Classpect discussion

Discuss Homestuck and related works such as Hiveswap, Pesterquest, Homestuck^2, and Problem Sleuth here!
sigmatic
Pronouns: he/him
Classpect: Rogue of Life
Moon: Derse

Re: Classpect discussion

Post by sigmatic » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:42 am

Daz wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:13 am
Personally I'm more interested in classpects regarding the personality sense rather than actual powers (like a shitty version of Myers-Briggs but with ridiculous pajamas).
Agreed, I find the way the classpects are tied to narrative roles within Homestuck (and other media?) very interesting as well
Rogue of Life
forums? more like BOREums har har

warren

Post by warren » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:36 am

yes! powers have bored me when talking about classpects. i like what it MEANS to be a prince and how youve been cosmically destined to be a hero of doom or whatever. what does that say for you as a person? what is your journey? whats the inside of your mind look like
mage of hope :cool3d:

tajazzled
Classpect: maid of hope
Moon: Prospit

Post by tajazzled » Wed Nov 13, 2019 10:42 am

on every classpect test i've taken, i've gotten the same answer, even when people have personally classpected me. i'm da maid of hope, boyz, how fucked am i in the long run?

Nep
Pronouns: Any (Genderfluid)
Classpect: Rogue of Heart

Post by Nep » Wed Nov 13, 2019 12:24 pm

Rogue of Heart here yo.

So basically I can steal souls or some shit for everyone's benefits I think?

It's pretty coincidental I really love cats and Nepeta. So I'm not surprised but I wouldn't be MVP because emotional players make the worst decisions sometimes.
Forum's Certified Nep. :nepball: || Rogue of Heart

ZyhpenNoodles
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ZyhpenNoodles » Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:42 pm

The extended zodiac gave me Heart and Hope and most quizzes either give me Prince or Mage. I don't know which one I would be. :distraught:
|| Seer of Hope || Prospit || She/Her ||
#SeerGang :rosecool:

BigMissSteak

Post by BigMissSteak » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:38 pm

I feel like I would be a maid of blood! When I was younger I was a little lonely and awkward but now I’ve really grown into my own! Figuring out my classpect is really hard for me, though. It’s hard for me to pin myself down for one and I often end up changing my mind. Does anyone else have this problem?

egg
Pronouns: any
Classpect: Prince of Breath

Post by egg » Sat Nov 16, 2019 4:55 pm

I've been into Classpect for an horrendously long time, back since BladekindEyewear was the Classpect theorist, and when Inversion was the main point of discussion. I've developed some theories of my own, but most of what I've done has been subscribe to other people's theories. A lot of old Classpect was rooted in analysis of the comic's characters and when applied to real life, introspection - there was no such easy way out as a quick quiz or funny t-shirts. You had to come up with your own stuff, or read someone else's theories (and a LOT of different theories) and come up with something yourself.

I've waned between various different Classpects as my knowledge expanded, but for now I've settled for Prince of Breath. It's what fits my personal development history the most and represents the way I choose to interpret the world around me best. I don't think it's a bad thing to not quite settle for anything, because introspection can be difficult, and people's theories vary. Not only that, but FAQs have confirmed that Classpect will never out and be explained, which means that a hard and fast answer will never be available. I think that's a good thing, because it means that people can interpret things in the way they personally choose, and strengthen their bonds with one another through theorycrafting and debate.
I am a person who has English as their second language. Please bear with me.

gratingAsshat

Post by gratingAsshat » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:21 pm

Alright, gamers.
It is me.
A Page of Void.
I make things into GMOD error models.
Or just straight up transparent photoshop layers.
I also do the thing where I am friends with people.
This is peak Page of Void hours.

gratingAsshat

Post by gratingAsshat » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:21 pm

Also Horuss is a garbage boy. I hope to be better some day.

PhosofRadiance

Post by PhosofRadiance » Sat Nov 16, 2019 5:31 pm

It is quite interesting to notice how a Classpect may have changed over time.
Mine is still up in the air, which is quite humourous to me as I've always found
myself rather obvious. Although, that does not seem to be the case.

I have found myself rather attached to Light/Void with an Active class.

It's almost a form of self-discovery. Perhaps what you think fits only fits because
it is what you wish to be. "It's cool", "I like the outfit", "I think it'd have neat powers."
So, you know what you wish to be, but it doesn't answer who you are, what you are.

It's an adventure and a tragedy.
~GC~

vanporas

Post by vanporas » Sat Nov 16, 2019 6:29 pm

Ooo I absolutely LOVE talking about classpects! Mine is the Mage of Space!! I’ve had it for years.
On the topic of Mages and what they do, I personally strongly believe that they understand their aspect completely. They know the good and the bad (and everything else!) of their aspect from directly experiencing it!
I’ve seen a lot of people say that Mages suffer from their aspect, but I disagree.. Mages can’t experience everything if they don’t experience the ups just as well as the downs, you know? I can personally vouch that there is a lot more consisting in the universe that is of neutral or good standing ground then there is bad! Unless your aspect deals with some subjects that could defined as unsavory in practice (which even then isn’t much) then I wouldn’t be so quick to label a Mage as suffering. It’s also really depressing to think about! No one would knowingly want to be a Mage if they’re marked by constant suffering. I think most of the reasoning people use to say that they suffer is from Sollux, but his aspect was Doom, which rules over suffering as well as the worldly limits we’re burdened with (I think?).
As a Space aspected Mage I do have trouble with the themes under my aspect, but I don’t hate those themes for it! Science and STEM is hard for me, for example Astronomy is very confusing sometimes, but I still love it and the outer space with all of my heart. The same with art! It’s hard, and it can make me real upset, but I’ll be darned if I don’t love it in itself and love to study it! Both of these subjects brought so much joy and difficulties but I find myself continuing to research and partake all the same! I just want to know and understand as much as I can for my own interest.
Mage Gang Rise Uppp ✌️😩
☆noww go and be cleansed by the light of truth purity nonfakeness hope and abovve all SCIENCE☆

Pine

Post by Pine » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:11 pm

the page reloaded and I lost my big sexy post about classpect 😔 Oh well.....-snaps shut the top of the black board flappy thingy - take 2!!!

I’m your local bard of breath! I was assigned this, and agree with it. Im motivated by person fulfillment and Having a Fun and Good TIme™ as well as some breath behaviors like being really easily distracted, very flighty, and detached from the world around me. Bard because, while I am most certainly breath, I also see the flaws in breath. My gut reaction is to mock it, to point it out and laugh. Other Bard behaviors include revelling in making people slightly uncomfortable, and being The Weird Kid >:] That’s bard codpiece baybee!!! It’s the feeling you get when looking at THE COD. That feeling of slight discomfort, and being weirded out. Bards LOVE causing that feeling. However, don’t go overboard and overstep boundaries, moderate yourself. Inviting destruction of breath, for me, looks like me trying to be very empathetic and focused on connecting w others (to try and counteract my natural detachment from emotions, nd therefore empathy). Inviting destruction through breath for me is moving things along and shifting conversations onto something else in order to prevent dwelling on something that I perceive to be better dwelt on Alone, or just personally not enjoyable to see. (I don’t think it’s fun so we’re not gonna talk about this! Hey, let’s talk about this other thing!) This can be disruptive and have negative consequences :lime:

This is a short summary, but yeah!!! I like my title, it describes me well.

Also, i’ve come to make an announcement
📣 CLASSPECT DOESN’T DEFINE WHO YOU ARE!!! DON’T CHANGE YOURSELF TO FIT CLASSPECT. CLASSPECT IS JUST A DESCRIPTION OF WHO YOU ALREADY ARE, AND A TOOL THAT CAN BE USED TO LOOK DEEPER INTO WHO YOU ARE. IT DOES NOT EXCUSE YOUR ACTIONS, AND DOES NOT CONDEMN OTHERS TO ACTIONS.📣

Thanks for coming to my Tedtalk!!
Prospit bard of breath!! :orange:

ZyhpenNoodles
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ZyhpenNoodles » Sat Nov 16, 2019 7:18 pm

ZyhpenNoodles wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:42 pm
The extended zodiac gave me Heart and Hope and most quizzes either give me Prince or Mage. I don't know which one I would be. :distraught:
Ok y'all, I finally figured it out. I'm a Mage of Hope. :cool: :cool: :cool:
|| Seer of Hope || Prospit || She/Her ||
#SeerGang :rosecool:

RoyalFiddle
Classpect: Mage of Time

Post by RoyalFiddle » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:22 pm

I used to regularly get Light or Hope aspected God Tiers, but recently I've been getting things ranging from Mage of Time to Page of Space... at least I'd be relevant? I guess???
ROS3S 4R3 BL4CK
V1OL3TS 4R3 BL4CK
3V3RYTH1NG 1S BL4CK
1M BL1ND
>:]

Callz2k

Post by Callz2k » Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:59 pm

I am so thankful that we have the MSPA forums back so we can, as fandom, finally dictate what interpretations of Classpect theory are valid and which are not valid.

(Here's a hint, they're all valid and so are you)
Pronouns are He/Him.
Currently am feeling like a Maid of Light, but this is subject to change.

Callz2k

Post by Callz2k » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:04 pm

RoyalFiddle wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 8:22 pm
I used to regularly get Light or Hope aspected God Tiers, but recently I've been getting things ranging from Mage of Time to Page of Space... at least I'd be relevant? I guess???
I'd trust Title quizzes about as far as you can through them, which, considering that they aren't physical object, is not very far at all.
Best way to find out your title is to study out the classes and aspects and try them out, see how they fit you, and if the one you were sure you were yesterday doesn't fit you anymore, no big deal, just go with what feels right.
There is no omniscient Skaia to tell you what your TRUE TITLE is, so you'll never know for sure, but this also means that you can't ever be wrong, only past you can be wrong.
Pronouns are He/Him.
Currently am feeling like a Maid of Light, but this is subject to change.

RoyalFiddle
Classpect: Mage of Time

Post by RoyalFiddle » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:08 pm

Callz2k wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:04 pm
I'd trust Title quizzes about as far as you can through them, which, considering that they aren't physical object, is not very far at all.
Best way to find out your title is to study out the classes and aspects and try them out, see how they fit you, and if the one you were sure you were yesterday doesn't fit you anymore, no big deal, just go with what feels right.
There is no omniscient Skaia to tell you what your TRUE TITLE is, so you'll never know for sure, but this also means that you can't ever be wrong, only past you can be wrong.
I mean, I can throw my computer pretty damn hard! And I'm lazy as fuck! ...but I did do some studying of what we do know of the classpects already... and it shouldn't be too hard to look into other interpretations... shite, you've got me thinking about studying you absolute monster
ROS3S 4R3 BL4CK
V1OL3TS 4R3 BL4CK
3V3RYTH1NG 1S BL4CK
1M BL1ND
>:]

MatthewHMay

Post by MatthewHMay » Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:47 pm

I've found that based on most quizzes and my own personal research I believe I would be a Knight of Rage.
What kind of powers do y'all think knights of rage would have?
Endless War: A Textbased MMO RPG playable via discord https://discord.gg/mtSRXek

nonsenseMnemonic
Pronouns: he/him

Post by nonsenseMnemonic » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:31 pm

I'm not a big classpector but I think Knights use their aspect as a tool, and Rage is.. Rage. I think Rage works well as a means to an end -- a reason and a way to plow forward, often but not always hand-in-hand with destruction. A Knight of Rage might use some manifestation of Rage to further their mission, maybe by tearing things down (metaphorically? literally? both?) to create new pathways.

I generally identify myself with Time, going by the idea that Sburb would assign you an aspect that would help you grow as a person. Beginnings, endings, and continuations are all things I'd do well to learn to work with.

egg
Pronouns: any
Classpect: Prince of Breath

Post by egg » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:35 pm

nonsenseMnemonic wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:31 pm
A Knight of Rage might use some manifestation of Rage to further their mission, maybe by tearing things down (metaphorically? literally? both?)
MatthewHMay wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:47 pm
What kind of powers do y'all think knights of rage would have?
Rip and tear.
Rip and tear, until it is done.
I am a person who has English as their second language. Please bear with me.