Homestuck Music Wiki

Got an fandom-related project, site, or theme? Want to start one? Looking for fan meetups in your area? Post in here.
florrie
Pronouns: she/they!
Moon: Prospit

Re: Homestuck Music Wiki

Post by florrie » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:08 pm

nuclear333 wrote:
Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:46 pm
I'm still working on my logging on universe A, and there are a LOT of new credits to be changed or added, to the point that it might be easier to just upload my .txt file rather than list them individually. I haven't yet finished Side 2, but I'm hard at work on it. I hope what I've found can be of use to the wiki.
sure, id be happy to have a look at your text file if thats easier! no pressure to go to the trouble of listing everything forum-wise. :pleasant:
trans enby dog - she/they!

nuclear333
Pronouns: They/them
Classpect: Rogue of Void
Moon: Derse

Post by nuclear333 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:29 pm

I've just about finished Universe A, but I'm waiting for some emails and private messages to get back to me. I'll start work on Universe B in a day or two, and if by then I haven't had any returned emails, I'll send you a private message containing my txt file, assuming that's alright with you.
They/She • Rogue of Void • TwitterThe Commbo Backups

calamityCons
Pronouns: they/he
Classpect: Prince of Doom

Post by calamityCons » Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:35 am

Every single one of you is an angel doing the Lord’s good work. The retention and conservation of all these music tracks is indispensable and I applaud all of you for doing it. You’re doing AMAZING
#ReviveSpadesSlick #WVForNarrativeRelevance

nuclear333
Pronouns: They/them
Classpect: Rogue of Void

Post by nuclear333 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:47 pm

calamityCons wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:35 am
Every single one of you is an angel doing the Lord’s good work. The retention and conservation of all these music tracks is indispensable and I applaud all of you for doing it. You’re doing AMAZING
Thank you! I care a lot about this music, and while I've personally had a wide range of very good and very bad experiences in the subsection of the fandom that is the Homestuck music community, preserving it in its original form is incredibly important to me.
I've just about finished Universe A, but I'm waiting for some emails and private messages to get back to me. I'll start work on Universe B in a day or two, and if by then I haven't had any returned emails, I'll send you a private message containing my txt file, assuming that's alright with you.
Okay I'm impatient, do you wanna do this over Discord or something? I haven't gotten word back from the emails I've sent yet, but I have a couple of other changes my friend keeps notifying me of, as well as my own observation I've just made today.
They/She • Rogue of Void • TwitterThe Commbo Backups

florrie

Post by florrie » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:01 pm

calamityCons wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:35 am
thank you <3 its been a real joy working with people to create, expand, and improve the wiki, and im always happy to hear folx have been getting good use out of the result! :pleasant:
nuclear333 wrote:
Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:47 pm
Okay I'm impatient, do you wanna do this over Discord or something? I haven't gotten word back from the emails I've sent yet, but I have a couple of other changes my friend keeps notifying me of, as well as my own observation I've just made today.
sure! feel free to throw a friend request towards Nebula#3271, id be happy to hear from you there :rorb:

PilotBlackSmith
Location: Rio de Janeiro (Hell) - Brazil (Hell 2: Super Hell)
Pronouns: He/Him
Classpect: Heir of Void

Post by PilotBlackSmith » Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:29 pm

Can I recommend adding the bandcamp of The Genesis Project's OST? it's a sburb fangame and they recently released their first bancamp album and after talking to the devs they seem fine on adding it as long as someone else edits the wiki

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

florrie

Post by florrie » Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:44 pm

reworking the landing page for an update coming to a hsmusic near you soon™! :rosecool:

(this is whats becoming of the update i was plotting back in august, so itll be a while yet, but there are some exciting changes to come :perky:)
PilotBlackSmith wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:29 pm
Can I recommend adding the bandcamp of The Genesis Project's OST?
absolutely! you should see it coming with the next release soon™ :rorb:

circlejourney
Pronouns: they/them

Post by circlejourney » Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:21 am

Hi there, thanks so much for your work on this wiki! Out of curiosity, I was wondering if there's a reason that some of the older fan albums on the same account as the LOFAMs (EDIT: the Unofficial MSPA Fans Bandcamp, I mean) are not on the wiki? e.g. Cosmic Caretakers and Xenoplanetarium. If there's a reason for this, that's all good, if not then just a heads up that those seem to be missing!

florrie

Post by florrie » Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:47 pm

circlejourney wrote:
Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:21 am
Hi there, thanks so much for your work on this wiki! Out of curiosity, I was wondering if there's a reason that some of the older fan albums on the same account as the LOFAMs (EDIT: the Unofficial MSPA Fans Bandcamp, I mean) are not on the wiki? e.g. Cosmic Caretakers and Xenoplanetarium. If there's a reason for this, that's all good, if not then just a heads up that those seem to be missing!
hey! thank you for the kind words :)

yep, im aware! theyve been on the radar for bringing albums over -- lately ive just been more focused on framework stuff for a larger update releasing soon. (within the month for sure!) still, theyre certainly planned! just probably as part of a smaller patch after the update :rorb:

(PS: since youre visiting the forums, i wanted to mention -- all your tracks and art are a joy!! theyre honestly some of my favorites across the wiki; thank you for everything youve contributed to the world around homestuck music :pleasant:)

florrie

Post by florrie » Sat Dec 12, 2020 9:50 am

launch of https://HSMusic.wiki

hey all!! i wanted to drop an update here, since as of today, 12/12/2020, the new update has been released -- and its a big one! :rorb:

first and foremost, i wanted to thank everyone whos given feedback or input, shared their research, or even just visited the wiki -- it quite literally wouldnt be where it is without each one of you, and im incredibly thankful for that. this update in particular was much more a collaboration with a lovely community of people than any prior, so i figured to make this announcement a little different from the others too, id celebrate all their additions and contributions here! :apple:

so, thank you to...
  • foreverFlummoxed, for helping immensely with collecting credit links for artists who were missing them before, for sharing a bunch of research on leitmotif references in the new Hiveswap Act 2 OST album, and for helping as ever with feature and update discussion!
  • nuclear333, for compiling an unofficial Pesterquest OST album & metadata and in general staying on top of pesterquest and friendsim data (FF helped a bunch here too!), and for offering invaluable support and critique throughout update development!
  • Niklink, for going to the effort of transcribing and double-checking every official track with lyrics -- including, mind you, so many that were altogether missing their lyrics on the wiki before. be sure to check out the Tracks - with Lyrics listing for examples of his excellent handiwork!! thanks also to him for offering uniquely valuable feature discussion and input, as did everyone else.
  • nata, for tiring through the endless techno-hell that is computers, and offering much help in preparing the site for its new home on hsmusic.wiki, now hosted (also thanks to her!!) independently of Ye Olde Corporate Githubbe.
  • Bambosh, for a variety of data checking, and for integrating the wiki so nicely into The Unofficial Homestuck Collection!
besides plenty other additions, one new feature on the site is a News page, so rather than redundantly cover the update details in full here, ill direct you over to Launch of https://HSMusic.wiki! to read more for yourself. :)

thank you so much for sticking with the wiki across well over a year of development!! i really cant describe how much it means to me. the site certainly isnt done development, so look forward to more updates -- and more albums -- as ever! thank you. :rorb: <3

edit: im so bad at bbcode lol

eldomtom2
Pronouns: fuck off

Post by eldomtom2 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:52 pm

I would like to say that I disapprove of fanart being placed above the tracks' actual art (even if said art is just comic screencaps).

florrie

Post by florrie » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:54 pm

eldomtom2 wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 3:52 pm
I would like to say that I disapprove of fanart being placed above the tracks' actual art (even if said art is just comic screencaps).
ok equius! :rorb:

Monckat

Post by Monckat » Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:38 am

i wonder if you should include pages for SolusLunes' music, or at least the non-Endless Heart ones? while those tracks were removed i think they included some real bangers (Switchback, Darkened, etc.) and i feel like in any case they're a part of homestuck music's history

if you need links for them i believe they're all still on SolusLunes' newgrounds page

[also i for one like having the fanmade track art front and center]

javitaxy
Pronouns: she/he/they
Classpect: Mage of Heart

Post by javitaxy » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:20 pm

Heya! I've been following HS wiki for a while and it's a great resource! I was wondering if The Paradox Music Team's albums were valid to be added? And if they were, then I can't find 'em... Thank you so much!
:ecstatic: Ey

minetree
Pronouns: any

Post by minetree » Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:24 pm

hi, i'm not sure but i think that the brass in "Infinity Mechanism" from Homestuck Vol. 8 references the strings in "Upward Movement (Dave Owns)". If you check and this is not imaginary could you add this to the wiki? Thanks.

florrie

Post by florrie » Fri Jun 17, 2022 9:37 pm

minetree wrote:
Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:24 pm
hi, i'm not sure but i think that the brass in "Infinity Mechanism" from Homestuck Vol. 8 references the strings in "Upward Movement (Dave Owns)". If you check and this is not imaginary could you add this to the wiki? Thanks.
Thanks for the catch! I'm not 100% sure personally, but I shared your post in the #music-discussion channel over on the wiki community Discord so others can share their input.

Just so y'all know, I don't get notifications totally reliably from the forum thread here! I'm not closing it or anything as it's still handy to have an alternate public channel for talking about the wiki, but almost all conversation goes on in the HSMusic Community Discord Server nowadays. I check it regularly and can usually ensure replies there quickly, and there are a bunch of other folk who are active, welcoming, and happy to discuss/chat there too!

If you share something here and it takes a while for me to notice, please feel encouraged to badger me via email, or pop by the Discord if you're interested. :rorb: