The Genesis Project, a sburb fangame

Got an fandom-related project, site, or theme? Want to start one? Looking for fan meetups in your area? Post in here.
PilotBlackSmith
Location: Rio de Janeiro (Hell) - Brazil (Hell 2: Super Hell)
Pronouns: He/Him
Classpect: Heir of Void

The Genesis Project, a sburb fangame

Post by PilotBlackSmith » Tue Nov 12, 2019 8:10 am

this isn't mine but I'm posting it to spread it out because it seems a lot people that don't know about it :jadesob:

https://www.sburb.me/

The Genesis Project is a homestuck fangame that tries to replicate sburb mechanics and the general gameflow, its in VERY early alpha but you can arealdy play sessions with your friends online. I wanted to talk about this game because a BIG update is apparently coming out this november and I'd like to find people to play this game with once it comes out.

give it a try and share your toughts, you need to register in the website so you can log in on the game and manage your sessions but the most recent build is arealdy generally playable.
Attachments
tgplogo.6bc97cb2112b.png
tgplogo.6bc97cb2112b.png (105.98 KiB) Viewed 14350 times

This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Sokota
Pronouns: he/they

Re: The Genesis Project, a sburb fangame

Post by Sokota » Tue Nov 12, 2019 4:20 pm

I had heard a few things about it, and saw some videos on it, it’s definitely a very interesting project! Definitely gotta get my friends together to play it sometime :>>>

calamityCons
Pronouns: they/he
Classpect: Prince of Doom
Moon: Derse

Post by calamityCons » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:33 pm

I've only heard of it just now and I have played for about an hour, and I have to say I am REALLY enjoying what is there so far. Some aspects of the game are more difficult to grasp than others which is perfect for replicating that Old Adventure Game feel. Though the UI's lack of point-and-click functionality regarding moving around (you just automatically attack with the left mouse key) makes navigating trickier areas a bit frustrating. Still, it seems REALLY NEAT
#ReviveSpadesSlick #WVForNarrativeRelevance

rookie1978
Pronouns: any & all
Classpect: Lord of Rage
Moon: Prospit

Post by rookie1978 » Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:28 pm

>replicate sburb mechanics and the general gameflow
Oh boy, good luck. :devious:

Generalrabogolfo
Pronouns: El, el rabo
Classpect: bard of mind
Moon: Derse

Post by Generalrabogolfo » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:00 am

do the new update destroys the earth already?
:rosecool:

Leddy
Pronouns: Any (They/He/She)
Classpect: Sylph of Life
Moon: Prospit

Post by Leddy » Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:43 am

Well I'm kind of grave digging a thread after not being on the site for years, but The Genesis Project has recently launched to Steam and it feels like an appropriate revival since I've recently gotten back into some Homestuck content again.

There's a new content in the game as opposed to a few years ago (As one would hope.), though it's still in an early state of development as said on the page since it has gone up on steam it has consistently gotten updates and the team is working constantly, now with workshop compatibility and a far easier system to use multiplayer I believe it's worth a look for anyone still interested in a Sburb type experience, with a lot of potential for expanding exactly how you want it with mods and such.
See the Steam page here and give it a try!

Alright time to go back into my grave again.
:mutie:

Javepeta connoisseur
Professional Jade Stan
Roxy, Jade, and Kanaya are the best Homestuck characters /thread