Homestuck Cosplay, A History

Got an fandom-related project, site, or theme? Want to start one? Looking for fan meetups in your area? Post in here.
KnightOfRage413

Homestuck Cosplay, A History

Post by KnightOfRage413 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:42 pm

This is where we share our Homestuck cosplay stories, whether they be fond memories, hilarious mistakes, or downright horror stories.

I'll start. 2014, I was a new Homestuck, and Halloween was the next day. I didn't have a costume planned, and then my then boyfriend said he was cosplaying Gamzee. Cue a lightbulb going off over my head. I could cosplay Terezi!

The shirt is the only thing I still have. I superglued teal fabric cut in the shape of the symbol to it. Horns were rolled up paper coloured with marker, superglue to a headband. Glasses were sunglasses with the lens popped out, wrinkled red plastic glued over the frames. Body paint was not only Wal-Mart Halloween grease paint, but they were out of grey so I bought tubes of black and white and mixed it (way too dark) and wore it unsealed, just like that.

What other Homestuck cosplay memories does everyone have?
Homestuck since Oct 2014. I run cosplay meetups! Check out @ addriblack on Insta and Twitter. :pumpkin:

warren

Re: Homestuck Cosplay, A History

Post by warren » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:46 pm

ive cosplayed john since 2014 ish? and my favorite memory was cosplaying my first time cosplaying john at a local con and getting my first creeper pics taken of me (NOT EVEN A SEXY COSPLAY GUYS.) i was with a whole group of friends in homestuck cosplay because we were in a panel and the photographers weeded their way in and eventually i asked them to watch my bag while i went to the bathroom and in that time they left and it got stolen :jadesob: :jadesob: :jadesob:
mage of hope :cool3d:

princessluigi
Classpect: Witch of Doom
Moon: Prospit

Post by princessluigi » Tue Nov 12, 2019 5:18 pm

I was new to Homestuck. There were other Homestucks. Isn't that how all of these horror stories start?

I was at a two day con. I spent the day hanging out with a bunch of Homestucks, but I felt left out because I wasn't cosplaying from Homestuck, and when it came time for pictures, I had to get out if the way.

That same day I had bought a hat with Karkat's sign and grey cat ears. I decided that I wanted to be Karkat the second day.

So, I took a weird kimono-ish thing I had which was more like a robe, and wore that with the hat and called it Karkat in a Kimono. I seriously thought it was a good idea.

I didn't have body paint, so I attempted to make it out of shiny silver eye shadow and lotion. Then, when it undoubtedly didn't work, I wiped it off my face, but didn't have time to fully get if off so I was still shiny when I went.

I have no clue why I thought it was a good idea, and how people legitimately liked it, but that was my first ever Homestuck cosplay, and for some reason, I wouldn't have it any other way.
<^v^>

rookie1978
Pronouns: any & all
Classpect: Lord of Rage
Moon: Prospit

Post by rookie1978 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:29 pm

No history aside from thinking about cosplaying a lot but never doing it. :discontent: