Reviving Broadwaystuck

Got an fandom-related project, site, or theme? Want to start one? Looking for fan meetups in your area? Post in here.
barexamkind

Reviving Broadwaystuck

Post by barexamkind » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:51 pm

c'mon gamers.
let's do this.

let's get ~ t h e a t r i c a l ~
for more bad takes and atrocious vibes, follow me on twitter!
https://twitter.com/barexamkind

classpectanon
Site Admin
Pronouns: They/It
Classpect: Sylph of Light
Moon: Derse

Re: Reviving Broadwaystuck

Post by classpectanon » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:56 pm

moved to fan projects :professor:
I'm more easily reached at classpectanon#4228 on Discord. I will respond to reports faster there because PHPBB's notification system is borked and doesn't email me when you report things.

spankety

Post by spankety » Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:13 am

there's been talk like this percolating since about SAHcon and the panel directed by @articulatelyComposed (and to a probably lesser degree, the listen party by myself) and what's come out of it so far is a discord server and a twitter for UniverseC#.

Since broadwaystuck in 2011/early 2012 there's been like a dozen different parody singing projects that have all gone just about like:
  • hey we should do broadwaystuck again (nevermind the Creative Differences that dissolved it in the first place)
  • let's put out a casting call. one actor per character!
  • the most popular characters get picked first and auditions taper off because everyone wants to sing vriska and no one wants to sing jake
  • song choices are then somewhat limited to the character-actors that were cast so far
  • one/many of the key characters gets busy and ghosts
  • more casting calls to replace them because other interested parties already left for their own thing
  • project tapers off
this is what I have seen from combing through blog after blog of these groups on Tumblr.

what UC# is doing differently is doing away with the casting. it's just a collection of people who have mics and an inclination for the idea. anyone who wants to sing vriska can sing vriska and still affiliate with the group. there is no "official UC# vriska" and therefore no "shucks, go start your own group" to anyone else with a vriska song idea. if you have a clear mic and can hold a tune and/or a beat you are in, and that gets you into a server where you can work on singing what you want and finding people to collaborate with.

As for specific song ideas, I'm developing a cover of Edges Of The World from Fun Home for Candy!Dave. Here it is so far and here's the song for those that don't know it. CW implied suicide.

heroboof
Pronouns: he/him/his
Classpect: rogue of heart
Moon: Derse

Post by heroboof » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:54 am

I've been itching to do some broadwaystuck Tav Crocker songs, but my issues are 1, i live right next to a not-busy but loud road, and 2, i have a roommate who's a former amateur VA/singer (and former homestuck), and i'm worried about being judged for my poor singing ability.

i'd need to develop my audio editing and singing skills- the latter in a way i won't be quite so judged. probably sometime when my roommate is out... or just talk with them about it.