Sburb Discussion

Discuss Homestuck and related works such as Hiveswap, Pesterquest, Homestuck^2, and Problem Sleuth here!
RoyalFiddle
Classpect: Mage of Time
Moon: Prospit

Re: Sburb Discussion

Post by RoyalFiddle » Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:39 pm

My question, and something I've been working with a friend to achieve, is how to metagame the ever loving Hel out of Sburb, because I feel like you want to get in and out of that game as quickly as possible. So I posit the question to y'all, in terms of god tiers, what seems like the best to have? I personally believe having 8 players is best, with four being Time (obvs), Space (again, obvs), Life (some mechanic of healing beyond conditional immortality seems like a easy answer), and Void (Just because I think getting caught anywhere near any of the pillars is deadly and Void seems like it could help mitigate that), and of the four I'm decently sure of I think the Page would be the best aspect of Space, but what makes sense for the other classes for the chosen aspects, and what should the other four players be? I mean, likely not any Seers, because of the Void player, and Bards/Princes are just... dangerous as all Hel.
ROS3S 4R3 BL4CK
V1OL3TS 4R3 BL4CK
3V3RYTH1NG 1S BL4CK
1M BL1ND
>:]

Prime

Post by Prime » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:16 pm

RoyalFiddle wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:39 pm
My question, and something I've been working with a friend to achieve, is how to metagame the ever loving Hel out of Sburb, because I feel like you want to get in and out of that game as quickly as possible. So I posit the question to y'all, in terms of god tiers, what seems like the best to have?
You could mix and match parties of every god tier any number of ways only to find that there isn't very much difference between each session (if every session was successful in the end), despite having vastly different substance made between all the players. What would only matter here is how long it would take to play from start to finish and how efficient the players are during their journey (assuming you're always playing with space and time heroes). It's all in the realm of highly theoretical sburb speedrunning, of course.

But if you're talking about the "best" combination of class and aspect in terms of power and cunning, Lord and Muse with any aspect of your liking hands down.

Robot_Face
Pronouns: They/them
Classpect: Mage of Mind
Moon: Derse

Post by Robot_Face » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:22 pm

I feel like a 2-player session with only a time and space player would be ideal. Fewest prototypes without a hardmode session and all. Ignoring lord and muse because that's cheating, I think two witches could totally speedrun the game.
ARquiusprite enclosed
Show

RoyalFiddle

Post by RoyalFiddle » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:29 pm

Prime wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:16 pm

But if you're talking about the "best" combination of class and aspect in terms of power and cunning, Lord and Muse with any aspect of your liking hands down.
Well, yeah, but I thought those two were pretty much exclusive to single player sessions, so I didn't think to include them in the running for the best. Also, assuming that every session is successful seems like woefully underestimating the difficulty of the game to begin with, you know? Like, there is a reason Scratch Constructs exist, and it's not just because they look cool. Also also, when I talk about wondering what Class works best for an Aspect, I mostly mean what suits that Aspect best to achieve the role that Aspect is supposed to fill. Basically, what Classpect combo is the most efficient and fast for what they need to do. Space players aren't incredibly important until the late-game, for example, but when they become important it's vital you have someone who would have the power and ability to properly breed the frogs, which makes a few combos less useful, like Rogue or Thief of Space.
ROS3S 4R3 BL4CK
V1OL3TS 4R3 BL4CK
3V3RYTH1NG 1S BL4CK
1M BL1ND

RoyalFiddle

Post by RoyalFiddle » Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:34 pm

Robot_Face wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:22 pm
I feel like a 2-player session with only a time and space player would be ideal. Fewest prototypes without a hardmode session and all. Ignoring lord and muse because that's cheating, I think two witches could totally speedrun the game.
Actually a really good point. I guess another thing I'd be wary of is things outside of the game itself. Assuming Sburb exists, it wouldn't be much of a stretch to say that things like the canon sessions and Doc Scratch exists, and with Mr. Vanilla Milkshake, comes Lord English. Therefore, anything that makes you visible by them is dangerous, due to canonicity and falling under the machinations of many people with irons in the fires. I don't wanna end up being a pawn for any of the big name players, of which there are many, ya know? Logically, I probably won't, but even the possibility makes shit seem dire to me, at least.
ROS3S 4R3 BL4CK
V1OL3TS 4R3 BL4CK
3V3RYTH1NG 1S BL4CK
1M BL1ND

Prime

Post by Prime » Sat Nov 16, 2019 12:33 am

RoyalFiddle wrote:
Fri Nov 15, 2019 11:29 pm
Well, yeah, but I thought those two were pretty much exclusive to single player sessions, so I didn't think to include them in the running for the best. Also, assuming that every session is successful seems like woefully underestimating the difficulty of the game to begin with, you know? Like, there is a reason Scratch Constructs exist, and it's not just because they look cool. Also also, when I talk about wondering what Class works best for an Aspect, I mostly mean what suits that Aspect best to achieve the role that Aspect is supposed to fill. Basically, what Classpect combo is the most efficient and fast for what they need to do. Space players aren't incredibly important until the late-game, for example, but when they become important it's vital you have someone who would have the power and ability to properly breed the frogs, which makes a few combos less useful, like Rogue or Thief of Space.
I kinda would be discounting the difficulty of the game by assuming all the sessions that tried to speedrun sburb were successful, you're right. It was a poor choice of words. A better way to put it might be: Out of every optimally played* session that ended successfully, the makeup of the players might not weigh as heavily on classpects as one might think. You know, besides every successful session needing a time and a space player.