lets talk about clowns/subjugs

Discuss Homestuck and related works such as Hiveswap, Pesterquest, Homestuck^2, and Problem Sleuth here!
Dream Muttman

Re: lets talk about clowns/subjugs

Post by Dream Muttman » Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:56 am

Glb'golyb is never called a real horrorterror that I remember. It's likely that she's the ectobiologal product of a horror terror and something else, made by Doc Scratch.
Witness my golem:
:candy: :meat: :candy:
:candycorn: :candycorn: :candycorn: :candycorn:

Has it grown since you last saw it?

trashyvoid
Pronouns: He/They
Classpect: Knight of Void
Moon: Derse

Post by trashyvoid » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:29 am

JakeMorph wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:35 am
i dont think the other trolls making fun of gamzee for his pie eating necessarily says that's not part of his religion, given that they also make fun of him for every other part of his religion. worth noting that unhealthy narcotic habits are part of the juggalo culture both in the friendsims and also in real life. pie is also associated with clowns in problem sleuth.

on the other hand i'm not sure the horrorterrors would be considered associates of the messiahs given that lord english has made it his mission to kill them. their aquatic nature would probably have them more associated with sea dwellers
that’s fair, though this is written for an off-shoot of the canon universe! i was reading about how horrorterrors have their own class system and was thinking about Horrorterror Politics™️. a bit of my own personal headcanon but its having like one or two horrorterrors working with the messiahs so that they dont get killed, and instead annihilating the other horrorterrors to gain more power / coverage in chaos instead of like all the horrorterrors work for the messiahs.
it makes sense in my head trust me 😭 and im doing my own separate horrorterror lore doc for this off-shoot universe too
homestuck twitter // ampora season // dancestorquest
i like talking about the ancestors and drawing shit

trashyvoid

Post by trashyvoid » Sat Jan 11, 2020 11:54 am

egg wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:05 am
JakeMorph wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 6:35 am
on the other hand i'm not sure the horrorterrors would be considered associates of the messiahs given that lord english has made it his mission to kill them. their aquatic nature would probably have them more associated with sea dwellers
In all fairness, Doc Scratch did use one to keep Alternia under control. It's a bit weird.
yeah, gl’bgolyb was made to look like a horrorterror but she wasn’t actually one despite being able to communicate with them! so it’s not far off i dont think if one or two horrorterrors were kept alive to fulfill some purposes and then killed off later

JakeMorph

Post by JakeMorph » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:00 pm

egg wrote:
In all fairness, Doc Scratch did use one to keep Alternia under control. It's a bit weird.
he gave one to the sea dwellers, specifically to control the subjugglators.
Dream Muttman wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:56 am
Glb'golyb is never called a real horrorterror that I remember. It's likely that she's the ectobiologal product of a horror terror and something else, made by Doc Scratch.
i really don't think this is the most likely possibility given that we already knew there were multitudes of creatures who are beneath the horrorterrors in rank but still serve them and are still referred to as smaller and middling gods in much the same way gl'bgolyb is called an 'outer god'
mod on the mspa wiki

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:11 pm

JakeMorph wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 8:00 pm
egg wrote:
he gave one to the sea dwellers, specifically to control the subjugglators.
Dream Muttman wrote:
Sat Jan 11, 2020 9:56 am
i really don't think this is the most likely possibility given that we already knew there were multitudes of creatures who are beneath the horrorterrors in rank but still serve them and are still referred to as smaller and middling gods in much the same way gl'bgolyb is called an 'outer god'
Oookay, so Lord english was after the leaders of the horror terrors not the other eldritch horrors beneath them. It is still odd that one of their minions would serve, but it might not be willingly. It's coloration was altered to the lusus color so it might have been altered to behave AS a lusus, be compelled to protect the fuschia blood.

I think its implied that glubby is completely loyal to Feferi though. Probably because she actually interacts with the thing rather than just use her or something.

Dream Muttman

Post by Dream Muttman » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:10 am

This is what Doc Scratch has to say about Glb'Golyb's origins.
Spoiler
Show
I like to think of her as the pet I gave to their race, at the dawning of their species' evolution. Like a sentience-warming gift. Again, it's just the sort of thing a good host does.
I think this does imply he created her but I can see how someone would read it as not implying either possibility.
Witness my golem:

JakeMorph

Post by JakeMorph » Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:30 am

I don't think Scratch referring to it as a "gift" and something he "gave" to the trolls implies anything. It's kind of a sentence devoid of implications
mod on the mspa wiki

Dream Muttman

Post by Dream Muttman » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:21 am

It implies a time frame and as a First Guardian his area of influence is limited. She's lusus-colored, biologically attuned to trolls and her part in his plans is incidental (she'll scream when crushed, not when he 'gives a signal' or anything that implies cooperation). Feferi has no special knowledge at the start, which implies either Glb'Golyb didn't have any to give her or didn't want to.

Feferi's Pesterquest route might clarify some of these things, but it's hard to know what in Pesterquest was intended in Hivebent and what's a change.
Witness my golem:

JakeMorph

Post by JakeMorph » Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:47 am

what do you mean special knowledge? it's implied that gl'bgolyb told her quite a bit, to a similar extent to what kanaya gleaned from skaia:
and we're told outright that feferi knew trollkind would go extinct and that she'd be the one to "unite the two races".

we see right there in rose's book and in problem sleuth where they come from that at least some of the smaller and middling gods are white or ambiguous in colour. i also think the fact that gl'bgolyb kind of just does stuff arbitrarily according to her own whim would imply MORESO that she is some complete outsider brought to alternia rather than something scratch engineered specifically for the purpose? if scratch had been with gl'bgolyb since its birth i would think he'd be MORE likely to cooperating with it on a mutual level, given that training people into specific roles from youth is kind of his shtick.
mod on the mspa wiki

trashyvoid

Post by trashyvoid » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:58 am

[ wakes up to horrorterror talk on my clown lore thread eating popcorn ]
im loving all this stuff truly

but also update on my clown lore doc; i think its like 80% done i just need help with some occupations and im most likely going to implement something of the clown hierarchy into the jobs part; or make it a separate ranking section ln its own. i know that subjugs are based off of juggalos specifically but [cracks knuckles] whats the point of gaining clown wisdom from your clown friends and NOT using it

VASKA
Pronouns: She/her, They/them

Post by VASKA » Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:56 pm

trashyvoid wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:58 am

but also update on my clown lore doc; i think its like 80% done i just need help with some occupations and im most likely going to implement something of the clown hierarchy into the jobs part; or make it a separate ranking section ln its own. i know that subjugs are based off of juggalos specifically but [cracks knuckles] whats the point of gaining clown wisdom from your clown friends and NOT using it
trashyvoid wrote:
i think its like 80% done i just need help with some occupations and im most likely going to implement something of the clown hierarchy into the jobs part;
trashyvoid wrote:
the clown hierarchy
excusez moi
Only cuties survive the near future

thorondraco

Post by thorondraco » Sun Jan 12, 2020 2:48 pm

Dream Muttman wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:21 am
It implies a time frame and as a First Guardian his area of influence is limited. She's lusus-colored, biologically attuned to trolls and her part in his plans is incidental (she'll scream when crushed, not when he 'gives a signal' or anything that implies cooperation). Feferi has no special knowledge at the start, which implies either Glb'Golyb didn't have any to give her or didn't want to.

Feferi's Pesterquest route might clarify some of these things, but it's hard to know what in Pesterquest was intended in Hivebent and what's a change.
its heavily implied that she can scream or do thing upon command. Doc scratch said she could make glb destroy and entire hemospectrum if the Empress desired. And as we kno an entire part of the hemospectrum is missing. My guess is that, at least for a long long time, Glib has been generating a psychic frequency that specifically kills limebloods. Continued to either until karkat or until Feferi.

Basically she would also scream if harm or death came upon a Fuschia, unless it was during a battle between fuschias. Its the real reason the Empress never was overthrown. The monster was a deadman's switch and a living empress was the held down trigger.

trashyvoid

Post by trashyvoid » Sun Jan 12, 2020 10:16 pm

VASKA wrote:
Sun Jan 12, 2020 1:56 pm
trashyvoid wrote:

trashyvoid wrote:
i think its like 80% done i just need help with some occupations and im most likely going to implement something of the clown hierarchy into the jobs part;
trashyvoid wrote:
the clown hierarchy
excusez moi
yep!

irl clowns have an hierarchy for their performances which also dictates style of make up. its 3 classes; character/tramp clowns are the lowest, they are usually the butt of the jokes and have frowny faces. then theres auguste clowns and theyre usually childish and have smiley faces. the ringleader is the whiteface clown and will be the most neat looking of the clowns. its all really cool!