wrote:The passion amongst men is increasing.

harmoniousCalamity
Pronouns: She/Her
Classpect: Lord Of Doom
Moon: Derse

Post by harmoniousCalamity » Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:46 am

luigi wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:33 am

Haha but of course not
I would expect a joke update and/or one that is meant to poke fun at the fans Ignoring the fact that they've been rudely doing it the entirety of the epilogues/hs^2. in some fun and silly way that totally won't fall flat.
HC: There are twelve main classes Muse, Seer, Knight, Witch, Rogue, Heir, Page, Thief, Mage, Prince, Bard, Maid, and Lord---
YN:[yeah dude. Sylphs are fucking gay.].
HC: Shut up!

luigi
Pronouns: ?/?/?
Classpect: Not Plumber of Pipes

Post by luigi » Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:28 pm

harmoniousCalamity wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 11:46 am
luigi wrote:
Tue Apr 13, 2021 12:33 am

Haha but of course not
I would expect a joke update and/or one that is meant to poke fun at the fans Ignoring the fact that they've been rudely doing it the entirety of the epilogues/hs^2. in some fun and silly way that totally won't fall flat.
If HS^2 just started updating today and was really good all of a sudden I'd be happy.
spambot wrote:The passion amongst men is increasing.