Homestuck Music Wiki

Got an fandom-related project, site, or theme? Want to start one? Looking for fan meetups in your area? Post in here.
florrie
Pronouns: she/they!
Moon: Prospit

Re: Homestuck Music Wiki

Post by florrie » Wed Mar 18, 2020 7:14 pm

Makin wrote:
Wed Mar 18, 2020 4:52 pm
SBURB is online again! Now it can be linked on the respective wiki pages.
ooh, good to hear! updated the site (with the new commentary too) - thank you!
trans enby dog - she/they!

foreverFlummoxed
Pronouns: Call me w/e, idgaf
Classpect: Rogue of Light

Post by foreverFlummoxed » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:31 pm

Spent a "quick" amount of time checking all the pages for missing track art (except for albums that don't have unique track art)

Midnight Crew: Drawing Dead - Knives and Ivory (also track is named wrong "Knives and Irony" :cal: )

Homestuck Vol. 5 - Sarabande, Pyrocumulus (Kickstart), Skaian Skuffle, Light

Alternia - The Thirteenth Hour

Homestuck Vol. 6 - Walk Stab Walk (R&E)

LOFAM 1 - Thought and Flow

LOFAM 2 - Disk 2, We Won't Wander Alone

LOFAM 3 - Aqueous Armagourdden, Batheast's theme, Insomniac ("Thombs and Krypton" spelling error :cal: )

I didn't really check for flashes and song references this time (also where in MeGaLoVania are Sunsetter and The La2t Frontiier? not saying this is wrong but, where/when are they?)
FF: Personally, I think my skills are near-mediocre at best. that's really all there is to say on the matter.

FF: I couldn't figure out how to get it in the profile field so here's my YouTube channel

florrie

Post by florrie » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:12 pm

foreverFlummoxed wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:31 pm
Spent a "quick" amount of time checking all the pages for missing track art (except for albums that don't have unique track art)
oh wow, thank you!! this is a super appreciated surprise! :'o ive gone through and fixed all of these! wellllllll, except for...
i never bought this album before the track art was removed, so i cant access the art anymore. and unfortunately, this particular tracks art is also missing from GiovanH's track art archive - the main archive i use for track art - and im not seeing it uploaded elsewhere online! i dont suppose you happen to have this tracks art on hand, or know someone who would?
I didn't really check for flashes and song references this time (also where in MeGaLoVania are Sunsetter and The La2t Frontiier? not saying this is wrong but, where/when are they?)
thats cool! ive written some code to automatically alert me about mistyped references; sure its possible ive missed copying over some altogether, but thats pretty unlikely and i wouldnt want to put anyone to checking :P — also im not too sure! im honestly not great at picking out track references myself; most reference info is grabbed from the NSND reference database (which was moved here pretty recently, whoops, fixed link in credits).

actually wait, while writing the above paragraph i was listening to the track in the background, and happened to catch them :perky: theyre both at about 2:20-2:28.

thanks again for checking all this! ive pushed an update to github pages fixing all of these (besides the thirteenth hour); it should be public pretty soon.

edit: im bad at bbcode

foreverFlummoxed

Post by foreverFlummoxed » Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:53 pm

florrie wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:12 pm
i never bought this album before the track art was removed, so i cant access the art anymore. and unfortunately, this particular tracks art is also missing from GiovanH's track art archive - the main archive i use for track art - and im not seeing it uploaded elsewhere online! i dont suppose you happen to have this tracks art on hand, or know someone who would?
oh yeah i totally 100% have it (legit, no bs, completely)
Spoiler
Show

I'm so sorry but I don't

florrie wrote:
i wouldnt want to put anyone to checking
I take enjoyment in checking facts, documenting information, and music (basically I'm strange and wouldn't think anything of it)

florrie wrote:
actually wait, while writing the above paragraph i was listening to the track in the background, and happened to catch them :perky: theyre both at about 2:20-2:28.
huh, I've kind of noticed that before but when I saw it as "this is what the REFRANCE" I must of lost all memory of it, weird.

florrie wrote:
edit: im bad at bbcode
that's alright it's just brackets [ ] instead of ummm these → < > (also there are buttons at the top, in desktop at least, to use as a "make a thing fast" option)
also there's this link to a page
Show

it can give you some pointers if needed
Edit: Wait I just realized that could have been sarcasm
FF: Personally, I think my skills are near-mediocre at best. that's really all there is to say on the matter.

FF: I couldn't figure out how to get it in the profile field so here's my YouTube channel

florrie

Post by florrie » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:54 pm

foreverFlummoxed wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 6:53 pm
oh yeah i totally 100% have it (legit, no bs, completely)
your contribution is greatly appreciated. it has been archived for millenia to come. :andrew:
I take enjoyment in checking facts, documenting information, and music (basically I'm strange and wouldn't think anything of it)
alright same! :'D im glad im not the only person in the world like this, lol.
that's alright it's just brackets [ ] instead of ummm these → < > (also there are buttons at the top, in desktop at least, to use as a "make a thing fast" option)
also there's this link to a page
Show

it can give you some pointers if needed
Edit: Wait I just realized that could have been sarcasm
hehe thank you, it was like 80% sarcasm :candycorn: the link is a super helpful reference i didnt know about though, ty!!!

edit: oh wow i just realized my earlier post is from 6:12 pm, niiiice :3

calamityCons
Pronouns: they/he
Classpect: Prince of Doom
Moon: Derse

Post by calamityCons » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:41 pm

A note! "Batheast" should actually be written as "Bathearst". I'm unaware if this was an original error by the track name itself, though.
#ReviveSpadesSlick #WVForNarrativeRelevance

florrie

Post by florrie » Tue Mar 31, 2020 10:32 pm

calamityCons wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:41 pm
A note! "Batheast" should actually be written as "Bathearst". I'm unaware if this was an original error by the track name itself, though.
yup! i think i spotted this while going over foreverFlummoxed's notes. it's fixed now!

florrie

Post by florrie » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:51 pm

smallish upd8 out! featuring:
  • Beyond Canon, the new official album release!
  • entries for Hiveswap Friendsim and Pesterquest on the Flashes page!
  • individual credits for contributors to those games too! e.g. heres everything by Aysha U. Farah
happy 4/13! :apple:

edit: plus, all the track art and commentary i could find for the new tracks in beyond canon! :rorb:

foreverFlummoxed

Post by foreverFlummoxed » Thu May 07, 2020 12:51 am

I noticed a new addition!
Whatever the actual name for this is
Show
(the first who can guess which track this is without looking gets bonus points)
I also noticed that tracks in "Unreleased Tracks" are not part of the sequence of tracks (although it would be a bit challenging to figure out the order) though it may not be beneficial for some that are confirmed to eventually be released (Charun's Cave, beekeeper who? idkh, and all of the pesterquest themes)

Also I never commented on it before, but the new "official" track art for The Thirteenth Hour had my laughing uncontrollably for about a week. :devious:

florrie

Post by florrie » Thu May 07, 2020 2:24 pm

foreverFlummoxed wrote:
Thu May 07, 2020 12:51 am
I noticed a new addition!

I also noticed that tracks in "Unreleased Tracks" are not part of the sequence of tracks (although it would be a bit challenging to figure out the order) though it may not be beneficial for some that are confirmed to eventually be released (Charun's Cave, beekeeper who? idkh, and all of the pesterquest themes)
hell yeah!! glad you noticed! :) yup, unreleased tracks are not part of that ordering. in some regards it would totally be possible (exclusive releases on soundcloud and the like), but... there are a lot of tracks which just literally dont have a release date yet, but will be getting some eventually. we could ostensibly stick those at the end of the chronology, buuuut imo its just better to wait for the proper releases. theyll come eventually and then theyll be stuck in that ordering!
Also I never commented on it before, but the new "official" track art for The Thirteenth Hour had my laughing uncontrollably for about a week. :devious:
:perky: :rosecool:

florrie

Post by florrie » Mon May 25, 2020 10:25 am

large upd8 out! featuring:
  • four fandom album releases: Sburb OST (2012), Beforus (2016), Strife 2 (2017), and Perfectly Generic Album (2019)!
    (be sure to check out Beforus—it has plenty of wonderful track art and its commentary booklet has been fully transcribed!)
  • artist URLs, finally crediting musicians and track artists just like the Bandcamps do—explore the discographies and art portfolios of your favorite artists, directly linked from hsmusic!
  • album links, which somehow id never added before. both to bandcamp album pages and youtube playlists!
  • a fancy restructure of the homepage listing, putting new Homestuck^2 albums front and center
  • a <meta> description tag on the homepage, since apparently hsmusic actually shows up in google 0_0
  • chronology buttons for flash & game pages! it is not uncommon for there to be a bunch of links.
  • chronology buttons for contributors to tracks too! see where everyone came from in Team Dogfight :rorb:
  • credits for album cover arts will show up in chronology buttons now! so for artists like Shelby Cragg, who did a bunch of album art (e.g. for Cherubim), those will contain everything theyve done now.
  • many internal fixes to make programming hsmusic a little easier—and stuff to automatically make sure artist names are reliable and up-to-date
  • loads of fixes to artist data (← i do mean loads), commentary typos, missing track art, and the like!
hsmusic is pretty much the only project ive been working on this past week, but im really glad to have gotten this update out!! as always, feature requests and typo/error comments alike are very much welcome. have fun exploring the site! :mutie:

edit: fixed a typo in this post dfkjlsdz
edit 2: oh wow this was posted at 10:25 on 2020-05-25? i swear that was unintentional omg
edit 3: mentioned album links, since i completely forgot i added those,

foreverFlummoxed

Post by foreverFlummoxed » Mon May 25, 2020 12:44 pm

First thing out of the way: Holy Crap, so much content (so much) it's all so wonderful. I'm now wondering though, what fandom albums could be seen in the future? does anybody even know? does florrie even know?
I love this whole project and wish florrie nothing but good tidings going forward.

Second, new things to point out (oh, boy!):

Beforus:
Scratchlses Scraps - Track art and title typo
Funeral march of the living dead - a few typos I happened to notice in the commentaries (don't know if they are actually that way in the commentary booklet)
commentary typos
Show
SerialSymphony wrote:take my voilins away fro me -'Skip'/SerilaSymphony
Fayghost wrote:wakl them twice a day
Not really a mistake but, for Rex Duodecim Daemonia X (ReDuX) i found a youtube comment that kindly pointed out the order (I think, i don't actually know the Beforus album well enough to confirm or deny)
civil discussi9n | creeping blue/breathtak1ng | MOG^3/pious noise | Fatalism | Let me dance, let me glisten | aquasex renegade/The boy who lived (unfortunately) | r4d1c4l/The Mituna Method | Salv8tion | and finally Killer Beach (they did not point out The Thirteenth Hour, also i put this here because i noticed how the track references are listed in RDA proper) (wait it's Salv8tion and not Salv8ion? -8/10)

SBURB OST:
Lulling Lutescant [Prospit Sleep] - Track art and title typo: Lulling Lutescent
Emerald Icarus [Green Sun] - Track art

Beyond Canon:
After the sun - Track art
funny incorrect detail i noticed (unrelated)
Show
Image Horuss is wearing the Heir's outfit in DAMiterNEIGHtions' track art

florrie

Post by florrie » Mon May 25, 2020 1:01 pm

foreverFlummoxed wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 12:44 pm
First thing out of the way: Holy Crap, so much content (so much) it's all so wonderful. I'm now wondering though, what fandom albums could be seen in the future? does anybody even know? does florrie even know?
I love this whole project and wish florrie nothing but good tidings going forward.
aaa thank you!!! :orange: my biggest goal is to get pretty much everything on unofficialmspafans brought over...... but solo albums as well as most any with commentary booklets are always an interest -- so if there are any folx would be interested in seeing, requests are welcome :perky:
Second, new things to point out (oh, boy!):
(oh, boy!)
thank you vv much for all of these omg. ive got them all fixed and have pushed the update, it should show up on hsmusic.github.io pretty soon!!

hey, of interest: did you see the new commentary on Four Kids (and a Game They Played Together)? its vvv interesting for anyone curious about the direction of homestuck music going forwards, and is excellent commentary on the song too. its what prompted the homepage restructure! :kitty:
also i put this here because i noticed how the track references are listed in RDA proper)
ohhhh thank you btw, i should have thought of that omg. i was copying the references from NSND, trying to decide how to structure the reference list for that song!! ive updated the list order. (according to NSND the thirteenth hour comes right before killer beach, so i stuck it there.)

foreverFlummoxed

Post by foreverFlummoxed » Mon May 25, 2020 1:41 pm

florrie wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 1:01 pm

aaa thank you!!! :orange: my biggest goal is to get pretty much everything on unofficialmspafans brought over...... but solo albums as well as most any with commentary booklets are always an interest -- so if there are any folx would be interested in seeing, requests are welcome :perky:
interesting tid-bit i found: Moons of theseus was released 4 months before HS^2/Dirk's ship is revealed as "Theseus" (unless it appeared in the epilogues so don't quote me on this)
solo albums? so when is TBIY? I don't really have anything more to add to this.
hey, of interest: did you see the new commentary on Four Kids (and a Game They Played Together)? its vvv interesting for anyone curious about the direction of homestuck music going forwards, and is excellent commentary on the song too. its what prompted the homepage restructure! :kitty:
(read it now because of this) Ah, so the first album is the new "HS^2 themes everyone will reference in their music" like doctor, showtime, and endless climb were for Homestuck (those three seemed to be the most popular, endless climb with vol 5 especially, although i haven't checked the actual numbers)
Robert J! Lake wrote:no quotes of hs1 songs whatsoever
even though one song references showtime and Xauric referenced their own HS LOFAM song

florrie

Post by florrie » Tue Jun 02, 2020 11:34 am

the Beyond Canon Track Art Anthology has had its art, commentary, and art WIPs (:amazed3d:) copied over to the music wiki!! much thanks to project organizer Ucklin for keepin' me updated with it :) check it out! :apple:

(theres also one other tiny change to the page generator in this update....can you spot it??? spoilers: commentary images are now clickable and link to their respective image urls :3)

foreverFlummoxed

Post by foreverFlummoxed » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:22 pm

A few track related questions for information's sake: the Problem Sleuth Title Theme (featured here directed from here) was there a plan to feature it in the wiki, as it is referenced at least once (in descend paired with Sburban jungle after Atomyk Ebonpyre section) although the track "Sepultritude" exists i'm not actually sure it would qualify (it's kind of hard to explain considering i have about an estimated 15% of total information regarding it.)

How are removed tracks going to be handled? Such as "Mutiny" by Bill Bolin previously used in [S] Jade: Retrieve package and vol 4's first release (the track also is referenced in Descend right between Beatdown's first appearance and Showtime's first appearances) also a unreleased track from the previously mentioned artist "Non Compos Mentis" referenced in Descend paired with the latter half of Three in the Morning right before Pumpkin Cravings comes in.

Possible mistakes in Descend references- (can you tell this whole thing was based on Descend? :rorb: ) Skies of Skaia (beg.): it's actually Mutiny in the beginning Vagabounce: i can't seem to hear it (the section between Pumpkin Cravings and Doctor is a Skies of Skaia reference or maybe Skaian Skuffle does fit better idk) Dirgeish: I, personally, tried listing to the track and around where it is in descend and could not hear it (may actually be just me though)
florrie wrote:
Mon May 25, 2020 1:01 pm
but solo albums as well as most any with commentary booklets are always an interest -- so if there are any folx would be interested in seeing, requests are welcome :perky:
The only fan albums i've known of (that don't delve into fan adventures/are fan adventure albums... okay fully delve) are from unofficialmspafans, including ones i didn't think were on there but in fact were.

side note- while trying to find details on removed tracks due to reasons i stumbled upon this on the mspaintadventureswiki:Image (you might have known but i didn't and i thought it was cool)
side note side note: it used to look so much better on that specific page also on the Vast Error Wiki album page

florrie

Post by florrie » Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:03 am

foreverFlummoxed wrote:
Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:22 pm
A few track related questions for information's sake:
im not going to quote everything since it would be redundant but thank you for the input! to handle all of these good points i decided to go through this reference list and copy over data id missed before, like removed tracks and references to songs outside homestuck. i still want to do a bit more with this update before getting it out, but it should be out around mid-june!
side note- while trying to find details on removed tracks due to reasons i stumbled upon this on the mspaintadventureswiki:(you might have known but i didn't and i thought it was cool) side note side note: it used to look so much better on that specific page also on the Vast Error Wiki album page
oooh thank you for letting me know!! i hadnt seen. neat! :rorb:

florrie

Post by florrie » Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:44 pm

happy birthday karkat!
to celebrate, a new update to hsmusic has been released :pumpkin:

the biggest new change this time is a new navigation header on many pages! with stuff like links to the next and previous track in an album, and chronology links moved from way at the bottom of the page, the whole site is a fair bit more navigable now.

and thanks to all the critical links having been moved out of the sidebar, hsmusic is now usable on mobile devices! the site was never really designed targetting phones, but it should be a fair bit easier to read and explore through that medium now. :rorb:

the other big thing is........ a changelog page :amazed3d: it is a full archive of the changes to the site through the last seven months, and should be an interesting read for anyone intrigued by... the lore of this wiki, lol. if youre interested, check out the full log of changes in this update there!!

also! the album Ancestral has been copied over! its the follow-up to Beforus, and contains its own share of exciting new tracks, art, and commentary to explore :)

as ever, thank you for using the site! feedback and suggestions are always welcome; especially now, id love to get input from folx's experience using the site on mobile devices is like now, and what could be done to make it better. thank you for exploring the site! :'D

foreverFlummoxed

Post by foreverFlummoxed » Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:58 pm

So much content, florrie doing an outstanding job once again. Although, does the new and improved "unreleased tracks" listing have an organization to it? at first I thought it was HS songs unfinished and yet to be released with hiveswap FS mixed in, pesterquest tracks, then a large collection (oh my) of tracks from other things HS/fan tracks have referenced; but then it seems like there are a few out of place, like the some of the undertale tracks, so I think if I was going to politly suggest a restructure for the future, I would go with: the unfinished/possibly unreleased songs of HS, Unreleased tracks used in-comic, Unreleased friendsim tracks, Pesterquest, then the miscellaneous references (each section besides friendsim and pesterquest in alphabetical order because that would just be ridiculous to suggest other wise)

and now for something that isn't related to any thing I've said about the site before:
This
Show

Now let me explain: the left side of the box is a solid line (this is the case with all of the albums on the home page) while every other box on the site, from what I've seen, has a single solid line on the right side (for both of them every other line is dotted except for the one, of course) I do not know if this was intentional or even just a standard format with the site. I noticed it before and now I can't un-notice it
edit: I remembered that Secret ROM references Onett's theme from Earthbound (I forgot the official name for the track)

foreverFlummoxed

Post by foreverFlummoxed » Wed Jul 08, 2020 12:07 am

That page 5426 on the wiki is genius, I love it. The only name I could find for the Onett theme referenced in secret ROM (and subsequently XROM) is just "Onett Theme" and Descend references Fear of the Heavens at the end (paired with Penumbra Phantasm) due to the sound effect (the same that is also heard in [S] John: Enter village)

[S] Ride (Pony2) is missing it's "cover art."

This wiki is so good and inclusive of so much info, I don't know if I can handle it. The quality is just to overwhelming.