Rose has the easiest to understand arc of all the Homestuck characters

Discuss Homestuck and related works such as Hiveswap, Pesterquest, Homestuck^2, and Problem Sleuth here!
TH4NK YOU B3N
Pronouns: he/him
Classpect: Mage of Heart
Moon: Prospit

Re: Rose has the easiest to understand arc of all the Homestuck characters

Post by TH4NK YOU B3N » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:39 pm

I don't watch Star Wars so I'm kind of lost on what you mean by Empire.
Dream Muttman wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:21 am
The reason Rose consorts with Doc Scratch is because she prefers devil-like figures.
Me too???? That's why I'm always advocating the devil, and by advocating the devil I mean dishing out bad takes. This is called self-advocacy.
calamityCons wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:37 pm
The WHOLE POINT of her whole evil sorceress schtick was that she was going in the right direction but destroying herself in the process.
The consistent factor is self-destructive behavior. That just how it be.
only bad takes here

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:58 pm

calamityCons wrote:
Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:37 pm

If wanting to kick Skaia's ass for forcing her and her friends to destroy the world and dealing them specifically a really terrible destiny where they have endless nonsense constantly boomeranging back to them and can never escape their traumatic losses of their parents or the unfathomably large scale consequences of their actions, then fuck it. Let her be evil. I am rooting for the empire.

The WHOLE POINT of her whole evil sorceress schtick was that she was going in the right direction but destroying herself in the process. I would really like it if she could break the shackles she was born into as well as find her own absolution and self-worth. She's not fucking evil for doing that.

the powers that be/skaia ultimately want to create reality i guess out of the void but their tactics appear to be too controlling.

And i guess it depends on how you would define a villain. Thing about villains actually. They can be completely right to do what they do but still be labeled a villain because of the actions they make. Its all about perspective.

Basically she is 'evil' by the standards of their reality cause she wants to defy the machine that keeps it going, destroy and dissect it even if it causes the machine to falter. Even if skaia and the powers that be are in the wrong for not adapting to the personal growth of the individuals of the stories it relies upon to continue existing and creating new frogs.

To be fair its not as black and white (lol), because the truth is someone who can make the machine work for them can be extremely dangerous. We have dirk as an obvious one, but John arguably had to destroy paradox space in order to defeat lord english. Without the void though its possible the powers that be would have more influence than ever as all the blindspot is condensed into a black whole the size of a reality.

THEN we have pesterquest. Woah mamma meea here we go again. At least by how their reality normally works, that power can lead to bedlam.

TH4NK YOU B3N
Pronouns: he/him
Classpect: Mage of Heart
Moon: Prospit

Post by TH4NK YOU B3N » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:10 pm

i never said it was a good arc btw i just said it was easy to understand
only bad takes here