PESTERCHUM 3.41: The ride never stops edition

Got an fandom-related project, site, or theme? Want to start one? Looking for fan meetups in your area? Post in here.
insomniacsCataclysm
Pronouns: He/They

Re: PESTERCHUM 3.41: The ride never stops edition

Post by insomniacsCataclysm » Mon Nov 06, 2023 4:58 pm

I'm actually having the same issue as the person before me, but I haven't found any way to fix it. 10 of my characters are online despite me only being actually active on my main, and there being no way that anybody else would have any of those handles (much less all of them identical to mine)

lavendersiren
Pronouns: they/them
Classpect: Mage of Light
Moon: Derse

Post by lavendersiren » Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:36 am

Okay, usually the most likely culprit to this is "check your toolbar for all the icons for all the instances logged in".
However, I do wonder if this is the case or not. Please mention if the icons are there or not.
Image Image

insomniacsCataclysm

Post by insomniacsCataclysm » Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:56 pm

lavendersiren wrote:
Sat Nov 11, 2023 1:36 am
Okay, usually the most likely culprit to this is "check your toolbar for all the icons for all the instances logged in".
However, I do wonder if this is the case or not. Please mention if the icons are there or not.
there's only the one icon, but three of my characters are active. no extra icons on the bar or in the tray

lavendersiren

Post by lavendersiren » Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:18 pm

Okay, in this case, I suggest registering your handles with nickServ next time you get a chance (I assume nickServ is still a feature, right?).
Something more immediate, have you tried pestering those handles to see what happens?
Beyond this, I think the issue might be beyond my technical know-how, unfortunately.
EDIT:
daydreamingAnimator wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2023 3:06 pm
So, um, after I'm done with a canon handle and I switch back to my main one, it's still marked as online. Is that supposed to happen? Just curious, 'cause I wanted to try role-playing as Tavros, but then I got nervous and tried to switch back to my main handle, but it still shows that that canon handle is still online. :(

EDIT: Yeah, I guess I'll just continue trying to role-play as Tavros for the time being, just until I can make sure I can stop having that handle marked as online when I'm not using it. :/

EDIT 2: Never mind, I fixed it! :D
Hey, can you state how you fixed yours? Not sure if its the exact same thing, but its always best practice to state how your problem was fixed in order for others to troubleshoot more easily.
Image Image

insomniacsCataclysm

Post by insomniacsCataclysm » Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:13 am

lavendersiren wrote:
Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:18 pm
Okay, in this case, I suggest registering your handles with nickServ next time you get a chance (I assume nickServ is still a feature, right?).
Something more immediate, have you tried pestering those handles to see what happens?
Beyond this, I think the issue might be beyond my technical know-how, unfortunately.
if i pester AN with IC, only the normal, singular window pops up. I can't reply to IC

what does nickServ do, and how do i register my handles with it?

lavendersiren

Post by lavendersiren » Thu Nov 16, 2023 2:30 am

huh, that's really strange, especially the bit about being unable to even reply on that end.
nickServ is a thing that allows you to register a handle as being yours, with a confirmation given when you successfully sign in using a password that you sent i for it. As for how to use nickServ, I suggest pestering it and sending the word "help". Its automated, so you should be able to get all the syntax answers from there.
Image Image