PESTERCHUM 3.41: The ride never stops edition

Got an fandom-related project, site, or theme? Want to start one? Looking for fan meetups in your area? Post in here.
stillhereiguess

Re: PESTERCHUM 3.41: The ride never stops edition

Post by stillhereiguess » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:52 pm

Hello everyone!

After learning more about Python than I thought I would ever have to again, I've managed to get the 3.41 version up and running, because when I tried to download and run the new one, it kept throwing me a "api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll missing" error.

But, and here's the big problem I'm having, I can't actually use the "Options" menu. It just crashes Pesterchum.

Has anyone else ever had something like this happen?

Thank you.

NYAPLZSTFU
Pronouns: he/they/it

Post by NYAPLZSTFU » Wed May 26, 2021 7:43 pm

whenever i try 2 log into any pesterchum acc it just says "F41L3D: [WinError 10054] An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host" does any1 know how 2 fix this ty

determinedPlayer
Pronouns: He/Him

Error message 51???

Post by determinedPlayer » Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:32 pm

I'm looking around the forums and for some reason these past weeks I keep getting whenever i open pesterchum "[Errno 51] Network is unreachable". Does anyone know how to fix this?

violentLibertine
Pronouns: he/him

Post by violentLibertine » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:13 pm

Hey, I am having an error where it wont let me log into my profile because it "already exists"...but its me theres no way anyone else has my handle. how can i fix this i cannot use pesterchum without it!!

ur+mom
Pronouns: they/them

Re: Error message 51???

Post by ur+mom » Tue Jul 20, 2021 12:40 am

determinedPlayer wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 9:32 pm
I'm looking around the forums and for some reason these past weeks I keep getting whenever i open pesterchum "[Errno 51] Network is unreachable". Does anyone know how to fix this?
im having the same problem does anyone know how to fix this??? :distraught:

celestialShark
Pronouns: they/it

Post by celestialShark » Sun Aug 01, 2021 12:52 am

Howdy! I keep getting "Errno 51" and I know I need to replace irc.mindfang.org with irc.pesterchum.xyz in a config file, but what exact file is it? I'm on Mac :]

arcaneAgilmente
Classpect: Prince of Mind
Moon: Prospit

Post by arcaneAgilmente » Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:24 pm

Surprise, I'm not dead! Updated the DL links and whatnot since it seems people settled on a server. I'd say stay tuned for more, but I can't make any promises. :devious:

silentHero
Classpect: Knight of Void

Post by silentHero » Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:47 pm

arcaneAgilmente wrote:
Sat Sep 11, 2021 10:24 pm
Surprise, I'm not dead! Updated the DL links and whatnot since it seems people settled on a server. I'd say stay tuned for more, but I can't make any promises. :devious:
Thank you for keeping this niche program alive.
There is always something so special about having a personal experience with canonical programs brought to life, e.g. Pesterchum. Please keep up the great work! :kitty:

genderGuard
Pronouns: she/her
Classpect: Sylph of Time

Post by genderGuard » Sat Nov 27, 2021 7:15 pm

I am trying to set up Pesterchum on my Mac, and the readme is telling me to run the executable, but I can't find one. It seems like all the package had was the assets? Help or clarification would be appreciated. :pleasant:

SixMinusSix

Post by SixMinusSix » Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:37 pm

Is pesterchum.xyz down? I'm getting Errno 10054 "An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host"
it was one of the few I'd get when mindfang went down.

castawayCardistry
Pronouns: no pronouns

Post by castawayCardistry » Sun Mar 20, 2022 3:43 am

Heyo!!! So Ive been having this problem for the past 2 days and ive searched up some stuff but I couldn't really find a solution no matter what I tried. I get this error called "F41L3D: [Errno 61] Connection refused", I clicked the R3C0NN3CT >:] button many times but It didn't work, leaving me to use the QU1T >:? button only. I downloaded the .dmg file from reddit or somewhere else which I dont exactly remember, and It worked well until the connection part. Is there something I should do? Also yes, I deleted and re-opened it but I have the same message. :distraught:

lavendersiren
Classpect: Mage of Light
Moon: Derse

Post by lavendersiren » Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:21 pm

Apparently an Errno 61 has to do with running into a firewall or something. You'll need to make sure that you let pesterchum stuff through the firewall (I vaguely remember it uses port 413? might be a different permutation of the number)
Image Image

friendlyChum
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by friendlyChum » Sat May 14, 2022 7:07 pm

I was using pesterchum and wanted to change my handle to turntechGodhead but it said "turntechGodhead is picked already! pick a new profile" this is very confusing for me. Can I get some help?

:cal:

lavendersiren
Classpect: Mage of Light

Post by lavendersiren » Sun May 29, 2022 11:37 pm

Ah, you wanted to use a canon handle. Those are usually the most popular handles to use. Only one person at a time can have a particular spelling of a handle at any given time.
While it may be difficult to get the current user to give up the dave handle (you could try pestering them to remind them of the one hour queue rule), you could however use an imperfect variation of it with much less trouble.
Image Image

floweringNight
Pronouns: They/Them

Post by floweringNight » Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:18 am

stillhereiguess wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:52 pm
Hello everyone!

After learning more about Python than I thought I would ever have to again, I've managed to get the 3.41 version up and running, because when I tried to download and run the new one, it kept throwing me a "api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll missing" error.

But, and here's the big problem I'm having, I can't actually use the "Options" menu. It just crashes Pesterchum.

Thank you.
Super late reply for future reference; but errors like 'api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll' being missing are usually a Universal C Runtime issue, newer versions of Python are dependent on it. It's a collection of DLLs present since Windows 10 that also got retroactively added to 8 via updates. If you're running 7 or an outdated version of 8 you might have to manually install them, downloads are on Microsoft's website.

The reason the original 3.41 runs without them is because it's build with a very old version of Python, which isn't dependent on them. :'3

SixMinusSix

Post by SixMinusSix » Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:28 am

floweringNight wrote:
Wed Dec 21, 2022 7:18 am
stillhereiguess wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:52 pm
Hello everyone!

Thank you.
Super late reply for future reference; but errors like 'api-ms-win-core-path-l1-1-0.dll' being missing are usually a Universal C Runtime issue, newer versions of Python are dependent on it. It's a collection of DLLs present since Windows 10 that also got retroactively added to 8 via updates. If you're running 7 or an outdated version of 8 you might have to manually install them, downloads are on Microsoft's website.

The reason the original 3.41 runs without them is because it's build with a very old version of Python, which isn't dependent on them. :'3
When I "installed" the new pesterchum all I actually did was replace the files of the original install and it seems to work just fine, apart from the occasional server-side issue that even the original pesterchum was prone to. So maybe that could be a solution too. I don't know.

inkMarsupial
Classpect: Thief of Time

Post by inkMarsupial » Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:12 pm

omg posting in 2023 but I am literally losing my mind scouring files and shit on my mac trying to get this to work lmao. I can get pesterchum to run and I got my chumhandle made but it won't actually connect to the server despite my firewalls being disabled and there being no antivirus software keeping it from running. any ideas? I know this thread is super old so this is kind of a last ditch effort ^^;

Dandylionfish
Classpect: Seer of Breath

Post by Dandylionfish » Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:44 pm

inkMarsupial wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:12 pm
omg posting in 2023 but I am literally losing my mind scouring files and shit on my mac trying to get this to work lmao. I can get pesterchum to run and I got my chumhandle made but it won't actually connect to the server despite my firewalls being disabled and there being no antivirus software keeping it from running. any ideas? I know this thread is super old so this is kind of a last ditch effort ^^;
LMFAO ME TOO DUDE ive done all the little things recommended in the faqs :'( add me on disc or something we should try to fix this shit cause im desperate to jump headfirst back into hs with this :nepball:

inkMarsupial
Classpect: Thief of Time

Post by inkMarsupial » Fri May 05, 2023 3:35 pm

Dandylionfish wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:44 pm
inkMarsupial wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 5:12 pm
LMFAO ME TOO DUDE ive done all the little things recommended in the faqs :'( add me on disc or something we should try to fix this shit cause im desperate to jump headfirst back into hs with this :nepball:
i'm so on it dude my user is limpfizzkit lmao jsyk

daydreamingAnimator
Pronouns: She/They
Classpect: Mage of Blood

Post by daydreamingAnimator » Sat Sep 02, 2023 3:06 pm

So, um, after I'm done with a canon handle and I switch back to my main one, it's still marked as online. Is that supposed to happen? Just curious, 'cause I wanted to try role-playing as Tavros, but then I got nervous and tried to switch back to my main handle, but it still shows that that canon handle is still online. :(

EDIT: Yeah, I guess I'll just continue trying to role-play as Tavros for the time being, just until I can make sure I can stop having that handle marked as online when I'm not using it. :/

EDIT 2: Never mind, I fixed it! :D
- Sophie <3