Classpect discussion

Discuss Homestuck and related works such as Hiveswap, Pesterquest, Homestuck^2, and Problem Sleuth here!
RoyalFiddle
Classpect: Mage of Time
Moon: Prospit

Re: Classpect discussion

Post by RoyalFiddle » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:40 pm

egg wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:35 pm
Rip and tear.
Rip and tear, until it is done.
Your name is DOOMSLAYER, and although you have been around since 1993, it is today that you truly get to RIP AND TEAR, you are a KNIGHT of GUN, though you don't really give a shit about that, unless it allows you to fight DEMONS with BIG GUTS, GUTS THAT YOU CAN RIP AND TEAR. You are currently on a Hell (and Heaven) torn Earth, hunting down the bastard from the last game (You know the one). What will you do? Actually, the only acceptable answer to that is KILL THEM ALL
ROS3S 4R3 BL4CK
V1OL3TS 4R3 BL4CK
3V3RYTH1NG 1S BL4CK
1M BL1ND
>:]

MatthewHMay

Post by MatthewHMay » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:43 pm

nonsenseMnemonic wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:31 pm
A Knight of Rage might use some manifestation of Rage to further their mission, maybe by tearing things down (metaphorically? literally? both?) to create new pathways.
Okay cool I was thinking along the same lines. I was talking with some folks in a Tablestuck game and they came up with the idea that someone like a Page of Rage would pretty much become Rage incarcerate and be similar to the hulk that the get uber buff when they use their powers.

Another thing to consider is the social aspect of a Knight of Rage to possibly "Exploit through Rage" Implying stuff like infuriating enemies or causing in-fighting in the derse royalty. It could also be inferred as meaning the Knight emboldens their allows via their rage.
nonsenseMnemonic wrote:
I generally identify myself with Time, going by the idea that Sburb would assign you an aspect that would help you grow as a person. Beginnings, endings, and continuations are all things I'd do well to learn to work with.
Time has always been one of my favorite aspects to think about. Because for the most part we see just the one kind of time powers, but what a player could slow or even freeze time? There's a lot of ideas that never got explored.
Endless War: A Textbased MMO RPG playable via discord https://discord.gg/mtSRXek

Pine

Post by Pine » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:54 pm

MatthewHMay wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:43 pm
nonsenseMnemonic wrote:
A Knight of Rage might use some manifestation of Rage to further their mission, maybe by tearing things down (metaphorically? literally? both?) to create new pathways.
Okay cool I was thinking along the same lines. I was talking with some folks in a Tablestuck game and they came up with the idea that someone like a Page of Rage would pretty much become Rage incarcerate and be similar to the hulk that the get uber buff when they use their powers.

Another thing to consider is the social aspect of a Knight of Rage to possibly "Exploit through Rage" Implying stuff like infuriating enemies or causing in-fighting in the derse royalty. It could also be inferred as meaning the Knight emboldens their allows via their rage.
Batman is a knight of rage if an example helps you visualize how knight of rage might manifest personality-wise!!! :kitty:
Prospit bard of breath!! :orange:

Callz2k

Post by Callz2k » Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:59 pm

MatthewHMay wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:47 pm
I've found that based on most quizzes and my own personal research I believe I would be a Knight of Rage.
What kind of powers do y'all think knights of rage would have?
IMO a Knight is one who allows service of and through their aspect, and Rage is of narrowed perspective, doubt, contradictions, irrelevance, and roles.
A knight of rage is likely led by a temper that they hid under countless masks of roles and parts they play, or through constant contradictions that cast doubt on themselves.
As for powers, I'm not entirely certain, Rage is one of those aspects that we haven't seen play out in god tier form, so it's hard to say.
Pronouns are He/Him.
Currently am feeling like a Maid of Light, but this is subject to change.

Callz2k

Post by Callz2k » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:06 pm

MatthewHMay wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:43 pm
Time has always been one of my favorite aspects to think about. Because for the most part we see just the one kind of time powers, but what a player could slow or even freeze time? There's a lot of ideas that never got explored.
A Thief of Time would likely be capable of slowing down their foes, as well as giving themselves a neat speed boost.

A Page of Time would be capable of straight up ZA WARDO!!ing(freezing time) for themselves and their friends, but this would take a long, long time to grow into naturally or they are put in a position where they have no other option.
Pronouns are He/Him.

PhosofRadiance

Post by PhosofRadiance » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:11 pm

Callz2k wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 10:59 pm
MatthewHMay wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:47 pm
I've found that based on most quizzes and my own personal research I believe I would be a Knight of Rage.
What kind of powers do y'all think knights of rage would have?
IMO a Knight is one who allows service of and through their aspect, and Rage is of narrowed perspective, doubt, contradictions, irrelevance, and roles.
I'm not sure I understand exactly. Can you elaborate?
~GC~

Callz2k

Post by Callz2k » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:24 pm

PhosofRadiance wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:11 pm
The knight is the Passive Serve class, it allows for service of and through it's aspect.
Not exactly fully sure of the ramifications and meaning of this, but at least part of their ability set is allowing their environment itself to serve those they choose they're aspect. This leads to the commonly observed phenomenon of the session a knight is within seeming to lack their aspect. (Ua1 lacking a choice[Mind], Ua2 lacking a plan[Blood], and Ub1 lacking in time[Time])

I'm not exactly sure on the mechanics of knights, I'll be honest, I don't really know what their path is.
Pronouns are He/Him.

egg
Pronouns: any
Classpect: Prince of Breath
Moon: Derse

Post by egg » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:35 pm

Callz2k wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:24 pm
PhosofRadiance wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:11 pm
The knight is the Passive Serve class, it allows for service of and through it's aspect.
Not exactly fully sure of the ramifications and meaning of this, but at least part of their ability set is allowing their environment itself to serve those they choose they're aspect. This leads to the commonly observed phenomenon of the session a knight is within seeming to lack their aspect. (Ua1 lacking a choice[Mind], Ua2 lacking a plan[Blood], and Ub1 lacking in time[Time])

I'm not exactly sure on the mechanics of knights, I'll be honest, I don't really know what their path is.
I wouldn't describe it as servitude for two reasons (I don't care about active/passive because it's essentially useless)
1, and the shortest one: Describing someone's role as 'serving' is pretty shitty for them, as everyone should be able to choose their own path. This is why people who used the same verb for Maids got a lot of flack back in the day.
2:
ARADIA: the knight of time is not necessarily the tactician
ARADIA: he is a powerful warrior class which exploits the flow of time as a weapon
CG: ANYWAY, SHE AND DAVE DO A LOT OF FROG BREEDING, ACCELERATING THE PROCESS SIGNIFICANTLY BY EXPLOITING TIME TRAVEL, WITH HELP FROM ME AND KANAYA, SINCE WE WERE IN CHARGE OF FROG DUTIES IN OUR SESSION.

CG: SHE AND DAVE RAN INTO JACK, WHICH I’M SURE HE MUST HAVE SAW COMING BECAUSE I’VE NEVER SEEN ANYONE EXPLOIT TIME TRAVEL SO SHAMELESSLY AS HIM, NOT EVEN ARADIA.
How'd he exploit time? Ridiculous, and ridiculous amounts of, stable loops: rigging the stock exchange to create massive, ungodly amounts of money, compressing weeks' worth of time into hours, wrapping his will into the future, and shoving many coordinated future selves in different fights, all without ever dooming himself. To quote BKEW, "He wasn’t creating, destroying, or changing Time. He was just making the maximum possible use of the Time he had!"
And, to quote him AGAIN,
bladekindEyewear wrote:Give a Knight his sword, and he’ll cut down foes, mend armor, scale walls, unlock doors, perform alchemy, fell drawbridges, dice vegetables and stir stew, jumpstart cars, unclog his plumbing, clog an enemy’s plumbing, and perform circus entertainment… all with the same, solitary, unchanged sword. And when it finally breaks in half, he’ll use the hilt as a dagger and the tip as a doorstop.
I am a person who has English as their second language. Please bear with me.

Callz2k

Post by Callz2k » Sat Nov 16, 2019 11:40 pm

You could say that a Knight allows their aspect to serve themselves.
Pronouns are He/Him.

TimeBender25
Location: Anywhere between Chicago and slightly to the left of Chicago, the long way around.
Pronouns: She/her ; They/them
Classpect: Prince of Blood

Post by TimeBender25 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 10:56 am

Classpect is wack.

I was gonna post a rant about Prince of Blood but I have no energy for it.
>Yo, what the flumph is this.

frogmoss10

Post by frogmoss10 » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:08 am

I'm a Page of Light.

The way I see it, Pages grow through hardship. So, say, a Page of Breath in my eyes would simply grow more determined the more crap you throw at them. This is really just conjecture on my end and not based directly off the comic in any way.

As a Page of Light, I suppose I'd learn through hardship, considering that in my eyes, Light is the aspect of two things: the unknowable (luck, etc.), and the absolute(facts, fate, etc.). An extremely powerful page would probably end up being one of two things: someone who knows a lot about things like fate, or the more combat-oriented ridiculous levels of luck that characters like Vriska have.

Of course, this is all from someone who has been a Homestuck for less than a month, so take my view with a serving of salt.
Reader: Boggle vacantly at this thoughtless signature.

You look at this mess of a closing thought. Who even thought this to be a good idea?

(Avatar img source: https://www.homestuck.com/story/1542)

VASKA
Pronouns: She/her, They/them

Post by VASKA » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:14 am

Classpects are just Jungian psycho-analysis, can you change my mind?

But I'm not going to classpect myself right now, because I'm in kind of a transitionary period of my life. In the past, though, I considered myself a Prince of Time, and the extended zodiac quiz confirmed Time for me.
Only cuties survive the near future

Nep
Pronouns: Any (Genderfluid)
Classpect: Rogue of Heart

Post by Nep » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:54 am

What are the possibilities that homestuck^2 will add new classes and aspects? Because it feels like that might happen and we'd have to discuss that.
Forum's Certified Nep. :nepball: || Rogue of Heart

VASKA
Pronouns: She/her, They/them

Post by VASKA » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:58 am

Nep wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:54 am
What are the possibilities that homestuck^2 will add new classes and aspects? Because it feels like that might happen and we'd have to discuss that.
I doubt we'll get any new aspects, unless Piss makes it into the story officially. The 12 aspects we have seen cover pretty much all the needs of the narrative, manage to encapsulate the "forces of the universe" very well, and have been codified in the Extended Zodiac. Added new aspects would probably do more to mess stuff up than actually do anything worthwhile.
Only cuties survive the near future

Dream Muttman

Post by Dream Muttman » Sun Nov 17, 2019 12:12 pm

Nep wrote:
OD would throw a fit so that'll never happen.

VASKA wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:14 am
Classpects are just Jungian psycho-analysis, can you change my mind?
Aspects are actually anthropomorphic concepts playing 4d chess a la Umineko. Psychology is the purview of one of them (Mind), the hobby of one other (Heart) and they make up stuff like Jung because they have fun acting snooty and pretentious to make fun of Light, who plays along because they don't get the joke.
Witness my golem:
:candy: :meat: :candy:
:candycorn: :candycorn: :candycorn: :candycorn:

Has it grown since you last saw it?

Callz2k

Post by Callz2k » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:02 pm

Nep wrote:
Aspects are a no go, except possibly an aspect at the center of the wheel.
For classes, again, a center class could be viable, but I think that there is also potential for a pair of classes that are equal in Active and Passive charge to the master classes.
However, currently I think that there aren't any major voids in the system that need to be filled, and since OD is on the team there's a decent chance that it will stick to canon classes and aspects, but you never know.
Pronouns are He/Him.

ZyhpenNoodles
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ZyhpenNoodles » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:26 pm

You know, I really wish there was more information on Classpects. Sure, we got classpecting people and stuff like that, but wouldn't it be nice to have a straight answer to these things instead? To clear things up? Get more information on certain Classes and Aspects? For example, Mage and Doom.

Maybe someday. I don't know. :lime:
Hopefully someone uses a toblerone for this to happen.
|| Seer of Hope || Prospit || She/Her ||
#SeerGang :rosecool:

RoyalFiddle
Classpect: Mage of Time
Moon: Prospit

Post by RoyalFiddle » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:30 pm

ZyhpenNoodles wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:26 pm
You know, I really wish there was more information on Classpects. Sure, we got classpecting people and stuff like that, but wouldn't it be nice to have a straight answer to these things instead? To clear things up? Get more information on certain Classes and Aspects? For example, Mage and Doom.
One finger curls around the Monkey's Paw as your wish is granted. Sure, we certainly know a lot more about the classpects now, but was it really worth the end of the world, the Homestuck fandom thinks to itself, survivors of the meteors, already having entered the Medium.
ROS3S 4R3 BL4CK
V1OL3TS 4R3 BL4CK
3V3RYTH1NG 1S BL4CK
1M BL1ND
>:]

egg
Pronouns: any
Classpect: Prince of Breath

Post by egg » Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:39 pm

ZyhpenNoodles wrote:

I am a person who has English as their second language. Please bear with me.

ZyhpenNoodles
Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ZyhpenNoodles » Sun Nov 17, 2019 5:18 pm

egg wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 4:39 pm
ZyhpenNoodles wrote:

Aight, fair enough.
|| Seer of Hope || Prospit || She/Her ||
#SeerGang :rosecool: