HS^2 Chapter 15

Discuss Pesterquest, Psycholonials, Homestuck^2, and other related works here!
AsherCrane
Classpect: Rogue of Light
Moon: Prospit

HS^2 Chapter 15

Post by AsherCrane » Sun Nov 29, 2020 6:34 pm

https://homestuck2.com/story/376

Not my favorite chapter, felt like a lot of words without a lot of substance, honestly.

harmoniousCalamity
Pronouns: She/Her
Classpect: Lord Of Doom
Moon: Derse

Re: HS^2 Chapter 15

Post by harmoniousCalamity » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:22 pm

honestly i just didnt even read most of it i need to like go back and do that. all i know is that we have vent fun times v2 going on here, which is interesting ? i guess

EDIT: Also wasn't this updates art all sorts of fucked up---or is that just me?
HC: There are twelve main classes Muse, Seer, Knight, Witch, Rogue, Heir, Page, Thief, Mage, Prince, Bard, Maid, and Lord---
YN:[yeah dude. Sylphs are fucking gay.].
HC: Shut up!

BrobyDDark

Post by BrobyDDark » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:43 pm

Gee wiz glad to see nothing fucking happening /s

By the time the Meat Plot takes another actual step, the entirety of the Candy Plot is gonna be over, isn't it?

harmoniousCalamity

Post by harmoniousCalamity » Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:50 pm

Double posting so sorry, but i was thinking. like, what is up with Callie? like why is she like that. is it some side effect to being a half of a cherub that's not meant to like... be alive or what.
HC: There are twelve main classes Muse, Seer, Knight, Witch, Rogue, Heir, Page, Thief, Mage, Prince, Bard, Maid, and Lord---

vellinothewitch

Post by vellinothewitch » Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:41 pm

DAVE: only the most grizzled and and war hardened men doing only the most upsettingly ludicrous maneuvers can whet my discerning appetite

Double ands

Also

The art got worse

Also

The dialogue got worse

Also

The bi monthly update page is gonna be really weird and out of place for archival readers (assuming anyone reads this dumpster fire in the future)

There were like a few lines from Dave that even remotely sounded like Dave, I did you know what never mind I've already put more effort into this rant then they did for that entire update god damn what a honking piece of garbage it literally gets worse with each chapter.

AsherCrane

Post by AsherCrane » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:44 pm

I feel like Dave really went in for way too long. From an objective standpoint, I don't think I can recall (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong,) a point where Dave has ever spouted so many long pages of absolute nonsense to deflect anything, and for a subjective conclusion, it went past the point of being a joke and went on to the point where I just wanted them to get to the point.

I did find: "ROXY: i am getting sick and tired of davekat" pretty funny when I read that, though.

On top of that, the entire chapter seems to exist to poke fun at and make a joke out of a plot beat with Karkat and Dave that seemed like they were playing straight. Not that Homestuck is unused to ending a serious moment with a punchline, just that this punchline seems so delayed that it feels a bit tasteless.

Shitpost Lizard
Pronouns: fuck/fucker/fuckface
Classpect: Maid of Hope

Post by Shitpost Lizard » Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:42 am

Damn Dave r u ok
Spoiler
Show
ertgffdgfdg.PNG
ertgffdgfdg.PNG (9.15 KiB) Viewed 36825 times
Yeah, the art for this chapter is... not good.
Maybe it's because of Hiveswap production? Who knows.

The extraneous and redundant dialogue is something I expect at this point, although I didn't expect Roxy to give a shit about Dave and Karkat macking on each other all of a sudden, because it just kind of doesn't feel in-line with his character at all.
Caliborn Did Nothing Wrong
|Taurrius|
SL: Get drunk and contemplate where you fucked up in life.

[I draw stuff.]

_DASHFLAME_
Pronouns: He, Him;
Classpect: Heir of Heart

Post by _DASHFLAME_ » Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:11 am

I'm at least glad that stuff is happening in the meat timeline, we kinda know what calliope is up to and stuff like that. I have no idea how Jade just took control back from ALt Calliope. And speaking of which, if she has control over her body again, does she know that John is dead and everything that he sacrificed for them? If so why isn't she telling the rest of people on the ship? if that's literally what she's doing then in my eyes she's as bad as jasperosesprite^2, you can't just play bystander in affairs this big. What I want to happen in the candy timeline is for Dirk to just create a session with humans so we can see more Sburb action. I also want SOMEONE TO FINALLY RECOGNIZE JOHN FOR HOW AMAZING OF A PERSON HE WAS. seriously why does the universe just love to fuck with john? John got the worst death someone could ever have. There is nothing worse than dying as a hero to let everyone else survive, only to be seen as living as a villain trying to make everyone die.

pfeffer-29
Pronouns: they/them
Classpect: Heir of Mind

Post by pfeffer-29 » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:26 am

What the hell was that?
you can pry karezi out of my cold dead hands

vellinothewitch

Post by vellinothewitch » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:32 am

_DASHFLAME_ wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:11 am
I'm at least glad that stuff is happening in the meat timeline, we kinda know what calliope is up to and stuff like that. I have no idea how Jade just took control back from ALt Calliope. And speaking of which, if she has control over her body again, does she know that John is dead and everything that he sacrificed for them? If so why isn't she telling the rest of people on the ship? if that's literally what she's doing then in my eyes she's as bad as jasperosesprite^2, you can't just play bystander in affairs this big. What I want to happen in the candy timeline is for Dirk to just create a session with humans so we can see more Sburb action. I also want SOMEONE TO FINALLY RECOGNIZE JOHN FOR HOW AMAZING OF A PERSON HE WAS. seriously why does the universe just love to fuck with john? John got the worst death someone could ever have. There is nothing worse than dying as a hero to let everyone else survive, only to be seen as living as a villain trying to make everyone die.
Because he's a straight white male and the authors are sjw hacks?

harmoniousCalamity

Post by harmoniousCalamity » Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:06 am

vellinothewitch wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:32 am
_DASHFLAME_ wrote:
Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:11 am
snip snop
Hussie has that tumblrone to fill, john is most likely going to become june at some point still

vellinothewitch

Post by vellinothewitch » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:32 pm

harmoniousCalamity wrote: tumblrone
Nice pun

BrobyDDark

Post by BrobyDDark » Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:10 pm

harmoniousCalamity wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:06 am
vellinothewitch wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:32 am

Hussie has that tumblrone to fill, john is most likely going to become june at some point still
June is gonna singlehandedly be the worst handled thing in the entirety of Homestuck2. Mark my words.

Shitpost Lizard

Post by Shitpost Lizard » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:35 pm

Remember when there was a whole-ass expensive Kickstarter reward to have fantrolls appear in HS proper,
and they were killed off in two pages with no dialogue?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Yeah, I know assets existed of them for Hiveswap. But unless something happens down the line, there's no evidence it's happening under the current dev team.
|Taurrius|

[I draw stuff.]

AsherCrane

Post by AsherCrane » Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:14 pm

Shitpost Lizard wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:35 pm
Remember when there was a whole-ass expensive Kickstarter reward to have fantrolls appear in HS proper,
and they were killed off in two pages with no dialogue?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Yeah, I know assets existed of them for Hiveswap. But unless something happens down the line, there's no evidence it's happening under the current dev team.
I was under the impression it was a certain amount of money for one page of them, and then a great amount for more time?

IamtheFather
Pronouns: GOD

Post by IamtheFather » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:44 pm

WHY ARE WE STILL HERE?

JUST TO SUFFER?

Shitpost Lizard

Post by Shitpost Lizard » Tue Dec 01, 2020 10:57 pm

AsherCrane wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:14 pm
I was under the impression it was a certain amount of money for one page of them, and then a great amount for more time?
It's been a while so I could be wrong,
but I'm pretty sure it was an asston of money for the ability to appear, and an asston of extra money to have them live longer or whatever.

My sole point being that it's kind of shitty to just kill off the characters of people who paid you a ton of money, but because you find a chocolate bar, you can just edit canon attributes of the official characters to whatever you want.
|Taurrius|

[I draw stuff.]

calamityCons
Pronouns: they/he
Classpect: Prince of Doom

Post by calamityCons » Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:51 pm

I'm keeping an eye on this thread because the "tumblrone" jokes are stepping into a transphobia gray area. The conversation seems dead for this update though because nothing fucking happened at all, so what even is there to talk about yknow?
#ReviveSpadesSlick #WVForNarrativeRelevance

PilotBlackSmith
Location: Rio de Janeiro (Hell) - Brazil (Hell 2: Super Hell)
Pronouns: He/Him
Classpect: Heir of Void

Post by PilotBlackSmith » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:01 pm

this feels like a 90s anime that caught up to a manga and now has to move at a snails pace before doing a hiatus so the manga can catch up

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

vellinothewitch

Post by vellinothewitch » Wed Dec 02, 2020 9:14 pm

calamityCons wrote:
Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:51 pm
I'm keeping an eye on this thread because the "tumblrone" jokes are stepping into a transphobia gray area. The conversation seems dead for this update though because nothing fucking happened at all, so what even is there to talk about yknow?
But if someone wished for a gay/trans character to be straight/cis then we'd have a real problem on our hands.

There's nothing wrong with criticizing choices made in a story - the authors aren't exempt from certain criticisms just because the fictional characters identify a certain way.

I'm trans btw and this is hilarious to read, it's just as bad as the update making dirk homophobic out of nowhere.

"Trans transphobes? In my homestuck? It's more common than you'd think. More at 11."