I had a mindshattering Reveleation about Vriska motherfuckers!!

Discuss Homestuck and related works such as Hiveswap, Pesterquest, Homestuck^2, and Problem Sleuth here!
thorondraco

I had a mindshattering Reveleation about Vriska motherfuckers!!

Post by thorondraco » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:46 am

Mindfang is Vriska's rufioh, except she knows she's real!

Generalrabogolfo
Pronouns: El, el rabo
Classpect: bard of mind
Moon: Derse

Re: I had a mindshattering Reveleation about Vriska motherfuckers!!

Post by Generalrabogolfo » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:11 pm

i feel the need to ask why is this mindshatering. i thought this was kind of common knowledge?
:rosecool:

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:16 pm

Generalrabogolfo wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:11 pm
i feel the need to ask why is this mindshatering. i thought this was kind of common knowledge?
Fair but it finally clicked with me.

MorganMustDie
Pronouns: f

Post by MorganMustDie » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:08 pm

yeah that was kinda one of the seminal "Vriska is a bad person" points, since she gave Tavros relentless bullying over something she also did in secret
Image Perfection.

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:16 pm

MorganMustDie wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:08 pm
yeah that was kinda one of the seminal "Vriska is a bad person" points, since she gave Tavros relentless bullying over something she also did in secret
Actually she didn't exactly do it in 'secret' as it were. She probably had no idea how much she was kining mindfang but she was also trying to make TAvros like his ancestor, knowing the potential he had, but did it the worse ways possible.

Major thing the pesterquest showed was, she was totally aware of whose ancestor was whoms i think.

Shitpost Lizard
Pronouns: fuck/fucker/fuckface
Classpect: Maid of Hope
Moon: Derse

Post by Shitpost Lizard » Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:17 pm

Their execution of this aspect is also relative to their signs, which is interesting.

Taurus is more comfortable in its own skin and its own habits. Rufioh is just Tavros' muse. He takes inspiration from him, but still wants to be his own person.

Scorpio is more prone to change and transformation. Mindfang is who Vriska wants to be and who she tries to emulate herself after.

I know that the trolls aren't direct reflections of their signs, but it's kind of neat that they lined up that way and shit.
Caliborn Did Nothing Wrong
|Taurrius|
SL: Get drunk and contemplate where you fucked up in life.

[I draw stuff.]

TH4NK YOU B3N
Pronouns: he/him
Classpect: Mage of Heart
Moon: Prospit

Post by TH4NK YOU B3N » Wed Jan 22, 2020 8:20 pm

Fucked up that Vriska can't distinguish her life from a LARP. Fiction isn't reality, but life imitates art. It should imitate art. That's what a Thief of Light is about.

But, remember, her insistence on fantasy and make-believe as childishness is something she shares with Eridan. They both say magic isn't real despite clinging to it. Later Eridan clings to "science" in the same way, despite not knowing anything about science.

Tavros is all too aware of the difference between fantasy and reality, because he lacks privilige. Vriska is projecting because she can't distinguish her feelings from the people around her.
only bad takes here

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Wed Jan 22, 2020 11:19 pm

Shitpost Lizard wrote:
Wed Jan 22, 2020 7:17 pm
Their execution of this aspect is also relative to their signs, which is interesting.

Taurus is more comfortable in its own skin and its own habits. Rufioh is just Tavros' muse. He takes inspiration from him, but still wants to be his own person.

Scorpio is more prone to change and transformation. Mindfang is who Vriska wants to be and who she tries to emulate herself after.

I know that the trolls aren't direct reflections of their signs, but it's kind of neat that they lined up that way and shit.
Considering the whoe fate like nature of Homestuck i think torlls tend to reflect their signs to some capacity large or small...

Have this theory that trolls don't operate by some biological randomization of traits like humans do, at least not to our degree. instead they have a template system. A sign equaes to a template and their reproduction gives new incarnation of that template different traits, but the template has immutable traits. Aspect and sway seems to be immutable. I would presume their sex is as well caus that is a major biological factor. Personality traits and certain genetic traits are mutable. Could have a version that is taller or smarter than the templte's norm, and of course their class can be different, and gender can also not match their given sex.

It would explain how ancestors and descendants work.